Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I guess I had better put my two in here.

Cosmo and Lucy are both rescue success stories. Lucy came from North Tx rescue and Cosmo came from rescue out of KC,Mo.
We have had 4 rescue Wiems since 1992. Two of which have went to a better place after many years of enjoyment.

Both are very birdie and will give a staunch point any Dad would be proud of, unfourtunately neither care for the gun. I haven't given up hope and I work on it every chance I get.

[img][IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d17/Sweet16Owner/CosmoandLucy005.jpg[/img][/img]

[img][IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d17/Sweet16Owner/LucyMemphisCosmo2.jpg[/img][/img]

Memphis is one we fostered for 2-3 months before we found him a forever home. I could had never imagined how hard it would be to see him go after such a short time. They grow on ya....kinda like a fungus.

As you can see, they don't have it real tough. grin

Last edited by WeimsnKs; 01/01/08. Reason: Add PIcs
GB1

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Great pics.. Not sure I could foster one and give him/her up.... Good job on your end though!

Jeff

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have enjoyed reading about everyone's special dog. Good stories and pics.

Here is Rica, my GWP, who is the first dog I have had. Getting her has been one of the best things I have done for life. I tried to train her myself, so she is no field trial dog. Yet, she seems the happiest when she she sees the shotgun and gets to find some quail.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Have had two wirehairs. Never got to use them on birds, but they did fine on bear. Sure friendly, loveable, dogs.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
This wirehair sure likes other people, but would rather avoid other dogs. She is rather submissive, like a zeta female.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Great thread on our fav dogs.

Here are my two GWPs. Abbey, driving the boat, is a rescue. Thor at his 1st birthday party. Both are now 5 yrs old.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
[Linked Image]

Now that's why dogs bite people LOL

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Thor looks like he was spanked BEFORE you sang "Happy Birthday" to him. grin

Sure are great looking pooches. cool

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Yea it looks like I beat the poor guy. I was telling him to stay for a clear pic. I could have showed outdoor hunting pics but wanted to entertain a bit.

Thor is pretty docile in the house. He has his places where he lies, you can walk over him. He is very comfortable with his position in our home. He sings for dinner which is a real hoot. He is a typical wirehair with strangers and is very protective of our house when UPS or similar shows. He won't quit when we hunt. An easy to live with package.

On the other hand my rescue, Abbey, is the opposite. She is friendly to all, runs into stuff in the house and very reluctantly follows commands to lie down etc, usually gets up as you step over her, follows me everywhere. At least she is showing her potential as a hunter and has begun to point solidly on singles and coveys. Has always been a good retriever.

Wouldn't trade either for anything.

I could never imagine living without a hunting dog. I am sure all of you feel the same way.

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Those GWPs sure have beautiful faces!!!

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
IC B3

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Here are some pictures of Maggie. She lives to hunt! These pictures were taken in South Dakota just after christmas this year.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
How could anyone resist that look...??? grin

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Oakster

Great looking dog. FWIW, however, I've learned the hard way not to use a choke chain for general collar purposes. I used to think they were handy, trouble free and looked good. That was a long time ago.
I'm not saying there was a fatality, but I'll never use one again on an unsupervised dog. Not getting on you as I know it is a common practice, though not as common as it once was. Just trying to give you the benefit of my experience. Like I said, FWIW.

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Those are great pics of the GWPs -- will have to put up a few of our new lab pup as soon as she lets me catch up on my sleep.

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Doesn't anybody have a pic of their GSP in action? confused

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Whoops, just saw JJ's.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
[Linked Image]
Here's Tank, my 10 year old yellow lab. I picked him up while in college, didn't have any money but I traded a chainsaw carving of a big bear for him as an 8 week old pup. Can't say enough good about this dog, been there through it all, from a divorce to picking up and moving 400 miles with my son to start a new job. I don't think there is anyone who knows me who doesn't know Tank too. Gonna be rough when he goes, on me and my boy.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Abby: Not great but dam good.
[Linked Image]

Toby: Time will tell.

[Linked Image]

Battue

laissez les bons temps rouler
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Here's photo of Holly who died of kidney disease at 4 years. She was a sweetheart and her loss broke all our hearts-

[Linked Image]

My current pair Rastus and Hanna. They are great field dogs and house dogs as well-

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What breeds...English? They are gorgeous! laugh

battue,

Very nice photos and the right kind of birds! cool

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

585 members (007FJ, 160user, 1936M71, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 65 invisible), 2,158 guests, and 1,228 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,776
Posts18,495,793
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.