Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 11 of 20 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 19 20
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
The outright decency of many here is as equally shocking as the total douchery of others. Best wishes to the good guys!

GB1

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
That's terrible . My condolences for your loss.

Grumpy old man with a gun.....Do not touch .
Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.
Don't bother my monument and I'll leave yours alone.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by pabucktail
The outright decency of many here is as equally shocking as the total douchery of others. Best wishes to the good guys!

All the good guys haven't left.... wink

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A little story about Bruce:

We'd never met and I was new to posting on this forum (lurker) and I had mentioned that my two dogs had recently died within a month of each other. One good girl of old age, the little one with cancer. Right at Christmas time.

Out of the blue Bruce pm'd me and said that he had a beautiful pure bred pup for free if I wanted it. I reluctantly declined, still feeling raw about losing my companions. His generous and kind offer puts him permanently in the good guy camp.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
So sorry to hear about your loss. Just 2 weeks ago we had to put down our 15 year old Jack Russell and it was one of the toughest things I have ever gone through.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by GTC22
Bruce, that's a heartbreaker! I don't know you, and I'm not even a dog guy. But my daughter and son in law are. Their Griffon, Sage, had a beautiful litter and they've sold all but one or two females. I think they've been getting $1500, but PM me and I'm sure I could get you the 24Hr Campfire 100% discount.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

There's more happy hunts ahead!

GTC22
That's about as cool as it gets!

If your kids still have one of those pups around in a month, I'd be super interested. (Not looking for any special pricing. Happy to pay for the right pup)

"The Ballpark burgers were free, why not eat them?"
- Wabi-
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
Originally Posted by luv2safari
Originally Posted by slumlord
Is it anyway to recover her? Have any rock climbing buddies, friends with rappelling gear?
Any rock climbing onion-heads you can whip up down at Starbucks?

The mountain is too dangerous. I was headed to go up, but my wife stopped me. She said she couldn't lose us both. I've been there many times, and a lot of chukar live on the steep face. A lot of hunters hunt the canyon at it's base, but I have never seen anyone on the face or even up it 10-20 feet.

Ya but what about someone else? Like a local climber?

That would take work, money and planning to rescue a hunting dog and family member

Better to get a non certified, non navdha breed back yard breeder Whpg to replace a hunting dog is great!

this thread has entered the absurd

Last edited by ribka; 11/06/23.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ribka
Is it anyway to recover her? Have any rock climbing buddies, friends with rappelling gear?

The mountain is too dangerous. I was headed to go up, but my wife stopped me. She said she couldn't lose us both. I've been there many times, and a lot of chukar live on the steep face. A lot of hunters hunt the canyon at it's base, but I have never seen anyone on the face or even up it 10-20 feet.

That would take work, money and planning to rescue a hunting dog and family member

Better to get a back yard breeder to replace a rare hunting breed like a wired haired pointing griiff
That's a bit of a low blow. I know of a dozen rock face mountainsides in Nevada that no one should climb. It's all crumbling shale. Lots of false holds that would pop off if you tried to grab them. None of that volcanic rock is stable. What's the point? Dogs dead. Let her lie.

- Wabi-
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
This is terrible. I’m so sorry for your loss.

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Condolences,that must have been so hard for you.

Benefactor Life Member NRA, Arizona Hunter Education Instructor
IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by RUM7

Better to get a back yard breeder to replace a rare hunting breed like a wired haired pointing griiff
That's a bit of a low blow. I know of a dozen rock face mountainsides in Nevada that no one should climb. It's all crumbling shale. Lots of false holds that would pop off if you tried to grab them. None of that volcanic rock is stable. What's the point? Dogs dead. Let her lie.

When you're working with working breeds as a human being you should know all of the risks and prepare for them before sending the dog in to work with you.

I spend 3 months hunting chukar a year. I use griffs. why would an upland hunter send his dog in unsafe areas with no safety back ups or safety plans? no e collar, no training , no gps? Why would a hunter send his dog in a dangerous cliff area blinded with no visual of his dog and no way to avoid a dangerous situation and no way to call his dog from a dangerous cliff area and have no back plan if schit goes bad when his dog is injured or can't get out ? Why would an an upland hunter get a dog from an uncertified breeder especially when he cant afford a good upland dog?

this was a plugged up situation from the beginning

maybe more insight from you ....

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

I spend 3 months hunting chukar a year. I use griffs. why would an upland hunter send his dog in unsafe areas with no safety back ups or safety plans? no e collar, no training , no gps? Why would a hunter send his dog in a dangerous cliff area blinded with no visual of his dog and no way to avoid a dangerous situation and no way to call his dog from a dangerous cliff area and have no back plan if schit goes bad when his dog is injured or can't get out ?

While I don't disagree with much of what you just said, I don't see the point in rubbing it in. Or even pointing it out. Sounds like a lesson was already learned the hard way.

- Wabi-
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

When you're working with working breeds as a human being you should know all of the risks and prepare for them before sending the dog in to work with you.

I spend 3 months hunting chukar a year. I use griffs. why would an upland hunter send his dog in unsafe areas with no safety back ups or safety plans? no e collar, no training , no gps? Why would a hunter send his dog in a dangerous cliff area blinded with no visual of his dog and no way to avoid a dangerous situation and no way to call his dog from a dangerous cliff area and have no back plan if schit goes bad when his dog is injured or can't get out ? Why would an an upland hunter get a dog from an uncertified breeder especially when he cant afford a good upland dog?

How do you know so much about the breeder?
I assume anyone spending money would do their due diligence regarding lineage, health certs, ect...

- Wabi-
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

So many questions. What’s your point? Why don’t skip all the questions and just state your opinion instead of the twenty questions routine? Reminds me of the way most females communicate.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
no lesson, no responsibility was learned. that is my point . just get a replacement puppy and make dumb decisions again. The unfortunate dog died from an un responsible owner who put the dog unprepared in a dangerous environment

maybe you can point out where the op will change behavior regarding running upland dogs in dangerous chukar cliffy areas?

why would a serious upland hunter buy a dog from a griff breeder who will not provide certification from genetic defects, from an untested breeder?

love your input

this entire situation sucks. but they point should be not to et this happen again

The dog suffered needlessly

I spend 3 months hunting chukar a year. I use griffs. why would an upland hunter send his dog in unsafe areas with no safety back ups or safety plans? no e collar, no training , no gps? Why would a hunter send his dog in a dangerous cliff area blinded with no visual of his dog and no way to avoid a dangerous situation and no way to call his dog from a dangerous cliff area and have no back plan if schit goes bad when his dog is injured or can't get out ?

While I don't disagree with much of what you just said, I don't see the point in rubbing it in. Or even pointing it out. Sounds like a lesson was already learned the hard way.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Know all the risks and prepare for them all?
If you are as experienced as you say, you know that's not possible. Hunting with dogs is inherently dangerous for the dogs. Scheit happens. I've never lost one hunting but I know of much better handlers than myself who have

- Wabi-
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
so you dont run hunting dogs obviously

Originally Posted by NVhntr

So many questions. What’s your point? Why don’t skip all the questions and just state your opinion instead of the twenty questions routine? Reminds me of the way most females communicate.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
of course you can lose hunting dogs despite all of your preparations

what precautions did the op take hunting in chukar country? no e collars, no training, no gps, no dog sling, no rope, no back up plan to get dog out if injured.

perhaps you have more insight?

If you are as experienced as you say, you know that's not possible. Hunting with dogs is inherently dangerous for the dogs. Scheit happens. I've never lost one hunting but I know of much better handlers than myself who have

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
of course you can lose hunting dogs despite all of your preparations

what precautions did the op take hunting in chukar country? no e collars, no training, no gps, no dog sling, no rope, no back up plan to get dog out if injured.

perhaps you have more insight?

Nope,
Obviously you know it all.

- Wabi-
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
the first thing breeder does is list health certs and genetic background. no serious upland hunter would respond to a random breeder post this would never happen

As a long time wired hared grif owner I know this as many back yard breeders have got into breeding selling puppies to make a buck to non hunting customers

No reputable griff breeder or hunting dog breeder would give away puppies random on the internet without a thorough background interview and just offer them over the internet, but as an upland hunting dog owner im sure you know this lol

How do you know so much about the breeder?
I assume anyone spending money would do their due diligence regarding lineage, health certs, ect...

Page 11 of 20 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 19 20

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

79 members (16penny, 405winash, 35, Amos63, Akhutr, 12 invisible), 1,587 guests, and 757 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,651
Posts18,512,647
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.