Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by FatCity67
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by CharlieFoxtrot
Gotta respect a country who’s citizens drop everything, bring arms to bear, and defend their land. Reminds me of another country, long ago.

Godspeed to you and your “boys” Remsen.

Are implying that Americans are not willing to take up arms and defend their land?

I guess a lot of that willingness depends on "whom" will you take up arms against.

Pretty sure we are letting the biggest enemy to our country and freedom/Constitution run the show unchallenged now.

Yes

Yes but no more mean tweets.
Fuggin white people, eh?

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
[Linked Image from external-content.duckduckgo.com]

Are those people firing rockets into American communities?

LOL

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Remsen
I've seen that optic repeatedly since the most recent Hamas attacks. I'd be curious to know who makes it.

Looks like a broke ass EoTech of sorts.

Do you guys face east and pray also? I thought that was just a Palestinian thing.

I am pretty sure that whatever that optic is, it's been beat to hell and back. This guy is in the Kfir brigade (combat and anti-terror generally), not a Sayaret unit (the analog to US special forces), and they don't get top end stuff.

As for praying, it depends where I am...if I'm in Montana, I face east (towards Jerusalem). If I were to be in Afghanistan, I'd face west (again, towards Jerusalem).

Copy that on the prayers. I forgot you guys love Jerusalem too.

Find out the make and model of that optic if you don't mind. It's the least you could do since I'm the only one that gave a fugk about your being OK.

Deacon, I prayed towards Florida when I was in Jerusalem a few weeks ago, in addition to my heretical appearance at the Church of the Holy Sepulcher last year

This is what he responded when I asked what the optic is called: אנחנו קוראים להם מ-חמישה, which translates to "we call them mem five". No idea who the maker is, but I suspect that they are the Mepro red dots as others have already stated since "mem five" would mean "M 5" to an English speaker, and that seems to be the name of the RDS Pro.

And Mr Jim, when I was on the farm (before the attack) I showed the guys there your lamb and sheep farmin videos as well as Mr. Sam's cattle videos. Everyone was amazed at the open spaces from Mr. Sam's videos (cattle ranching isn't as common there as lamb and goat ranching) and wanted to see more about the lamb/sheep herds. This is what the operation looks like in Israel. One of them goats took a liking to my shirt. Then we went to grab grilled lamb shawarma for lunch.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

That swarma looks good. I miss getting those and falafel in Jerusalem. I liked lots of tomato and cucumber and some curry sauce. I also miss the bread they used to sale on the streets that came with some kind of seasoning wrapped in a piece of newspaper. They called it zata or something like that.

Bb

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Find out the make and model of that optic if you don't mind. It's the least you could do since I'm the only one that gave a fugk about your being OK.

Why worry about optics? You know he can just call in a strike from the Jewish Space Lasers if he gets in a bind, right

A wise man is frequently humbled.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Before the Tavor didn't the Israelis have a rifle based off an improved AK design similar to the south African R5? I can't remember what it was called but I remember seeing guys with them when I lived there in 97.

In the old city the military girls often had Uzis back then. I was 24 and in love with those Uzi girls. I've got a pic of me stashed away somewhere with an IDF girl that looked like Natalie Portman.

I hope they get things straightened out over there because I love that part of the world. I think this time it's going to take some time.

Bb

IC B2

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by Burleyboy
Before the Tavor didn't the Israelis have a rifle based off an improved AK design similar to the south African R5? I can't remember what it was called but I remember seeing guys with them when I lived there in 97.

In the old city the military girls often had Uzis back then. I was 24 and in love with those Uzi girls. I've got a pic of me stashed away somewhere with an IDF girl that looked like Natalie Portman.

I hope they get things straightened out over there because I love that part of the world. I think this time it's going to take some time.

Bb

That would be my favorite rifle of all time...the Galil. Basically an AK that fires 5.56 rounds and uses M16 mags, with some nice features that the AK doesn't have. The bread you're thinking of is pita with olive oil and zatar. One of the great street food snacks of all the world. I go to Abu Lafia in Jaffa, on the edge of tel Aviv, for the best of the best.

Eliminate qualified immunity and you'll eliminate cops who act like they are above the law.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

Bb

That would be my favorite rifle of all time...the Galil. Basically an AK that fires 5.56 rounds and uses M16 mags, with some nice features that the AK doesn't have. The bread you're thinking of is pita with olive oil and zatar. One of the great street food snacks of all the world. I go to Abu Lafia in Jaffa, on the edge of tel Aviv, for the best of the best.

My (Catholic) Lebanese Armenian friends taught me how to make it. Called it "manesh" or "manaesh" or something similar. It sure is great stuff.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
When I hear Jew I’m thinking Barbara…..the bignose bitch! Been a liberal bitch all her life!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Good to hear you're back.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by JohnBurns

Good to hear you're back.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I understand there are some American volunteers doing the farming while the folks are in Gaza or getting ready for the Hezbollah invasion. They call them "cowboys" or something to that effect. Anyone else hear about this ?

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by kwg020
I understand there are some American volunteers doing the farming while the folks are in Gaza or getting ready for the Hezbollah invasion. They call them "cowboys" or something to that effect. Anyone else hear about this ?

kwg

Yeah.

Their weapon of choice is a Dennis the Menace slingshot fueled with hard candy from Oregon.

Sleep easy.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R

kwg

It's accurate to the extent there are some ranch guys from Montana and Texas over right now, but my understanding is that it's just a few and they aren't working so Israelis can fight. With all respect to American cattle ranchers, their expertise wouldn't really be useful in Israel, where the ranching/farming is on a much smaller scale and focused on livestock other than cattle.

Eliminate qualified immunity and you'll eliminate cops who act like they are above the law.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J

kwg

It's accurate to the extent there are some ranch guys from Montana and Texas over right now, but my understanding is that it's just a few and they aren't working so Israelis can fight. With all respect to American cattle ranchers, their expertise wouldn't really be useful in Israel, where the ranching/farming is on a much smaller scale and focused on livestock other than cattle.

+1
The kibbutz system would mystify us.

I am MAGA.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B

Bb

I liked the pita with oil a lot too but the bread I was thinking of looked more like a big round pretzel IIRC. I can't remember the shape exactly but I think it had sesame seeds on it and was kind of a pretzl color maybe a foot tall in an oblong oval maybe 2.5" in diameter. It was a laven bread light and airy in the middle. They pushed it around stacked on big carts.

I remember eating the best flat bread I've ever had at some place in Jordan near Jerash that made it in a big clay oven. They'd bring out a big bowl of hummus and put a depression in the center and fill it with good oil. They had various little side dishes of veggies and peppers and olives you ate with it. It was simple but so good I still remember it. Although I'm assuming you don't go to Jordan much.

I've tried to make falafel here but just can't seem to get it crisp onbthe outside with the right texture on the inside like the Jerusalem street vendors did. I don't remember what tge white sauce was but it was good too. Some places put a little lemon in it that I liked. I think it was a yogurt sauce or something. One cart had a good curry sauce that mixed really well with the white sauce.

A lot of the other students I was with always wanted to go to Ben yahoda street, which I'm sure I just spelled completely wrong, to eat McDonald's or other American joints. I'm glad I had tge wisdom at that age to eat at the local joints and try new stuff all the time.

I always tried to get them to avoid McDonald's and said that place will kill you. One day we were headed there and 3 suicide bombers set themselves off at about the same time right near the McDonald's. My friend turned to me and said you were right, that place will kill us.

Bb

Last edited by Burleyboy; 11/12/23.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Gotta respect a country who’s citizens drop everything, bring arms to bear, and defend their land. Reminds me of another country, long ago.

Are you implying that Americans are not willing to take up arms and defend their land?

Not the majority of Americans who frequent this site. But I have my doubts about others repelling foreign invaders. Yamamoto's trepidation is no longer valid.

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R

Bb

I liked the pita with oil a lot too but the bread I was thinking of looked more like a big round pretzel IIRC. I can't remember the shape exactly but I think it had sesame seeds on it and was kind of a pretzl color.

I remember eating the best flat bread I've ever had at some place in Jordan near Jerash that made it in a big brick oven. They'd bring out a big bowl of hummus and put a depression in the center and fill it with good oil. They had various little side dishes of veggies and peppers and olives you ate with it. It was simple but so good I still remember it. Although I'm assuming you don't go to Jordan much.

I've tried to make falafel here but just can't seem to get it crisp onbthe outside with the right texture on the inside like the Jerusalem street vendors did. I don't remember what tge white sauce was but it was good too. Some places put a little lemon in it that I liked. I think it was a yogurt sauce or something. One cart had a good curry sauce that mixed really well with the white sauce.

A lot of the other students I was with always wanted to go to Ben yahoda street, which I'm sure I just spelled completely wrong, to eat McDonald's or other American joints. I'm glad I had tge wisdom at that age to eat at the local joints and try new stuff all the time.

I always tried to get them to avoid McDonald's and said that place will kill you. One day we were headed there and 3 suicide bombers set themselves off at about the same time right near the McDonald's. My friend turned to me and said you were right, that place will kill us.

Bb

I think you're referring to Ka'ak. With some goat cheese, amazing stuff.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Are you implying that Americans are not willing to take up arms and defend their land?

Not the majority of Americans who frequent this site. But I have my doubts about others repelling foreign invaders. Yamamoto's trepidation is no longer valid.

There’s a lot of places in Appalachia that the cops won’t even go, much less some goat fugker or CCP slope.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

kwg

+1
The kibbutz system would mystify us.

Talk about a closed society...Kibbutzim are very insular and they do what they do the way they do it and don't want to hear otherwise. Plus, they are sort of a relic. You'd be hard pressed to find a kibbutz or moshav that is as big as a typical American cattle operation. They tend to focus on chickens/eggs and lambs, but even so, I have a feeling that the way they do things would confound American ranchers even for the small cattle ranches there...as I remember, most cattle are for dairy purposes, not meat.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jackmountain

There’s a lot of places in Appalachia that the cops won’t even go, much less some goat fugker or CCP slope.

He wasn't here the morning after a guy shot the BLM marchers.
Upwards of 200 guarding the house and business, literally guys in treestands doing
watch. BLM mentioned burning our courthouse on social media, i went there
that evening. Folks everywhere on all 4 streets, hundreds of people with guns of all kinds. Pick and axe handles....no pitchforks😁.

I'm a thinking Hillbilly Small Town got plenty of fight.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Page 11 of 12 1 2 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

556 members (1minute, 1936M71, 1beaver_shooter, 1badf350, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 48 invisible), 2,286 guests, and 1,219 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,035
Posts18,500,691
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.