Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by MileHighShooter
Originally Posted by MileHighShooter
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
https://www.gunsinternational.com/g...ester-70-30-06-sprg.cfm?gun_id=102531753

Not sure why they rate the bore at 80% but that’s a reasonable deal otherwise.

The internet guy there rates things in worse condition then they are, its easier that way vs dealing with customers a gun was shipped to who says "you said 90%, this is 75% at best, give me my money back".

BSA, this gun sold for asking about 20 minutes after the posting went live, at the asking price (they wouldn't have taken less).

Cabela's is running a sale on all used guns until 12/24. If you're a vet or 1st responder (current or retired) the 5% stacks on that discount. If you have the credit card (BP or Cab) this Monday 12/18, there is ANOTHER 10% off on that day only. That all comes off the listing price. So if anyone is looking for deals, get on it quick

A lot of Cabela's/Bass pros stores go down on their listed price. Since this sold so quick at the marked down price, of course they were not going down.

it's my store wink

So you are saying you don't go down on your prices??? Every gun library manager I've dealt with, has always gone down on their prices.

i wouldn't say never, just not that particular rifle that was linked. The pics didn't do it justice, that thing was CLEAN. If i was a collector and not a hunter, I would have snagged that myself. Personally I tend to pay prople more on a narrow margin vs marking something way up then offering "deals" to get to the same price I would price things. I'd rather those who sell to me, get more when they sell to us

GB1

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

I can’t imagine that lasted more than a few hours.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

I can’t imagine that lasted more than a few hours.

Boy, that rifle belongs in the woods sneaking up on bucks!

Semper Fi
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

Boy…. That’s a solid rifle for that money.

Semper Fi
IC B2

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Always a little reluctant to post in case a campfire member is bidding; but I don’t see any here. A shooter grade 308 to watch.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/1021809420

And where an uncut 308 ended; for comparison.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/1020203354

That rifle will probably end somewhere around $1,200.00. Even though the stock has been cut down considerably. We say it's a buyers market right now, but some things can surprise you. That put together rifle in the other thread is an example. Guys see what looks like a very nice early featherweight, and they get bid happy.

Hmm. I wonder who here has a crystal ball???

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Woodsman1991
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/1020027467

BSA, I'd welcome your feedback on these rifles. They're over my price of interest given their condition, but I would be curious what your valuation and thoughts on both would be. Thanks!

Did not catch a bid. Around again it goes.

Keep an eye on it. It will probably sell for what I stated. But like I said, it probably wouldn't sell that go around. Eventually it will. I've seen some rifles like it here locally in the $750 range. Been offered deals on some rifles in the $600 range, and I told them to list them on GB. Those rifles sold for close to a grand. One pre war for example. I watched that rifle not sell, locally, for over a year. It started out being priced too high, at $1,200.00 though..

Sold for $959.99+$50 shipping. $1,009.99. I was off a bit. Not much though.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/1020027467

BSA, I'd welcome your feedback on these rifles. They're over my price of interest given their condition, but I would be curious what your valuation and thoughts on both would be. Thanks!

The all original low comb 1955 30-06 fwt will probably bring around $1,050.00. Not much over his starting price. It may not sell this go around, but eventually someone will bid on it. We should put it on our watch list and see for sure. That is always fun to do and gives you an idea of where the current market is.

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Not a Winchester, but I ran into a rifle the other day. Some of you guys know I'm crazy, but some of these damn rifles call out to me!! Guys talking about some rifles that have "soul", well this rifle had it. My buddy down at the local gunshop said he tucked it away for me to look at. He wanted to know some info on it. I liked the looks of it, even at 10 feet away. I knew it was an older Remington 700 BDL. Had the fleur de lis checkering on it, and was in nice condition. So he hands it to me and says, what can you tell me about it. I said, I'm not a Remington 700 guy. Anyway, I look at it, and it's a 7mm Rem mag. I look at the serial #, and there are only 4 digits. I said, do you know when the 7mm rem mag came out? He says no. I said 1962, the same year they introduced the model 700. I said that is actually a really cool piece you have there. A first year gun. Anyway, I can buy that for $350, if I want it.

Another one I saw a couple months back at a small hole in the wall gunshop is a Stevens 30-30 bolt action. They only want $275.00 for it. I went to that shop the other day and they still have it. For an unusual rifle, that is a bargain. I don't run across those very often, and I know there are some guys that search those out.

Again, those are not Winchesters, but they are some pretty good deals that are unique, as well as more valuable than what I can currently buy them for. So, in my mind, a "good deal"...

BSA MAGA
W
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
W
One for a late Christmas gift, $699 for a stainless classic 300.

https://www.gunsinternational.com/g...quot-new-haven-conn.cfm?gun_id=102489804

B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
I was pretty happy with this one I purchased this week, but I get it that it's not everyone's cup of tea. Backstory, my two loves are pre64 70s and weatherby cartridges. So anytime I see an old winchester rechambered to weatherby, my interest is peaked. This one spoke to me because of the age and finishes. While I don't have proof of the provenance, I strongly suspect this was a gun rechambered by Weatherby before they made their own guns. Weatherby is obviously known for the high gloss bluing. This barrel with the engraving looks like an original weatherby barrel. And the receiver being reblued with the exact same luster as the barrel certainly seems like something that checks out as could have been done by Roy himself before he was making rifles.

I'll never know for sure, but for $1200, I'm not going to complain either way.

https://www.gunsinternational.com/g...-mag-conversion-28-.cfm?gun_id=102537289

IC B3

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

Not a classic, which is why it’s still there.

Still a good value if you want a braked 300.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B

Yep, that is just a stainless pushfeed. But didn't they only make them for a couple years?? 94-95 or something like that? Still, most guys are looking for classics over this type of rifle. Funny thing is there is a huge following for the XTR FWT's, and they are pushfeeds. But much more popular, hence the price tags we see on some of them.

Not all model 70's are in the same boat. The reason why it's frustrating when you see the WTS listings for a model 70, and it reads like this: "Winchester model 70 30-06 for sale"....

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by bobdahunter
I was pretty happy with this one I purchased this week, but I get it that it's not everyone's cup of tea. Backstory, my two loves are pre64 70s and weatherby cartridges. So anytime I see an old winchester rechambered to weatherby, my interest is peaked. This one spoke to me because of the age and finishes. While I don't have proof of the provenance, I strongly suspect this was a gun rechambered by Weatherby before they made their own guns. Weatherby is obviously known for the high gloss bluing. This barrel with the engraving looks like an original weatherby barrel. And the receiver being reblued with the exact same luster as the barrel certainly seems like something that checks out as could have been done by Roy himself before he was making rifles.

Interesting rifle. It's possible that Weatherby did the conversion somewhere around 1947-1949. That would make sense. I've seen some of his conversions, and he was not afraid to use any action to build on. One I saw was an original conversion that was chambered in 300wby, and built off of a m1917 receiver. One hell of a beautiful rifle. It had Weatherby inscribed on the barrel, like this rifle, but the stock was totally weatherbyesque. That is what surprises me about this pre 64, usually Roy would restock the rifles he built. Not leave them in the original stock. Just wasn't his style.

BSA MAGA
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

Yep, that is just a stainless pushfeed. But didn't they only make them for a couple years?? 94-95 or something like that? Still, most guys are looking for classics over this type of rifle. Funny thing is there is a huge following for the XTR FWT's, and they are pushfeeds. But much more popular, hence the price tags we see on some of them.

Not all model 70's are in the same boat. The reason why it's frustrating when you see the WTS listings for a model 70, and it reads like this: "Winchester model 70 30-06 for sale"....

Been a pile of the stainless push feeds on the normal sites recently; including a couple of featherweights (270 & ‘06).

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B

Been a pile of the stainless push feeds on the normal sites recently; including a couple of featherweights (270 & ‘06).

Last year we saw a lot of winlite models for sale for cheap, now it's the stainless pushfeeds huh? I almost bought a winlite last year, just to get a stock and do a swap. Saw some for $700 ish.

BSA MAGA
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Apparently!

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/1025383786

This was a good buy.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Apparently!

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/1025383786

This was a good buy.

Not a bad buy at all.

BSA MAGA
W
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
W
Daggum, learn something new every day. Didn't realize there had been stainless pushfeed modes built.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bobdahunter

Nicely done! I don’t know about Weatherby making the gun, but you couldn’t get that gun made for anywhere near that money. William Larkin and Moore is a reputable dealer and they have a lot of nice guns. That certainly appears to be a great gun at a bargain price…

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
I agree with Shrapnel who in my opinion has impeccable taste and knowledge.

Merry Christmas!

HS 58

I Learned a long time ago to Separate My Want's from My Needs!

A man's Gotta Do What a Man's Gotta Do!

Know Thy Self!

TRUMP DID WIN!!!
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

541 members (219 Wasp, 222Sako, 1eyedmule, 06hunter59, 1_deuce, 12344mag, 61 invisible), 2,544 guests, and 1,336 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,566
Posts18,473,245
Members73,940
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.