-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 13 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 12 13
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Wasn't there also an old book by a guy named Ken Waters?? Pet Loads??

I could be mistaken.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
GB1

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
Wasn't there also an old book by a guy named Ken Waters?? Pet Loads??

I could be mistaken.

I don't use HIS loads.... I like reading on his take on powders and a logical approach on how to use them. I could care less about his loads for HIS RIFLE he used to test HIS loads.

I tried a few loads years ago, then did not shoot well and after I glassed my M70 they didn't shoot well in that rifle either. It's a crap shoot.

I'll take back the ONE "generic" load I posted here. LOL

Last edited by anothergun; 11/15/23.
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by Fotis
Originally Posted by anothergun
I think the point is that the combo shoots well.......In HIS rifle.

Now you're trying to make it sound like it will for some one else LOL Sending some one to the range with their worked up loads is better and can more likely find a great load than to be disappointed with some one else's load, that most likely won't shoot well AND wasting components. Been there, done that !

There are some loads that are what I call the "standard loads".
They have worked in many may guns regardless of make/model. Some examples are:

7mm rem and 160 gr 66 gr RL 22
30-06 around 56 gr of H or IMR 4350 180 gr
270 Win 130 gr with 60 gr H4831 or rl 22
300 Win Mag 180 gr and 76 gr of H4831 or RL 22
30-06 150 gr around 53 gr IMR 4064

And I have a plethora of more "standard loads". Moreover, these are the loads I work up to with new rifles, and if they do not shoot well then I know I have a super finicky or sick rifle.

In fact if memory serves well John Barness (Mule Deer) had written an article about this many moons ago.

Aren't you primarily a Weatherby guy ?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Primarily a Weatherby guy? I like them a lot yes.
That said I have owned and have worked with pretty much every cartridge from 17 cal to 50 cal. I also teach basic and advance handloading classes. My records show that I have worked up loads for over 420 personal rifles and I do not know how many for others. If you ever get up to that level you will see how certain loads work in many different rifles.
What do you shoot?

https://thehandloadinglog.wordpress.com
μολὼν λαβέ

"Weatherby was too long so I nicknamed it "Bee""
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
That said I have owned and have worked with pretty much every cartridge from 17 cal to 50 cal. I also teach basic and advance handloading classes. My records show that I have worked up loads for over 420 personal rifles and I do not know how many for others. If you ever get up to that level you will see how certain loads work in many different rifles.
What do you shoot?

besides I don't shoot much

I prefer peace. But if trouble must come, let it come in my time, so that my children may live in peace. ~~ Thomas Paine
IC B2

J
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
J
Originally Posted by Feral_American
What do you shoot?

Other than his keyboard.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
What do you shoot?

Out of the standard loads you posted, are they shot out of your Weatherbys ?

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by JacquesShellac
Originally Posted by Feral_American
What do you shoot?

Other than his keyboard.

keep posting, you'll get there.......

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What do you shoot?

Out of the standard loads you posted, are they shot out of your Weatherbys ?

Did you see me list loads for Weatherbies? That said I do have some loads that work well in a few weatherbies.

I do not understand what you are trying to prove.

https://thehandloadinglog.wordpress.com
μολὼν λαβέ

"Weatherby was too long so I nicknamed it "Bee""
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
what I'm trying to prove is, a guy like you, even though you tote around this Plethora of knowledge, doesn't mean squat to me or anyone else who spouts it out. And even though you teach a "advanced" hand loading class, it appears you are missing more pertinent loading details out from your "standard" loads ? LOL

Nothing personal man... LOL It's just comical that guys like you come on these sites and appear and convince some people that they should listen to you with your magical loads or this wonderful insight. Do you understand now what I'm trying to prove ? Give us a free "advanced" loading class, I'm sure it will be interesting !

That said, Shooting any Antelope with your 416 Rigby lately ? Pretty impressive the hole you left and what your teaching, what ? your grandson in the picture.

What do I shoot.... 300 "Bee" Weatherby Vanguard, 270 WCF Remington 721, .30-06 Winchester M70 those are my bolt guns, friend.

Give my best to you buddies on Nosler Forum, they would fit in here in your class.

Yours Truly,
Slickrem

IC B3

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
what I'm trying to prove is, a guy like you, even though you tote around this Plethora of knowledge, doesn't mean squat to me or anyone else who spouts it out. And even though you teach a "advanced" hand loading class, it appears you are missing more pertinent loading details out from your "standard" loads ? LOL

Nothing personal man... LOL It's just comical that guys like you come on these sites and appear and convince some people that they should listen to you with your magical loads or this wonderful insight. Do you understand now what I'm trying to prove ? Give us a free "advanced" loading class, I'm sure it will be interesting !

That said, Shooting any Antelope with your 416 Rigby lately ? Pretty impressive the hole you left and what your teaching, what ? your grandson in the picture.

What do I shoot.... 300 "Bee" Weatherby Vanguard, 270 WCF Remington 721, .30-06 Winchester M70 those are my bolt guns, friend.

Give my best to you buddies on Nosler Forum, they would fit in here in your class.

Yours Truly,
Slickrem

Last edited by mathman; 11/15/23.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by mathman

Yours Truly,
Slickrem

Noted

I prefer peace. But if trouble must come, let it come in my time, so that my children may live in peace. ~~ Thomas Paine
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
I for one, appreciate reading about loads that do well. I realize it’s in someone else’s gun but to me it’s a starting point.

Pharm got me using BG powder. Glad he did, cause it works and I like it. Got a big jug.

To me the reason for the Fire is to share info and learn.

Unfortunately things occasionally get a tad off track. It’s not too unlike eating chicken wings, you eat the meat, spit out the bones…

It’s worth wading thru BS to find the pearls. Can get sorta messy sometimes.

But we’re still here, at least most of us.

DF

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
I for one, appreciate reading about loads that do well. I realize it’s in someone else’s gun but to me it’s a starting point.

Pharm got me using BG powder. Glad he did, cause it works and I like it. Got a big jug.

Unfortunately things occasionally get a tad off track. It’s not too unlike eating chicken wings, you eat the meat, spit out the bones…

DF

Especially when an obtuse, inarticulate person who doesn't know what he doesn't know begins to fulminate.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I for one, appreciate reading about loads that do well. I realize it’s in someone else’s gun but to me it’s a starting point???.

DF

How a bout a load manual ? Is that a good starting too ?? LMAO. Like I said he's missing more pertinent info that what he listed lacks, Mr. Advanced loading instructor he is.

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F

DF

Agreed. Seems many are here to stroke their massive egos.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by Futura

DF
y

Agreed. Seems many are here to stroke their massive egos.

Ya think ? LOL I only found a couple of Pearls, ones who know how to communicate respectfully and tactfully and don't spout off at the starting gate, with an pompas attitude and I don't converse with them on an open forum. For the most part the rest can take a walk.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I think most of us come on here to learn what others have done, find out what may or may not work and enjoy conversation on subjects we like. You know, guns, shooting reloading and all the related gack that goes with it.

If Anothergun does not enjoy this pastime, why does he even bother to come here a gripe about it. Seems to me he'd have better things to do with his time other than come here and complain.
PJ

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by PJGunner
I think most of us come on here to learn what others have done, find out what may or may not work and enjoy conversation on subjects we like. You know, guns, shooting reloading and all the related gack that goes with it.

If Anothergun does not enjoy this pastime, why does he even bother to come here a gripe about it. Seems to me he'd have better things to do with his time other than come here and complain.
PJ

I do, what I don't enjoy is the HS a few dish out, attitude, narcissism, especially narcissism !

There's some nice people then there isn't, hope that helps.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

DF

Spitting out the bones.. Well said DF.

Sometimes load manuals don't have the combination certain folks are trying to use. The powder is either new, hasn't been tested with that exact bullet or whatever. Getting a shortcut here and there never hurts if you're a smart reloader.

And then there are the folks that should just buy a box or two of good factory ammo, cause simple things are very daunting to them.

Semper Fi
Page 7 of 13 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

581 members (10Glocks, 22250rem, 160user, 1936M71, 1beaver_shooter, 1Longbow, 68 invisible), 2,486 guests, and 1,298 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,477
Posts18,489,976
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.