-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Most hunters get shot from unsafe firearm handling....

Orange wouldn't have prevented

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Have to wear it here in Michigan.

When Im on my property I just wear a hat

When on public, I wear a hat and a vest or a coat. Lotsa retards out there

DON’T BE TOO PROUD OF THIS TECHNOLOGICAL TERROR YOU’VE CONSTRUCTED. THE ABILITY TO DESTROY A PLANET IS INSIGNIFICANT NEXT TO THE POWER OF THE FORCE.

- Darth Vader
J
JDK Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
As Mike S said, we are required to wear orange here in Maine. One article during moose season and two during deer.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
What people don't realize is that orange has a very distinct odor to which deer are particularly sensitive. A single orange cap placed near a heavily traveled deer trail will result in a new trail, beginning 1/2 mile from the cap and by-passing it, always at a minimum of 1/2 mile away.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by shaman
Kentucky requires a minimum of a vest and hat of solid orange. When I first started hunting the Commonwealth I chafed at the idea, but I became a believer.

My epiphany came the first year I hunted our new farm in SW Bracken County, KY. I have to admit to being a hunter orange slacker. I would wear an orange poncho out to the stand and then drape it over the shooting rail. This was not exactly to code, and I could have been cited for it. What I found was that the deer literally looked right past me. Here was a patch of orange the size of half a bed sheet, and they treated it as if it was not there. After that, I started sticking to the rules and I've worn hunter orange faithfully ever since.

What I can tell you is that we can see a vest and hat moving at over a mile. On rare occasions, I can pick out some one far off in the woods that I would have never seen otherwise.

Does it make for a safer hunt? Honestly, we see so few other hunters it probably does not change things dramatically. However, were someone to slip into view, we'd know for sure. In that way, we can be instantly sure. In past years, our end of the county has sounded like WWIII on the Rifle Opener. The deer outnumber the humans by a wide margin. Generally speaking, everyone wears at least some orange for the few weeks that firearm seasons are in effect. It probably has saved a few lives over the years.

Sorry Shaman, couldn't help myself. laugh

[Linked Image]

He went over yonder way
IC B2

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
We have to wear 400” but I don’t mind one bit. I want a mf’r to see me before he shoots that 300 winmag across 2 canyons.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

3-7-77
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Many of the people you know voted for Biden once....and think he is doing a good enough job to vote for him again.

It's those smooth brain m'fers that you should wear orange for.
Exactly. Too many dumb fuggers out there to take a chance. If I was strictly private land hunting, it would be different. Here on public land, Ill gladly wear a vest and hat

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
In Hunter Ed, I always made the point to never shoot at a Russell in the bushes. It helps if Russell is wearing orange. It's even better if you are wearing orange and Russell hears you.

I have had uncountable bullets whiz past me in dead earnest. Got so it was no big deal. The tragic irony would be if I caught the Golden BB while out hunting. So when I hunted, I wore orange. Lots of it.

(I identify with that 6" of Carhartt and 2" of pecker meme.)

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by gunchamp
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Many of the people you know voted for Biden once....and think he is doing a good enough job to vote for him again.

It's those smooth brain m'fers that you should wear orange for.
Exactly. Too many dumb fuggers out there to take a chance. If I was strictly private land hunting, it would be different. Here on public land, Ill gladly wear a vest and hat

Peeple iz dum

I am MAGA.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
In Hunter Ed, I always made the point to never shoot at a Russell in the bushes. It helps if Russell is wearing orange. It's even better if you are wearing orange and Russell hears you.

I have had uncountable bullets whiz past me in dead earnest. Got so it was no big deal. The tragic irony would be if I caught the Golden BB while out hunting. So when I hunted, I wore orange. Lots of it.

(I identify with that 6" of Carhartt and 2" of pecker meme.)

I bet that that dead Earnest guy wasn't wearing orange.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I've dealt with too many nitwits even while wearing orange to ever think about going into the hunting woods without it. Having had a classmate many moons ago have to run a mile or so out of the woods to tell someone his dad had just been shot (and killed) by one will help convince you.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Is is okay to whisper "send it" in your buddies ear while wearing orange?

Do you still look cool shaking and pointing up at God if not fully clad in green camo?

Can deer see Pall Mall smoke better on an orange background?

I am MAGA.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Dont be blasoheemin pall mall smoke

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I hate orange but it is required here. I typically wear something orange or bright colored even out of season. I figure it will make locating my body easier.

I am always looking for factory wood stocks!
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
In SD it's required for deer but not pheasants. I've guided way too many casual bird hunters that I require it when I'm guiding them. The things I've seen them do boggles the mind at times. All common sense goes out the window when the action picks up.

MAC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I wear it where required by law but ditch it as soon as I can. Not so much because I think it makes much difference but because I don't want someone learning the spots I hunt. Orange makes you very visible even a few miles away and I don't want someone seeing me in the distance and then thinking about trying a spot because they "saw" someone hunting there. I have some very productive spots that are very small because everyone passes them by and I want to keep it that way.

You get out of life what you are willing to accept. If you ain't happy, do something about it!
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
We must wear orange front and back and a hat or cap. But when you are hunting in a ground blind, no one can see your orange. Only when going too and from your ground blind. I wear mine because of all the idiots out there that shoot first and identify later.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I wear a Cabelas blaze Orange camo fleece vest over my warm clothes. Required in Ohio. I have a Blaze ball cap that I wear while walking in and out of the woods. To me, no deer is worth getting shot by some yahoo who sneaked onto the private property I hunt. JMHO

Ron

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
Orwell
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
I cannot understand people believing blaze orange is somehow going to effect their hunting success. I’m a bow hunter I hunt with a real bow not a crossbow like a trans faq and I don’t even wear camouflage. I regularly kill deer at 10 yards and less. Why some man boobed , mouth breather with a rifle that plans to take pot shots at deer at 300 yards is concerned with blaze orange is beyond me. But then again these are probably the same morons buying camo socks to sit in a plywood treehouse to shoot at fawns?

Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

78 members (6mmbrfan, 16penny, 10gaugemag, 338reddog, 16 invisible), 1,582 guests, and 772 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,759
Posts18,514,962
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.