Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Idaho does not require adults to wear orange. They ‘recommend’ it but not require it, as it should be. I’ve seen fewer and fewer orange clad hunters every year and so far this year I haven’t seen a single orange vest in the field, just some orange hats. So far I haven't heard of a single accidental shooting. Luck? Maybe, maybe not.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
GB1

673 Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I never wear orange, not around here anyways.
I do keep an orange toque in my pack just in case I get nervous and see sign of others in the area. I did have a bullet whizz over my head once, but the shooter didn't know I was nearby lol.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I don't wear any orange these days, but then I only hunt on private property

Sam......

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
That's probably OK out there where it's less populated, but it's the law here. Back East however, especially on public land, you have 8 kazillion city dwellers hitting the woods and shooting everything that moves. You'd be suicidal to go on public land without it. Hell, they shoot each other even with blaze orange on.

I'm glad I hunt on private land, but I still wear it. The deer can't see it anyway, so no harm no foul.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It's not required here in California, but when hunting popular public ground I'll wear it.
It's never fun hearing bullets whizzing over your head.

Proud NRA Life Member
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
We have areas with lots of hikers and bikers. They're the ones who need it.

― George Orwell

R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
I always wear orange. It's the law here and a good idea. I typically hunt on the ground out of a folding lawn chair. I've had many deer including trophy bucks, within 50 yards or less that never saw be. The key is to have enough in front of you to break up any pattern.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
What is this 'orange' you speak of?

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
M
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
M
I try to wear the minimum. Some states like Maine also require a hat. In Connecticut I just wear the vest.

Have had deer walk right up to me wearing orange. It doesn’t seem to matter here in the eastern woods I hunt.

E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Wardens will haunt you here for no orange

IC B3

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I don't trust some of the people around here enough not to wear orange anywhere there are hunters I don't personally know. Anyway, it's the law as well.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Many of the people you know voted for Biden once....and think he is doing a good enough job to vote for him again.

It's those smooth brain m'fers that you should wear orange for.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I hate having to wear orange.

Michigan requires one piece of clothing that is at least 50% orange. An orange hat or gloves counts as the one piece of clothing. I usually wear either an orange hat or orange/camo vest over my regular camo.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I never wear it. I’m supposed to but I always hunt on my own property, so I don’t. And quite frankly, if the game warden ever makes her way through the gates, I want her to have to work a little before she finds me.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Yes I wear orange.

1) When working, clearing brush, logging, on the back 40 (not hunting) on private land cuz IMO there are dumbasses everywhere anytime. This will be a baseball cap or even an orange vest, or a blaze orange logging helmet. Even when I'm working near the bright red wheeler, and having a loud-azz chainsaw in my hands.
2) During hunting season, blaze orange in Vermont is optional although the DNR recommends it. I have gone from the full size vest to the half size orange cape which covers the shoulders and goes down to about chest level. An example: https://stagrgear.com/products/blaze-cape. I wear the old school woolens (red and black plaid, green and black plaid and straight dark green, depending). A couple evenings ago I watched a family of 4 deer (spike buck - non-shooter - bringing up the rear) walking and munching at a distance of perhaps 100 yards, and even though they looked directly at me a number of times, just sorta ignored me despite the smattering of orange.

Hope this helps.

Carry what you’re willing to fight with - Mackay Sagebrush

Perfect is the enemy of good enough
K
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
K
To take it a step further, in Minnesota, one has to have blaze orange on their pop-up blind if it is on public land. It has to cover the top, or have a 12" square on each of the four sides.

A gun in hand is worth two cops on the phone.
MOLON LABE
LET'S GO BRANDON!!
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
It's required here and in every other state where I've hunted. I'm not convinced it helps, but I've seen enough to be confident it doesn't hurt either.

If you look at the numbers hunters shooting other hunters was much more common 30-40 years ago. And the places where orange was required didn't seem to be much different than areas where it isn't required. Mistaken for game incidents where hunters shoot other hunters are almost unheard of today. At least part of that is hunter safety courses, but I think it has more to do with hunting techniques. People don't hunt the same way their grandparents did.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
It's required here in Missouri and has been as long as I've been deer hunting, 49 years. The one close call I did have while wearing it the dude admitted seeing me. He said I wasn't in direct line with the deer. He got kicked off the property that morning.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by JMR40
It's required here and in every other state where I've hunted. I'm not convinced it helps, but I've seen enough to be confident it doesn't hurt either.

If you look at the numbers hunters shooting other hunters was much more common 30-40 years ago. And the places where orange was required didn't seem to be much different than areas where it isn't required. Mistaken for game incidents where hunters shoot other hunters are almost unheard of today. At least part of that is hunter safety courses, but I think it has more to do with hunting techniques. People don't hunt the same way their grandparents did.

Orange is less relevant where most people hunt on leased land in blinds or stands and don’t move around. Now, 40 some odd years ago around here when almost everyone used dogs, hunted on the ground, bucked brush following dogs or getting to dogs, and people hunted pretty much wherever they wanted, private property or not it was a much bigger deal and much more needed.

The only times locally I can think of people getting shot with something other than up close personal unsafe gun handling, was a kid who shot another kid on a sound shot. The victim was wearing orange but in a thicket. There have been a few instances where people were pretty much randomly struck at a distance. Orange didn’t or wouldn’t help much there either.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Kentucky requires a minimum of a vest and hat of solid orange. When I first started hunting the Commonwealth I chafed at the idea, but I became a believer.

My epiphany came the first year I hunted our new farm in SW Bracken County, KY. I have to admit to being a hunter orange slacker. I would wear an orange poncho out to the stand and then drape it over the shooting rail. This was not exactly to code, and I could have been cited for it. What I found was that the deer literally looked right past me. Here was a patch of orange the size of half a bed sheet, and they treated it as if it was not there. After that, I started sticking to the rules and I've worn hunter orange faithfully ever since.

What I can tell you is that we can see a vest and hat moving at over a mile. On rare occasions, I can pick out some one far off in the woods that I would have never seen otherwise.

Does it make for a safer hunt? Honestly, we see so few other hunters it probably does not change things dramatically. However, were someone to slip into view, we'd know for sure. In that way, we can be instantly sure. In past years, our end of the county has sounded like WWIII on the Rifle Opener. The deer outnumber the humans by a wide margin. Generally speaking, everyone wears at least some orange for the few weeks that firearm seasons are in effect. It probably has saved a few lives over the years.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Most hunters get shot from unsafe firearm handling....

Orange wouldn't have prevented

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Have to wear it here in Michigan.

When Im on my property I just wear a hat

When on public, I wear a hat and a vest or a coat. Lotsa retards out there

DON’T BE TOO PROUD OF THIS TECHNOLOGICAL TERROR YOU’VE CONSTRUCTED. THE ABILITY TO DESTROY A PLANET IS INSIGNIFICANT NEXT TO THE POWER OF THE FORCE.

- Darth Vader
J
JDK Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
As Mike S said, we are required to wear orange here in Maine. One article during moose season and two during deer.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
What people don't realize is that orange has a very distinct odor to which deer are particularly sensitive. A single orange cap placed near a heavily traveled deer trail will result in a new trail, beginning 1/2 mile from the cap and by-passing it, always at a minimum of 1/2 mile away.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by shaman
Kentucky requires a minimum of a vest and hat of solid orange. When I first started hunting the Commonwealth I chafed at the idea, but I became a believer.

My epiphany came the first year I hunted our new farm in SW Bracken County, KY. I have to admit to being a hunter orange slacker. I would wear an orange poncho out to the stand and then drape it over the shooting rail. This was not exactly to code, and I could have been cited for it. What I found was that the deer literally looked right past me. Here was a patch of orange the size of half a bed sheet, and they treated it as if it was not there. After that, I started sticking to the rules and I've worn hunter orange faithfully ever since.

What I can tell you is that we can see a vest and hat moving at over a mile. On rare occasions, I can pick out some one far off in the woods that I would have never seen otherwise.

Does it make for a safer hunt? Honestly, we see so few other hunters it probably does not change things dramatically. However, were someone to slip into view, we'd know for sure. In that way, we can be instantly sure. In past years, our end of the county has sounded like WWIII on the Rifle Opener. The deer outnumber the humans by a wide margin. Generally speaking, everyone wears at least some orange for the few weeks that firearm seasons are in effect. It probably has saved a few lives over the years.

Sorry Shaman, couldn't help myself. laugh

[Linked Image]

He went over yonder way
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
We have to wear 400” but I don’t mind one bit. I want a mf’r to see me before he shoots that 300 winmag across 2 canyons.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

3-7-77
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Many of the people you know voted for Biden once....and think he is doing a good enough job to vote for him again.

Exactly. Too many dumb fuggers out there to take a chance. If I was strictly private land hunting, it would be different. Here on public land, Ill gladly wear a vest and hat

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
In Hunter Ed, I always made the point to never shoot at a Russell in the bushes. It helps if Russell is wearing orange. It's even better if you are wearing orange and Russell hears you.

I have had uncountable bullets whiz past me in dead earnest. Got so it was no big deal. The tragic irony would be if I caught the Golden BB while out hunting. So when I hunted, I wore orange. Lots of it.

(I identify with that 6" of Carhartt and 2" of pecker meme.)

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by gunchamp

Exactly. Too many dumb fuggers out there to take a chance. If I was strictly private land hunting, it would be different. Here on public land, Ill gladly wear a vest and hat

Peeple iz dum

I am MAGA.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
In Hunter Ed, I always made the point to never shoot at a Russell in the bushes. It helps if Russell is wearing orange. It's even better if you are wearing orange and Russell hears you.

I have had uncountable bullets whiz past me in dead earnest. Got so it was no big deal. The tragic irony would be if I caught the Golden BB while out hunting. So when I hunted, I wore orange. Lots of it.

(I identify with that 6" of Carhartt and 2" of pecker meme.)

I bet that that dead Earnest guy wasn't wearing orange.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
I've dealt with too many nitwits even while wearing orange to ever think about going into the hunting woods without it. Having had a classmate many moons ago have to run a mile or so out of the woods to tell someone his dad had just been shot (and killed) by one will help convince you.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Is is okay to whisper "send it" in your buddies ear while wearing orange?

Do you still look cool shaking and pointing up at God if not fully clad in green camo?

Can deer see Pall Mall smoke better on an orange background?

I am MAGA.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Dont be blasoheemin pall mall smoke

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I hate orange but it is required here. I typically wear something orange or bright colored even out of season. I figure it will make locating my body easier.

I am always looking for factory wood stocks!
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
In SD it's required for deer but not pheasants. I've guided way too many casual bird hunters that I require it when I'm guiding them. The things I've seen them do boggles the mind at times. All common sense goes out the window when the action picks up.

MAC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I wear it where required by law but ditch it as soon as I can. Not so much because I think it makes much difference but because I don't want someone learning the spots I hunt. Orange makes you very visible even a few miles away and I don't want someone seeing me in the distance and then thinking about trying a spot because they "saw" someone hunting there. I have some very productive spots that are very small because everyone passes them by and I want to keep it that way.

You get out of life what you are willing to accept. If you ain't happy, do something about it!
S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
We must wear orange front and back and a hat or cap. But when you are hunting in a ground blind, no one can see your orange. Only when going too and from your ground blind. I wear mine because of all the idiots out there that shoot first and identify later.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
I wear a Cabelas blaze Orange camo fleece vest over my warm clothes. Required in Ohio. I have a Blaze ball cap that I wear while walking in and out of the woods. To me, no deer is worth getting shot by some yahoo who sneaked onto the private property I hunt. JMHO

Ron

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
Orwell
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
I cannot understand people believing blaze orange is somehow going to effect their hunting success. I’m a bow hunter I hunt with a real bow not a crossbow like a trans faq and I don’t even wear camouflage. I regularly kill deer at 10 yards and less. Why some man boobed , mouth breather with a rifle that plans to take pot shots at deer at 300 yards is concerned with blaze orange is beyond me. But then again these are probably the same morons buying camo socks to sit in a plywood treehouse to shoot at fawns?

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Orange hat and blaze camo vest.

It's good to lead - it's better to lead by example.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Bay1975
I cannot understand people believing blaze orange is somehow going to effect their hunting success. I’m a bow hunter I hunt with a real bow not a crossbow like a trans faq and I don’t even wear camouflage. I regularly kill deer at 10 yards and less. Why some man boobed , mouth breather with a rifle that plans to take pot shots at deer at 300 yards is concerned with blaze orange is beyond me. But then again these are probably the same morons buying camo socks to sit in a plywood treehouse to shoot at fawns?

Don't hold back. Tell us how you REALLY feel.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by 5sdad
What people don't realize is that orange has a very distinct odor to which deer are particularly sensitive. A single orange cap placed near a heavily traveled deer trail will result in a new trail, beginning 1/2 mile from the cap and by-passing it, always at a minimum of 1/2 mile away.

Never mind the scent attached to the hat!

Medics bury their mistakes..
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
We're required to wear it for firearm season in CT. SC they don't require it and i usually dont wear it. If i do, it's a hat. I'm in a box blind 90% of the time, so that's all that's visible anyway.

Brandon Gleason
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
It’s not about effecting hunting it’s about the government telling me that I have to or how much of it I have to. I dislike seatbelt laws for the same reason. It’s not the government’s business.

I wear the minimum orange required and sometimes more. I rarely wear a seatbelt around town.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
But then again these are probably the same morons buying camo socks to sit in a plywood treehouse to shoot at fawns?

Awkward grin

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Maine requires orange.
Years ago I was hunting a relatively remote area during bear season. Hunters do get there by boat, but I had hiked the 3-4 miles in. There I spotted a large dark moving blob at the base of a blow down. As I approached , It appeared to be a bear. But it didn't seem right. As I got closer and the blog didn't run off? It was a man in a camo poncho. We spoke for a few minutes, the guide who dropped him off had told him that he was alone for many miles.
I am a cautious hunter, but why tempt fate and not wear orange?

They will vote our way into socialism, We will have to shoot our way out.

Every major horror in the world was perpetrated in the name of altruism.

Just how big is Aroostook County you ask?
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by JoeBob
Originally Posted by JMR40

Orange is less relevant where most people hunt on leased land in blinds or stands and don’t move around. Now, 40 some odd years ago around here when almost everyone used dogs, hunted on the ground, bucked brush following dogs or getting to dogs, and people hunted pretty much wherever they wanted, private property or not it was a much bigger deal and much more needed.

The only times locally I can think of people getting shot with something other than up close personal unsafe gun handling, was a kid who shot another kid on a sound shot. The victim was wearing orange but in a thicket. There have been a few instances where people were pretty much randomly struck at a distance. Orange didn’t or wouldn’t help much there either.
A "sound shot". Probably the dumbest thing ever!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

I'm throwing out the bullshit flag. Are you claiming that deer smell COLORS? How do they reaction to purple or pink?

H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
Ever wonder how the deer know when they've moved 1/2 mile?🤔🤔

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Dinny
But then again these are probably the same morons buying camo socks to sit in a plywood treehouse to shoot at fawns?

Awkward grin

By golly, what swine would hunt from something like that???

I got on my camo socks on under my khaki church pants, Winchester brand apparel and accessories for the fashion conscientious woodsman😃 🤙

H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
We have to wear it 400" vest and hat. They do allow Blaze horizon and That is what I wear. I feel like it is less visible to animals than solid blaze. I heard it costs 500 if you hunt without it. And I would prefer some overly excited hunter with buck fever see me and not shoot in my direction.

673 Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Sounds like some guys be needing an orange bullet proof vest LOL

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Can one get an orange colored tinfoil hat?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Heeler
[

[Linked Image]

I'm proud that I became an Internet meme.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 160user

I'm throwing out the bullshit flag. Are you claiming that deer smell COLORS? How do they reaction to purple or pink?

Yeah, I'm doubtful of the claim as well. If that were true, there'd be no deer in Kentucky.

Hunting with the required vest and hat for over 20 years, I can tell you that deer are about as nonchalant about seeing hunter orange as can be. It comes off to them as a pale orangy yellow, about the same as freshly turned maple leaves.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
My orange hunting vest has pockets on it..

To carry my lil’ Debbie Christmas tree cakes…

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
As romantic as that sounds, when was the last time you heard af a non-hunter being shot by a hunter (that wasn’t related)?

Don’t get me wrong. I’m not disagreeing with you. It just doesn’t happen as often as we might expect it to I don’t think.

They say everything happens for a reason.
For me that reason is usually because I've made some bad decisions that I need to pay for.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by bbassi
As romantic as that sounds, when was the last time you heard af a non-hunter being shot by a hunter (that wasn’t related)?

Don’t get me wrong. I’m not disagreeing with you. It just doesn’t happen as often as we might expect it to I don’t think.
How many hunters get shot in the woods?

A few usually die of heart attacks. A kid hunting a cornfield while wearing earbuds got ran over by a combine a few years back. The odds of winning the lottery are probably about the same as getting shot by someone mistaking you for a deer.

By all means wear it if you want to but we don’t need more government mandates.

L
las Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
L
5Dad - You can get the same effect as that orange cap smell by hanging a dirty cameo sock there. smile

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Idaho does not require adults to wear orange. They ‘recommend’ it but not require it, as it should be. I’ve seen fewer and fewer orange clad hunters every year and so far this year I haven’t seen a single orange vest in the field, just some orange hats. So far I haven't heard of a single accidental shooting. Luck? Maybe, maybe not.

It's just more loss of freedom.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
V
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
V
Don't underestimate how stupid the average hunter can be. The LCRA used to have public land on Lake Travis that allowed deer and turkey hunts. One year a deer hunter climbed up in a tree and a turkey hunter shot him dead because he thought he was a turkey.

When I hunted deer/elk in Colorado we used to get up early and climb as high as we could before daylight so we'd be above the all hunters in the sagebrush flats below us. It was amazing how many orange vests we could see below pushing the deer uphill towards us.

Last edited by victoro; 11/22/23.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
144 sq inches here in Alabama is required.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by Ringman

When you make up those stories about driving...are you wearing a seat belt?

I am MAGA.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
When the Big Orange Hat I wear at work makes its appearance, it marks the true start of winter here in the NEW.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
We had a hunter shot near here a few years ago on a shotgun only hunt at close range. The shooter said he thought it was a deer and I think the range was like 50 yards.

I'm always concerned when I see a hunter without binos. They're the guys that check everything out through their scope or don't know for sure what they are shooting at.

Bb

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
when was the last time you heard af a non-hunter being shot by a hunter (that wasn’t related)?

It's been a few years, but a girl hiking the AT here in GA was shot by a hunter. She got walked into the woods right at sunup to relieve herself. A hunter shot at sound.

https://jesseshunting.com/threads/teen-hiking-appalachian-trail-accidentally-shot-by.20322/

As I said earlier, when orange was 1st mandated I think it helped. But today I'm not so sure, and it may make things worse where required.

I read a study a few years ago comparing states where it is required to those where it is not. The numbers of hunters shooting other hunters was almost non-existent in all of them. It just doesn't happen much anymore. But there was no difference statistically between the states.

The thing that concerns me where it is required is that some hunters believe that if they don't see orange then it can't be another hunter. Depending on the terrain and vegetation you can have on orange and still not be seen. I think that hunters in areas where it is not required are more likely to be certain before pulling the trigger.

But at the same time I don't see it as a handicap at all.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I love orange. I wear it required or not. I wore it for years in SD bird hunting when no one else was. It's a hunting uniform and people love a man in uniform.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Ringman

When you make up those stories about driving...are you wearing a seat belt?

When I was 18 I bought a car. I went to the auto parts store and bought a seat belt and tied it to the springs under the seat. I used it to keep me in front of the steering wheel. That was years before any seat belt law.

I also wore a motorcycle helmet before law required it.

Nevertheless I hate the laws taking away freedom from those who don't want them.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Most states I've hunted in require some. I'll wear a vest or a hat or both. Never really given it a second thought. Just glad to be somewhere hunting.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have a short sleeve orange t-shirt, covered with a long sleeved orange t-shirt, covered by a orange fleece. If it's super cold, I have a orange parka, orange neck gaitor and orange coveralls. I bring several different types of orange hats and gloves so I'm good with whatever the weather throws at me. I have been within 5 yards of elk covered completly in orange multiple times. Lot's of hunters in Colorado and I don't want to get shot!

A 380 in my pocket is better than a 45 in my truck!

Violence may not be the best option... but it's still an option.

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet." General James Mad Dog Mattis
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
And when I'm carrying out an elk head, I have an orange vest for him too! LOL!

A 380 in my pocket is better than a 45 in my truck!

Violence may not be the best option... but it's still an option.

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet." General James Mad Dog Mattis
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Game wardens will accept UT Vol Nation sports and fan sweats and ts, caps toques 😃too.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If I'm road hunting from my Ram truck do I need to wear my orange inside the truck......

S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
Yes road hunters must paint their trucks Blaze Orange to be legal.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
This is PA. If I didn't wear orange I'd be dead

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

You sound nice

E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
I think it’s a good idea

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Heeler
[

[Linked Image]

I'm proud that I became an Internet meme.

Everytime I see it on Facebook I laugh

M
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
M
It was not required in Alaska when we lived there but I have a nice upland vest that is orange so I wore it when bird hunting. More for the utility of the vest than the color. Plus when we traveled to Washington and I was bird hunting I had a vest to wear that complied with their regs.

I'll probably continue to wear it while bird hunting Idaho for the same reason

Chronographs, bore scopes and pattern boards have broke a lot of hearts.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 19352012
I love orange. I wear it required or not. I wore it for years in SD bird hunting when no one else was. It's a hunting uniform and people love a man in uniform.

I always liked it too

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I work way more than I hunt and wear orange for work way more than hunting.

Orange hat.

Dude at the grocery store wears the safety vest for cart wranglin'.

H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
You never know what kind of people are hunting on public or driving by road hunting. I have encountered people that got overly excited and said they shot at rustling leaves. Called taking a sound shot. It is a thing. You never know what kind of nut is in the woods or driving around road hunting.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I where it wear required.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Louisiana regs.... (copy and paste is easier than typing it)

Generally, when you’re hunting deer during the open firearms deer hunting season, you’re required to wear a total of at least 400 square inches of hunter orange or blaze pink on your head, chest and/or back.
If you’re hunting on privately-owned land, you may wear a hunter orange or blaze pink cap or hat in lieu of the 400 square inches.
If you’re hunting deer from elevated stands on privately-owned land, you are not required to wear hunter orange or blaze pink. However, if you’re hunting on privately-owned land where hunting with firearms is allowed, you must wear the 400 square inches of hunter orange or blaze pink OR a hunter orange or blaze pink cap or hat while walking to and from elevated stands.
If you’re an archery deer hunter hunting on lands where firearm hunting is not allowed, you are not required to wear hunter orange or blaze pink.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by bbassi

New York was the state that started it. When they first started their modern deer season it was a bit of a circular firing squad. Morbidity was extremely high. They did a study and decided on a few measures believed to reduce injury. Hunter Orange was one of them. With Hunter Ed, folks are taught basic catechisms like don't shoot at sounds, don't shoot at skylit animals, etc. All together, the morbidity stats dropped. No one ever went back and figured out the exact cause of the drop.

What is clear is that at the time of the hunter orange rule's inception, invisibility of the hunter was one of the primary causes of being shot. Whether that would be true today remains to be seen.

One thing I will say. I was hunting the Indian Creek WMA east of Cincinnati back 20-some years ago. It was socked in with fog. I hunted in the pea soup and heard and saw nothing. I started out around 10 and the sun came out just as I was approaching the rim. The fog rolled back and there were all these orange spots on the far hillside and down in the bottoms flitting around. It was incredible. What blew my mind was that, as I watched, they came remarkably close to each other without interacting. I'd been down in that soup for hours, and here were little blobs of orange like fireflies on the far hillside.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
These are random pics off the web... fkn disgusting blaze orange nonsense !!!!
[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Sadly... there are hundreds of these pics that support the gun control bs.... Far too many stupid mtrfkrs out in the woods with guns ...

So bad .. that that some states had to create "blaze orange" laws so these stupid mtrfkrs would stop shooting and killing each other every hunting season ... yet they still do !!!!

I bet if it was a hanging or firing squad offense then less stupid mtrfkrs would shoot other hunters and blaze orange would never be a requirement...

Thank God this stupidity isn't required in Alaska ....

"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants".
RAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Irony here is, NHFG promotes the use of Hunter Orange, but not for themselves. Hunter green, green black plaid, green with red shoulders, seem to be their wardrobe.

America is (supposed to be) a Republic, NOT a democracy. Learn the difference, help end the lie. Fear a government that fears your guns.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I hunt family land have neighbors on both sides so I do wear an orange cap. One stand I have in the woods I wear a orange vest sometimes depends what time of day it is.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Swamplord
These are random pics off the web... fkn disgusting blaze orange nonsense !!!!

Sadly... there are hundreds of these pics that support the gun control bs.... Far too many stupid mtrfkrs out in the woods with guns ...

So bad .. that that some states had to create "blaze orange" laws so these stupid mtrfkrs would stop shooting and killing each other every hunting season ... yet they still do !!!!

I bet if it was a hanging or firing squad offense then less stupid mtrfkrs would shoot other hunters and blaze orange would never be a requirement...

Thank God this stupidity isn't required in Alaska ....

🤣

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Virginia has seasonal requirements for blaze orange. During the general firearms season for deer, and during the early muzzle loading season for deer while hunting deer. I do wear it when required, but not during the seasons leading up to deer season. Though if I take a seat at a treee, I'll generally put a strip of blaze orange around the tree above my head.

Deer, moose and elk, and rodents, can't see orange. They see it as grey. I've never noticed blaze orange ever being a detriment hunting deer or squirrels. Turkeys cans see the full spectrum. But curiously, in the fall, turkeys don't seem to mind it. I've had turkesys work their way upo to my deer stand whgile I was in orange and not seem to mind. I've shuffled my feet and they wandered off, only to come back in 20 minutes or so.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by slumlord
Game wardens will accept UT Vol Nation sports and fan sweats and ts, caps toques 😃too.

Conveniently vol nation attire can be had at most county correctional facilities. Excellent for hwy cleanup and hunting...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Always hated wearing orange. (possibly because I chafe at being required to do anything)

Here it's cap and torso.

20 years ago we didn't need it in muzzleloader season, and I only wore a cap if I was
hunting with a gang. Many of those guys didn't, one young guy wore Carhart bibs,
the brown duck ones.

Last drive of the day, I was standing at the edge of a small opening. Could see about 75 yards to the heavy brush the drivers were pushing. I heard a little branch crack,
set my trigger turned so i could get the gun up in that general direction. Staring holes in the brush, just a little more rustling. Saw a bit of movement, then finally the guy in
bibs appeared.

I wasn't about to shoot at a sound. (Some do)
Didn't even have the muzzle pointed toward him, or the gun shouldered.
But it scared the Beejeebers out of me.
That brush was thick, if he had pushed a deer out when he was 20 or 30 yards
in, i absolutely would have shot in his direction. I've heard round balls go bouncing through brush, it's hard to tell where one might have went.

Still hate wearing orange.
Still ignore the law on occasion on our property.
But I'm now a firm believer in hats at least.
Off our property, or anytime I'm moving. The orange ribbon thing if sitting.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
What is clear is that at the time of the hunter orange rule's inception, invisibility of the hunter was one of the primary causes of being shot.

I don't believe "invisibility" is the right word because lots of times the shooter says they shot at something they saw and thought was an animal.

Mistaken for game is the term used by LE, it's misidentification.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RHClark
I always wear orange. It's the law here and a good idea.
Agree ....... I don't trust other folks with my safety.

I don't understand why so many bristle at having to wear it.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by smokepole
What is clear is that at the time of the hunter orange rule's inception, invisibility of the hunter was one of the primary causes of being shot.

I don't believe "invisibility" is the right word because lots of times the shooter says they shot at something they saw and thought was an animal.

That's a good point. However, it gets damn hard to say: "I thought it was a deer!" if the target is wearing orange.

Hunter Orange does help in shoot-through and shoot-pass accidents. If you see orange, anywhere in the field of view, it is wise to hold your shot.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

“Sound shots” and pre Boomers allowed to hunt with buckshot in the good ole 1950s. Everyone so eager for that precious deer liver. Yum yum
🤮

Elmers with very little trigger restraint or discipline. I tell u whut u sombitch im gonna git me nuther one of them doe patches from the Herter’s on my jacket. Other Elmers will recognize me in the coffey shop as a successful hunter. They will envy me and my 63 Rambler painted flat black too.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I wear a fleece orange and camo vest. It has my GPS on one side and my 2-way radio on the other plus spare batteries.

I also carry some form of orange hat, a ball cap or a stocking hat. I tend to wear these when riding a bike in and out or carrying meat. If I don't have an orange hat I wrap some flagging on the one I have on.

Finally, I keep a mesh orange vest in my pack. I use it as a loaner, to mark points so I can return to a course, to cover game when packing it and to cut up for extra flagging if I run out.

I think the orange is more important when hunting rabbits-crows etc or shooting sage rats with a group.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
https://fox47.com/news/local/hunter...king-dog-in-adams-county-sunday-dnr-says

A deer hunter mistakenly shot a 47-year-old woman walking her dog Sunday in Adams County.

The Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources said the woman was walking her dog on a private property when a 62-year-old hunter believed her dog to be an antlerless deer and shot at the dog.

The incident happened during the opening weekend of gun deer hunting season.

The woman was struck in her abdomen and was transported to the hospital by Med Flight.

The incident is under investigation, according to the DNR, and it's not clear whether charges will be filed against the hunter.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
When you're on water it is good to wear bright colors.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I always wear a blaze orange cap during deer season, even though all of hunting is on private land and inside a shooting house. I carry an orange vest with me in case I have to walk the woods for some reason or another. Part of my farm borders some land owned by Mennonites and there is a hunter every 50 yards or so there, so it pays to be careful because they tend to shoot first regardless of who's land it is.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I only wear orange when I'm in jail.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Oldman03
Louisiana regs.... (copy and paste is easier than typing it)

Generally, when you’re hunting deer during the open firearms deer hunting season, you’re required to wear a total of at least 400 square inches of hunter orange or blaze pink on your head, chest and/or back.
If you’re hunting on privately-owned land, you may wear a hunter orange or blaze pink cap or hat in lieu of the 400 square inches.
If you’re hunting deer from elevated stands on privately-owned land, you are not required to wear hunter orange or blaze pink. However, if you’re hunting on privately-owned land where hunting with firearms is allowed, you must wear the 400 square inches of hunter orange or blaze pink OR a hunter orange or blaze pink cap or hat while walking to and from elevated stands.
If you’re an archery deer hunter hunting on lands where firearm hunting is not allowed, you are not required to wear hunter orange or blaze pink.

I keep one of those elastic orange toppers for cowboy hats with me in my backpack. Slip it over my ballcap when hiking in or out of my stand locations on private land. Works well enough.

Now with even more aplomb
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Wearing this now.[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

That's a good point. However, it gets damn hard to say: "I thought it was a deer!" if the target is wearing orange.

Hunter Orange does help in shoot-through and shoot-pass accidents. If you see orange, anywhere in the field of view, it is wise to hold your shot.

No doubt it helps. In Colorado the law was implemented at the same time mandatory hunter education was, I believe in 1970. Before that we averaged 20 "accidents" a year around 10 of them fatal, and after the numbers went way down. Some years we have zero fatalities, most years maybe 1 or 2 with a lot more people afield.

So it helps but I agree with everyone who says it should be voluntary.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by SDLEFTY
In SD it's required for deer but not pheasants. I've guided way too many casual bird hunters that I require it when I'm guiding them. The things I've seen them do boggles the mind at times. All common sense goes out the window when the action picks up.

Sdlefty, hit it on the head here.but I'd also add that the orange makes you visible in the background and might keep someone from shooting in your direction . Every year the SD Conservayion Digest in a fall issue reviews all firearms related shooting accidents.98+% of these accidental shooting happen by turkey and pheasant hunters with an occaisional one in waterfowl hunting. Once in a blue moon a shooting of a big game hunter with a ctr fire rifle. But only big game hunters are required to wear orange. Mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
With the ‘mistaken for game’ shootings, what % are in either sex seasons where it isn’t necessary to see antlers?

― George Orwell

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Maybe check WISQARS database for injuries if they dissect it down that specific.

Gonna think old shaky farts climbing and falling out of tree stands causes more harm.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Maybe check WISQARS database for injuries if they dissect it down that specific.

Gonna think old shaky farts climbing and falling out of tree stands causes more harm.

No doubt. Unless you construct a Taj Majal with steps and a stone landing at the bottom..... grin

The last shooting fatality here was a guy with a muzzleloader who shot a bowhunter. The shooter had a bull tag, and there were antler point restrictions.

His story when he got to court was that he had been watching a five-point bull and the bowhunter somehow worked his way in between. But that's not what he told the deputy on the scene right after it happened. That story was that his buddy was trying to bugle one in and there were multiple bulls bugling and coming in.

They recovered the bowhunters cell phone and he had shot a video of himself listening to a bugle, and blowing his own bugle and saying he was moving in on a bull, right before the shooting.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Always...

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Originally Posted by RHClark
I always wear orange. It's the law here and a good idea. I typically hunt on the ground out of a folding lawn chair. I've had many deer including trophy bucks, within 50 yards or less that never saw be. The key is to have enough in front of you to break up any pattern.

Same here

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
400 inches above the waist is the law in Montana. It’s the last thing I put on and first thing I take off when I am in the truck.

Hardly anything looks more stupid than a cab full of orange driving down the road…

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Wearing orange is dumb....but I put 5 gallons of raw honey...7 quarts of petroleum jelly, a can of Stanadyne and 8 quarts of ATF strained through pantyhose in every tank of diesel for my diesel pickups.

Just pays to be careful ya know?

I am MAGA.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by shrapnel
400 inches above the waist is the law in Montana. It’s the last thing I put on and first thing I take off when I am in the truck.

Hardly anything looks more stupid than a cab full of orange driving down the road…

Judging by your photos, you bring at least 2-3 sets of clothes and several different old rifles. Must take you some serious time posing with your various hunting costumes dragging deer between winter wheat and more natural grass habitats.

Poser, literally.

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by BuzzH

Judging by your photos, you bring at least 2-3 sets of clothes and several different old rifles. Must take you some serious time posing with your various hunting costumes dragging deer between winter wheat and more natural grass habitats.

Poser, literally.

You keep trying, but you are still a loser. Remind us again how many elk you have killed.

What a piece of $hit you are, basking in your homemade radiance. You brag of how many days you hunt each fall. You claim over 22 in November alone. As the quintessential killer you claim to be, that means 3 days killing stuff and the rest bragging about it…

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

I despise the "rule".
So far, I've been fortunate enough to always being able to hunt private ground, so orange isn't a big deal.
Oklahoma requires "hunter orange" anytime you hunt except for turkeys and waterfowl. Private or public land.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
With the ‘mistaken for game’ shootings, what % are in either sex seasons where it isn’t necessary to see antlers?
Not needing to see antlers would explain the mistaken for bear homicides...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
When I was a kid back in the 70's....

My Mom wouldn't allow us kids to wear white during deer season and we couldn't play outside without orange of some sort

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B

Poser, literally.

You keep trying, but you are still a loser. Remind us again how many elk you have killed.

What a piece of $hit you are, basking in your homemade radiance. You brag of how many days you hunt each fall. You claim over 22 in November alone. As the quintessential killer you claim to be, that means 3 days killing stuff and the rest bragging about it…

It's not a race to see who can kill the first raghorn and 2 year old mule deer buck out of the wheat stubble.

I hunted 22 days in a row will be hunting the rest of today. Tomorrow I'll check a couple whitetail spots on my way home from hunting Montana. You know, with my cheap NR Native tags. Will meet up with some friends to get some elk killed in Wyoming. Then off to Arizona to chase coues deer.

My hunting schedule would kill the average man.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Hahaha!

Bullshit Buzzie.

I am MAGA.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Hahaha!

Bullshit Buzzie.

Yeah I understand it's impossible for you and scrapnel to comprehend someone hunting as much as I do each fall.

Just another ho-hum season.

Helped a couple great friends with these bulls.

[Linked Image from photos.imageevent.com]

My friend found this bull during archery, I relocated him 22 miles from where he was during archery. Since my buddy had history with the bull, I gave him the greenlight to shoot first.

Off to Montana next...helped my brother.

Rushed back to Wyoming and found a bull for myself. Passed him a few times, finally decided good enough.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Pretty cool
Bobby Hill to Hank

“Which one should I shoot Dad” has 15 to choose from and an hour to set up the shot.

E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Wears the blaze orange in the 1st 2 pics Lloyd?

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
But wait! There's more days in November! So, back to Montana.

Dad and I found whitetail bucks on public land the 21st.

My buck.

Dad wayyy one upped me!

Took my nephew the next day, crazy good day.

Yesterday shot a doe with a rifle that my great grandfather purchased new in 1910 or so. Model 94 in 32-40...wasn't bought at a gun show like scrapnels M.O.

Fairly busy but only about half done...lots more season left.

Last edited by BuzzH; 11/26/23.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by earlybrd
Wears the blaze orange in the 1st 2 pics Lloyd?

Dummy, if you're not the hunter, you don't have to wear it. Read the regs first, run mouth second...

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Poor Bullshit Buzzie got triggered again!

Hahahaha!

Stupid cùnt works for one of the biggest anti hunting outfits around.

LOL!

I am MAGA.
E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Calm down kitten

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Calm down kitten

He is still upset over getting called out about not understanding federal grazing leases and requirements.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Getting a Larry Root vibe

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B

Hahahaha!

LOL!

You know what's better than hunting for 60 +days a year?

Getting paid vacation to do it.

E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
😂😂😂😂

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Getting a Larry Root vibe

You're just full of s hit...go take a dump to clear your mind.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Say ahhhh!!
I can choke a donkey

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Preferable to getting shot

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
Hunter S. Thompson
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J

Hahahaha!

LOL!

Triggered again!

I am MAGA.
E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Dandee buck you’re dad kilt👍

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S

Hahahaha!

LOL!

The military could be interested in you to replace depleted uranium, you are the only thing more dense.

This is about hunter orange, not your uninteresting dumb ass…

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Writing violations is hard when you can't see someone sitting still. I'm not walking around the woods without wearing orange, even on private property. It's legal to kill antlerless deer the whole season.

Life is good live it while you can.
E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by TrueGrit
Writing violations is hard when you can't see someone sitting still. I'm not walking around the woods without wearing orange, even on private property. It's legal to kill antlerless deer the whole season.
10/4 me and son bought got caught in ww3 the other morning😵‍💫

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B

Hahahaha!

LOL!

The military could be interested in you to replace depleted uranium, you are the only thing more dense.

This is about hunter orange, not your uninteresting dumb ass…

Go wash your multiple changes of clothes and oil those old pos rifles you buy at gun shows, poser.

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S

Hahahaha!

LOL!

All that hunting, would you shoot this monster?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Over my 40 plus years of hunting I have heard of numerous people shot while hunting. I know 3 that were shot. 1 survived and 2 didn't. One of them that didn't was a guy I grew up with. He lived the 2nd house down from me.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B

Hahahaha!

LOL!

These deer don't stand in wheat stubble waiting around for a hunter to change their clothes 4 times, switch from a gun show piece of chit rifle, and end being shot with a .270.

You know, real deer that never see an ag field...you should try it sometime.

On second thought, you shouldn't, you wouldn't have a chance.

Plus, the goal was to get my Dad a great buck. Unlike you it's not always about me.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Hahahaha!

LOL!

These deer don't stand in wheat stubble waiting around for a hunter to change their clothes 4 times, switch from a gun show piece of chit rifle, and end being shot with a .270.

Plus, the goal was to get my Dad a great buck. Unlike you it's not always about me.
What is your issue with gun show rifles? Not everyone gets hand-me-downs, ya know.

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S

The biggest gaffe of the year. It has always been about you.

You are so pathetic and you’re the only one that doesn’t know it…

E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Calm down kitten

He is still upset over getting called out about not understanding federal grazing leases and requirements.
Was that the corner crossing debacle? been so many

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B

Pathetic is having to drag a buck out of winter wheat to a native grass looking area, changing clothes to Sitka gear, and posting different pics depending on the board you're on.

Well, that and killing animals with a bolt rifle, changing to a level action, and changing clothes for hero pics. That's odd behavior.

What's wrong with you? Everyone in Bozeman thinks you're half a bubble off plumb...

E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Lever action

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Pathetic is having to drag a buck out of winter wheat to a native grass looking area, changing clothes to Sitka gear, and posting different pics depending on the board you're on.

Well, that and killing animals with a bolt rifle, changing to a level action, and changing clothes for hero pics. That's odd behavior.

What's wrong with you? Everyone in Bozeman thinks you're half a bubble off plumb...

Lever action.

E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
I got to dig thru my umteen stockum blaze orange hats need a sloppy doe for stew meat I’ll dig thru the umteen winchesters ho hum such decisions 😂

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

Everyone in Montana thinks you're more bitch than a bitch, bitch....lol

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I would not wear it if it was t required by law unless I was hunting in MN or WI with a gun.

Camp is where you make it.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J

That was startling wasn't it?

I am MAGA.
S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S

Pathetic is YOU trying to bring someone else down. NO PICS but you claim to be a "DO IT ALL IN THREE STATES". GFY Never Trumper POSER. You aint Shiet here and EVERYONE knows it. Take your sorry as back to the county you came from.

E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Golly gee might have to cross a few corners to get there

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by 160user

Don't hold back. Tell us how you REALLY feel.

He’s a felon so he can’t hunt with a gun anyway.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Heym06
Ever wonder how the deer know when they've moved 1/2 mile?🤔🤔

Survey marker. Duh!

E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Does one need blaze orange to hunt white sheep?

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

Poser, literally.

It's not a race to see who can kill the first raghorn and 2 year old mule deer buck out of the wheat stubble.

I hunted 22 days in a row will be hunting the rest of today. Tomorrow I'll check a couple whitetail spots on my way home from hunting Montana. You know, with my cheap NR Native tags. Will meet up with some friends to get some elk killed in Wyoming. Then off to Arizona to chase coues deer.

My hunting schedule would kill the average man.

You spent time with family too I bet…

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

Hahahaha!

LOL!

Yep ol buzzard is jealous again of the working man. Guys with jobs do more than buzzard in less time. All while not trying to take your guns away. Plus, he’s a covidtard

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Can you girls take your menopausal bitching to PM's, please?

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S

Hahahaha!

LOL!

LOL how old is your "Dad"?

E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Ruined a good thread

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
We are required to wear 500 sq in of orange, including a cap, no big deal as far as I'm concerned. Not sure why it would bother people to wear it.

'Four legs good, two legs baaaad."
----------------------------------------------
"Jimmy, some of it's magic,
Some of it's tragic,
But I had a good life all the way."
(Jimmy Buffett)

SotG
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Ruined a good thread

Safety first.

[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]

E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
I’m with ya 😃

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Go wash your multiple changes of clothes and oil those old pos rifles you buy at gun shows, poser.

That right there displays your arrogant ignorance...and is all any man needs to know about you.

Good-bye.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by JSTUART

That right there displays your arrogant ignorance...and is all any man needs to know about you.

Good-bye.

A wannabe defending a poser, how cute. Maybe scrapnel will loan you some clothes and an old rifle for some photos.

Seriously who changes rifles and clothing for photos with a dead animal.

That's very odd.

Last edited by BuzzH; 11/26/23.
E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E

E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
#orange4ever 🤪

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
You can tell that Buzzie is very well adjusted......hahahaha!

I am MAGA.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by tzone

Hahahaha!

LOL!

Yep ol buzzard is jealous again of the working man. Guys with jobs do more than buzzard in less time. All while not trying to take your guns away. Plus, he’s a covidtard

Gubmint dole buzzard. Figures.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Snuck right up on this dude in my youth, orange coat AND gloves!

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Even in MT, orange wasn't an issue.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I live in PA and I have to wear it by law. I hate that it's a law.

I view it the same as helmet laws, seat belt laws and COVID shots. Should be my choice! Just another example of some dipchitt behind a desk thinking they know what's better for me than me.

If I want to wear it, fine. If I don't, should be fine too.

Big brother says we have to wear it so the dumb hunters don't shoot us. I think if you are that worried about being shot, stay home. More deer for the rest of us.

Fluorescent Orange was probably invented by some law makers brother in law. The law was probably invented so some law maker would get a kick back.

I think some deer see it or that it at least sticks out to some deer. I've had deer walk by within feet while I was wearing it and never notice. I've also had deer stop in their tracks and zero in on me from 100 yards out while I was wearing it.

Not all humans see color the same. You'd have to be an idiot to think all deer see everything exactly the same.

Fluorescent orange has become a HUGE industry and it would crumble over night if anyone ever proved deer could see it!!!

Last edited by bobinpa; 11/27/23.

I sure could go for some $2.50/gal gas and a mean tweet!

NRA Benefactor member, disgruntled.
Life member: Firearms Owners Against Crime.
Life member: GOA
Member: RMEF

TRUMP 2020
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I hunt in Minnesota on private property. I will wear all the orange I can walking out to the stand or blind. I have orange clamped to all 4 sides of the blind as well.

You never know what numbskull is going to come creeping along and start shooting at whatever.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

543 members (06hunter59, 163bc, 1lessdog, 1minute, 1badf350, 10ring1, 69 invisible), 2,532 guests, and 1,209 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,787
Posts18,515,869
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.