Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
Voting with your dollars is legitimate. All the suppliers didn't mandate a vaccine or it they did we are unaware of it. If most did and it violates your beliefs a decision on the lesser of 2 evils would have to be made. Sort of like we do on voting most elections.

HR IC

H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
Originally Posted by Hogwild7
Voting with your dollars is legitimate. All the suppliers didn't mandate a vaccine or it they did we are unaware of it. If most did and it violates your beliefs a decision on the lesser of 2 evils would have to be made. Sort of like we do on voting most elections.
Voting with your dollars is all fine and dandy, but what does a vaccine have to do with bullet/cartridge performance? I respect your right to do that, but I base my ammunition and projectile selections on performance instead of politics.

But, hey, difference is what makes the world go 'round.

If ifs and buts were like candy and nuts, it would be Christmas every day.

“The .30-06 is never a mistake.” - Col. Townsend Whelan
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Melting Fhuqking Snowflakes will ALWAYS find something to Whine about. Hint.

None of The Crying Kchunts actually fhuqking shoot,but the Hissy Fits are funnier than fhuqk! Hint………..

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Hogwild7

All of them with DoD contracts had the same mandate. The mandate wasn’t from Hornady, it was from the Federal government. All companies without a policy were ineligible from being a DoD supplier. Hornady did backtrack and it was never enforced by the Feds.

But guess what? Federal, Remington, Winchester, Speer, and all the rest had the same policy it just so happens a leaked memo never made it public. None of those companies were giving up doing business with Uncle Sugar. Fortunately it was struck down.

"Full time night woman? I never could find no tracks on a woman's heart. I packed me a squaw for ten year, Pilgrim. Cheyenne, she were, and the meanest bitch that ever balled for beads."
J
Joe Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Fotis
Originally Posted by Joe
Originally Posted by JGRaider
They lost me after Steve Hornady's Covid "vax" mandate to his employess,

Indeed! I don't plan to ever buy another Hornady product.

So, Hypothetically if most or all of the manufacturers did that (Powder, primer, bullets, firearms etc.) you would give up guns all together?

No, I have enough supplies to last the rest of my shooting life. I even have a supply of Hornady bullets but, I will never buy another. I don't support those who take away freedom, I fought too hard for it.

Shew me thy ways, O LORD: teach me thy paths.
"there are few better cartridges on Earth than the 7 x 57mm Mauser"
"the .30 Springfield is light, accurate, penetrating, and has surprising stopping power"
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Fair enough.

https://thehandloadinglog.wordpress.com
μολὼν λαβέ

"Weatherby was too long so I nicknamed it "Bee""
P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
I hear all this moral high ground and wonder how many know P&G also tried to force the jab on employees. So are you going to check your laundry room, toilet paper, coffee, and multipule other items you probably use every day or is it just Hornady?

Elevation is math
Windage is Voodoo
O
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
O
On the topic of Hornady, I had a young lady at the ranch for a hunt a few weeks ago and after her deer was taken we went for Prairie dog fun.
I had picked up a case of Hornady superperformance .223 53gr v-max to try out so we broke into them.
Out of the first two boxes there were 3 that did not fire. Primers hit deep and solid. For what I paid that’s a bit crazy. We finished from there on with reloads.
There are plenty of other options and manufacturers I won’t buy Hornady again.

Osky

A woman's heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth and I can find no sign on it.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by pavementends
I hear all this moral high ground and wonder how many know P&G also tried to force the jab on employees. So are you going to check your laundry room, toilet paper, coffee, and multipule other items you probably use every day or is it just Hornady?

Or receive health care, or drive a car, or.....the list is endless. People only virtue signal about Hornady because they think it'll stick.

"Full time night woman? I never could find no tracks on a woman's heart. I packed me a squaw for ten year, Pilgrim. Cheyenne, she were, and the meanest bitch that ever balled for beads."
S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
Hornady has been hit and miss for me. Their 460 ammo had around a 60% firing rate in my smith Wesson xvr. I called them and they blamed it on s&w. My reloads have had no firing failures.

IC B3

S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
I have had good success with their precision hunter ammo tho.....

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I thought CRF was uber reliable. Try it in some push feed guns? grin whistle wink

But I'm a broken man on a Halifax pier,
The last of Barrett's Privateers
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I've shot Hornady factory loads in a variety of rifles that are chambered for a variety of cartridges and haven't had any issues.

I do wish that Hornady would make 17HM2 ammo that was as accurate as the long discontinued Eley, but they don't actual make that ammo, CCI does.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Jeezus Fhuqk...SIMPLY tune the extractor blade and go fhuqking shoot. It will take 5 fhuqking seconds. Hint..............
Originally Posted by beretzs
Originally Posted by JakeM78
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Jeezus Fhuqk...SIMPLY tune the extractor blade and go fhuqking shoot. It will take 5 fhuqking seconds. Hint..............

I can and did make it work with the Hornady ammo today, but then you run some rounds of the other brand and your back to the Hornady not working again, HINT

Add more tension to it. I like mine so they hold the case firm on the bolt face.

Is there a link or video that explains the fix you guys are referring to? Im not having issues with my hawkeye, but in comparison to my M70 extreme sporter, the grip of the claw extractor seems a bit weaker. Wondering if i can adjust it myself.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I guess snot

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
[quote=260Remguy]I've shot Hornady factory loads in a variety of rifles that are chambered for a variety of cartridges and haven't had any issues.

That’s been my experience as well. Their Whitetail load is usually the first thing I nab to run in a new rifle.
The stuff worked so well in my 6.5CM that I ran it a couple of seasons before working up a load.

BT53
"Where do they find young men like this?" Reporter Savidge, Iraq
Elk, it's what's for dinner....

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by SCgman1
I guess snot

Look for a video on removing the extractor from the bolt body. Then I use a padded vice and clamp the extractor in some soft jaws or something that wont mar up the finish and gently push the extractor in order to put a slight bow into it. I mean slight. A little goes a long way.

Semper Fi
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by beretzs
Originally Posted by SCgman1
I guess snot

Look for a video on removing the extractor from the bolt body. Then I use a padded vice and clamp the extractor in some soft jaws or something that wont mar up the finish and gently push the extractor in order to put a slight bow into it. I mean slight. A little goes a long way.

Thx, will try that.

W
WAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I don’t forego Hornady because of jab politics, I just think their stuff is crap.

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Hornady brass, bullets, ammo & all their products have always been lower quality, last resort stuff when the good stuff from other manufacturers wasn't available

Just because the sissy, recoil sensitive manbun crowd, swallowed the Hornady choad of creed hype and it became popular, doesn't mean Hornady crap got better

Cheap junk always sells more, Hornady is basically McDonalds in cheeseburgers

"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants".
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

534 members (160user, 10gaugeman, 1Longbow, 219 Wasp, 12344mag, 1badf350, 45 invisible), 2,190 guests, and 1,177 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,093
Posts18,501,981
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.