Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
T
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
I have a Schmidt Bender 4-16x56 Polar T96 on a custom Rem 700 in 223. It shoots little groups but they are 9" high at 100 yards and the elevation turret is maxed out. I originally thought it had a 20 MOA one piece base on it and figured that was my problem but it is a 0 MOA base. Any suggestions?

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Burris XTR signature rings with inserts will fix your problem

B.C. don't matter.............Laffin!
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
[b][/b]You have to re-zero the turret. That information is in your owners manual or call Schmidt and Bender and ask for Jerry.

If you loosen the two set screws on the turret do not remove them.

Last edited by Oldelkhunter; 12/10/23.
T
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
I've talked to Jerry already. The turrets don't have set screws. He and I both assumed I had a 20 MOA base.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The owners manual should explain how, but you should be able to reset your turret. When you figure out how to do that, put it to about "9" or a bit higher, then tighten up and dial back down to zero to make fine adjustment. Once its zeroed, reset the turret to "0".

"Full time night woman? I never could find no tracks on a woman's heart. I packed me a squaw for ten year, Pilgrim. Cheyenne, she were, and the meanest bitch that ever balled for beads."
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Remington receivers are often imperfect. My 700 223 has a similar issue, but it was on the windage side, so I went with windage adjustable rings.

What bases do you have? Have you tried other bases?

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by timspawn
I've talked to Jerry already. The turrets don't have set screws. He and I both assumed I had a 20 MOA base.

I had set screws on mine 2.5-10x50 and it was a simple fix after speaking to him. Did he say what your options are?

Do you have pics of that turret?

T
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Remington receivers are often imperfect. My 700 223 has a similar issue, but it was on the windage side, so I went with windage adjustable rings.

Warne rings and a Leupold base. I have not tried any other combo. I did buy an EGW base to replace the Leupold but once I saw they were both 0 MOA, I didn't change it out.

T
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter

I had set screws on mine 2.5-10x50 and it was a simple fix after speaking to him. Did he say what your options are?

Do you have pics of that turret?

He assumed it was do to a 20 MOA base and me only shooting at 100 yards. He said get a 0 MOA base. The turrets are Posicon. They do have a set screw on top.

https://revivaler.com/wp-content/up...t-and-Bender-Part-2-posicon_display.jpeg

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

"Full time night woman? I never could find no tracks on a woman's heart. I packed me a squaw for ten year, Pilgrim. Cheyenne, she were, and the meanest bitch that ever balled for beads."
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Warne rings and a Leupold base. I have not tried any other combo. I did buy an EGW base to replace the Leupold but once I saw they were both 0 MOA, I didn't change it out.

As I see it, there are 4 possibilities for the source of your issues. The scope, the bases, the rings and the rifle. By switching out the base and trying it, you can rule that out. I would. It's easy to do.

T
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by drop_point

Yes. In the red and still 9" high at 100 yards.

T
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T

As I see it, there are 4 possibilities for the source of your issues. The scope, the bases, the rings and the rifle. By switching out the base and trying it, you can rule that out. I would. It's easy to do.

I'm going to start there.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

"6.2.3 Marking the zero position (Posicon)
All obtained reticle positions may be marked by the aluminum ring below the
knurl.
To do so, please unscrew the cross-slot screw in the Posicon screen and
position and turn the aluminum ring until the index dot and the index triangle
match. Then screw the cross-slot screw tightly. (Illustr. 12)"

Page 19 of your owners manual.

Reset it such that you're 9" higher on the turret than your intended zero, then you should have travel to turn down.

Last edited by drop_point; 12/10/23.

T
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T

knurl.

Reset it such that you're 9" higher on the turret than your intended zero, then you should have travel to turn down.

I have done this. It does nothing about the turret being in the red since I am only moving the silver ring below the turret. The first thing Jerry told me to was loosen the two set screws and reset the turret. When I told him there wasn't any set screws, he recommended the 0 MOA base.

Last edited by timspawn; 12/10/23.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

knurl.

I have done this. It does nothing about the turret being in the red since I am only moving the silver ring below the turret. The first thing Jerry told me to was loosen the two set screws and reset the turret. When I told him there wasn't any set screws, he recommended the 0 MOA base.

Compared the w/e data for your scope compared to their lower powered Polar models , unless it is me there does not seem to as much adjustment. I wonder if they centered it right at the factory and that is a question I would ask him? I had that issue with a scope this year and it needed to be centered because it had so little W/E adjustment. How high are your rings ? Does the front objective clear or is there a lot of room there?

If not then go with his recommendation.

T
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
Rings are probably high rings. I just put two piece Warne bases on it which dropped the scope quite a bit. There is now less than a half inch between the barrel and the objective end of the scope.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Same scope on a tikka 308 with a mountain tactical 0 moa rail. As stated above, you need to reset the zero. I did it when I 1st bought it years back but dont remember. But I did follow manual.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Oh my bad. You have different turret for elevation. Mine is exposed tactical turret. Your turret looks like my windage.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Use a 0 MOA base.......that should get you back in buisness.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

160 members (2ndwind, 300_savage, 1badf350, 117LBS, 204guy, 1lessdog, 26 invisible), 2,243 guests, and 954 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,446
Posts18,528,794
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.