Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by TrueGrit
While checking cows my wife fell and broke her humerus and dislocated her shoulder. There's no rooms available so we're just sitting in the ER patiently waiting.....well sort of. There's 5 whites, 3 illegals and 21 blacks waiting with us.
TG - hopefully your wife has been able to get the needed treatments by now. Waiting for hours in an ER is not a pleasant experience.

My wife has a history of twisted bowel attacks and several surgeries to show for them. It is quite painful but sometimes it does "resolve" itself. Almost 3 years ago she had an event and we headed to the nearest ER to get relief. Waited for about 3 hours and still had not been called to see any medical personnel. By then the episode had somewhat resolved so we went home. A few hours later the symptoms returned with a vengeance. We went to another hospital's ER, about 5 miles further drive from the earlier ER. I pulled up to the ER entrance and helped her get in to the ER waiting room. I parked the car and returned to the ER lobby/waiting room. Wife was already back in an exam room by the time I returned. She was in excruciating pain by then and a doctor had been summoned. They got her pain reduced, had MRI and all kinds of bloodwork. She had surgery early the next morning. The surgeon found some irregular lymph nodes and referred her to an Oncologist. After a biopsy it was confirmed she had lymphoma and thus started a 2+ year of chemo treatments and follow up scans. As of today she is clear of the cancer but has scans every 6 months or so to verify it is gone.

We had never been to that hospital before and have decided that is the one we will go to, given the choice. Sometimes you need to go somewhere you have never been to find what you need.

Someday I hope to be the person my dogs think I am . . .
The only true cost of having a dog is its death.
Someone once said "a nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves."
Shiloh Sharps . . . there is no substitute.
NRA Endowment Member
GB1

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by mark shubert
I was always told
Chest pain
Slurred speech/ sagging/shuffling
Severe burns

In order of priority.
Was I mis-informed?

Buddy's dad went to the ER in Macon with chest pains early one morning, finally got him into a room by 3 pm, 10pm he still hadn't seen a nurse, dr, or even someone delivering dinner since they put him in the room. He got out of the bed and left, said he'd just die at home.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by achadwick
When I had to go to the emergency room late last year, it helped speed things up quite a bit when I made clear that I was not looking for free medical care, that I had insurance and that I was in network with that hospital. Your mileage may vary.

I don't think they care, they'll get paid regardless. They don't work for free. Our insurance premiums and deductibles has the free stuff for others built in. Not to mention indigent care money municipalities give them, with your tax money.

Friend of mine got real sick on a fishing trip, no insurance, lost his job a couple months before and due to some rental property income he didn't qualify for Obamacare. Said he made too much money.

17 days later between ER/ICU, etc, he got a 400k medical bill. He negotiated it down to 110k. Payments, 20 bucks a month, he'd die before it was ever paid off at that rate, which I guess is the plan for both sides. Well, trying to do what is right, he paid 2k on the first payment due. They then dropped his balance to 52k as a "reward".

So 400k went down to I guess 54k when all said and done.

Last edited by killerv; 12/12/23.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I hate going.

They gonna stick an iv in for sure.

Walked out a couple months. AMA forms signed

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by TrueGrit
Originally Posted by JB in SC
Macon?
Yes Macon. Fairview hospital in Dublin said she needed a trauma orthopedic surgeon. So we've been here since 7pm and still waiting.

Atrium is the only level one in the area. My nephew is an orthopedic surgeon finishing his fellowship next June. Hope she gets the care she needs, sounds like a very serious injury.

IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by killerv
I was always told
Chest pain
Severe burns

In order of priority.
Was I mis-informed?

Buddy's dad went to the ER in Macon with chest pains early one morning, finally got him into a room by 3 pm, 10pm he still hadn't seen a nurse, dr, or even someone delivering dinner since they put him in the room. He got out of the bed and left, said he'd just die at home.
Damn...
When I went into the ER they did an EKG and got me a room. First thing they did when I got the gown on was draw a Troponin. While waiting for the results three cardiologist did a conference call, were talking about a stress test the next day. Once the results were released and by listening to my description of what I experienced during my workout they said they were skipping the stress test, I already did one for them. The game plan was to have a heart cath first thing the next morning.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Don't take medical advice from anyone here!

Medics bury their mistakes..
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Wife fell and broke her wrist in sept, were away on holidays.
Off to emergency and got a cast on and back to campground, was probably three hours all told.
So far up here things have been good.

Brother ran a power saw through his arm, wife took him to emergency and they got him fixed up until he was able to go to a surgeon to reattach things.
Now he is undergoing therapy to see how much use they can get back in his 73 year old arm, they don’t think he will get full mobility at his age.
But things went well got him.

"The 375HH is the greatest level of power you can get for the investment in recoil." (JJHack)
79s and losttrail, biggest waste of air.
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Yes , tell them she is having chest pains and it is likely coming from the stress of the pain and if she has a heart attack you will seeing a lawyer
That usually gets their attention and make sure you say it in front of several nurses loud and clear
Somebody will react
Kenneth

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Point out the window and yell, “Damn! Look at that! They’re giving away free fried chicken out there”

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Chisos
Best E-Room advice...Don't ever walk in, go in an ambulance. Makes a world of difference of how quickly they treat you.

I was going to say the same thing

Found that out with my mom. If its affordable for you to do so, the person in an ambulance gets ahead of the line

at least that was out experience

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Point out the window and yell, “Damn! Look at that! They’re giving away free fried chicken out there”
The free hot bread trick will almost clear out a post office of old people. The ones that can hear you. Hot bread moves white pipl too

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I was always told
Chest pain
Severe burns

In order of priority.
Was I mis-informed?

In my experience if you're actively bleeding all over their floor by the admitting desk, they also get you right in.

Carpe' Scrotum
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by Steve
In my experience if you're actively bleeding all over their floor by the admitting desk, they also get you right in.

Been some years, but it didn't work for me.

Even then, I didn't check the right boxes

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by mrmeener
If it’s like here, the ER is filled up with 50 wetbacks waiting to get free treatment for a cold.

Sorry to hear about your wife.
imagine georgia overrun with aztecs and negros then tex-azz where whites are now a minority. I am sure the guys at the Alamo are real proud of texazz. better not try that in texas. keep supporting israel. it is your only hope ahahahah

F.uck off Troll. Keep on sucking some NY Yankee Libertard dick. How’s that working out for ya ! 😂😂😂

chl, she is one absolutely ignorant cheetos-brained chkunt.

No doubt!!!
you suicidal morons on the fake right hate hearing the truth. women ho-mos and negros are exactly the same

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
This is one reason we left fing calif

Gun Owners of America
Escapee's RV Club
Elks
Moose
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Since covid our ER is often overrun.

When I stuck myself I was in a wheel chair in the hall, that's where they sewed me up.

My daughter went in with a broken back...bed in the hall.
Needed transferred to Children's in Pittsburgh, no ambulances.
Neurosurgeon wanted her there soon, helicopter was the only way.$$$$

With full ER issues, MedicExpress was gonna build one here.

UPMC (western Pa's medical monopoly) immediately announced plans to open
a clinic of their own here. Med Express read the tea leaves, understood the
strong arm threat, and walked away. UPMC never opened a clinic.

There are benefits to owning the hospitals, using them to force people to buy
your insurance. co-opting the doctors into becoming your employees......

You can keep cheap walk ins out, and force more people into your $350+ co pay
ER.

WGAC about care or wait times $$$$!

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
If it’s like here, the ER is filled up with 50 wetbacks waiting to get free treatment for a cold.

imagine georgia overrun with aztecs and negros then tex-azz where whites are now a minority. I am sure the guys at the Alamo are real proud of texazz. better not try that in texas. keep supporting israel. it is your only hope ahahahah

F.uck off Troll. Keep on sucking some NY Yankee Libertard dick. How’s that working out for ya ! 😂😂😂

We finally agree on something....

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by local_dirt

chl, she is one absolutely ignorant cheetos-brained chkunt.

No doubt!!!
you suicidal morons on the fake right hate hearing the truth. women ho-mos and negros are exactly the same

Little angry chkunt got her vagina all dried up. LOL

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
We don't see DocRocket much anymore.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

77 members (338reddog, AdamT204, 10gaugemag, 6MMWASP, 673, AdventureBound, 7 invisible), 1,699 guests, and 745 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,759
Posts18,514,953
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.