Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Blackheart
I predicted Ruger would put out a pile of shyt with the Marlin name stamped on it. They put out a pile of shyt with the Ruger name on it. I have no reason to believe it will be any different when they stamp them with the Marlin name.

N O N S E N S E .

Don't ask me about my military service or heroic acts...most of it is untrue.

Pronoun: Yes, SIR !
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Sounds like the Jefferena needs lessons in tabletop gunsmithing.

Always take them completely apart and polish the innards.

(Go ahead...bring your Mommy into the discussion.)

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by SheriffJoe
Sounds like the OP needs lessons in tabletop gunsmithing.

Always take them completely apart and polish the innards.

(Go ahead...bring your Mommy into the discussion.)
There is NO EXCUSE for razor sharp edges on the ejection port and any new rifle should cycle correctly, feed, fire, extract, eject, out of the box. When they don't, you can be sure it was not test fired at the factory and the manufacturer has zip for quality control/inspection, relying on clowns like you instead to finish the job they started..

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I predicted Ruger would put out a pile of shyt with the Marlin name stamped on it. They put out a pile of shyt with the Ruger name on it. I have no reason to believe it will be any different when they stamp them with the Marlin name.

N O N S E N S E .
Obviously you wouldn't know a good gun from a rusty bumper if you had one of each shoved up your ass. No doubt you'd enjoy the experience nonetheless.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You're a f k n dm as s.

Got six Marlins.

You still mad at your hippie mommy's failed abortion and her collection of flannel shirts and moustache wax.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You're a f k n dm as s.

Got six Marlins.

You still mad at your hippie mommy's failed abortion and her collection of flannel shirts and moustache wax.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

N O N S E N S E .
Obviously you wouldn't know a good gun from a rusty bumper if you had one of each shoved up your ass. No doubt you'd enjoy the experience nonetheless.

You probably got your ass handed to you repeatedly up until your 85th birthday, huh? For a woman...you sure are mouthy!

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
You're a f k n dm as s.

Got six Marlins.

Wow, six whole Marlins ! I'm mighty proud of ya but that don't have fuuck all to do with you not knowing a good rifle from a rusty bumper Gomer.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Don't complain here, take it back. I've heard other say their Ruger Marlins were great and they were happy with them. If there's a problem they should make it right. That price seems a bit steep though.

B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
I just bought a new Ruger made Marlin 1894 in .357 and the fit and finish are excellent. I shot a box of .357 factory ammo though it and it was dead on at 75 yards even with my old eyes. Not one feeding or ejection problem. Ruger did not make a piece of crap with this gun as some on the forum have stated. I have no idea of why all the alleged complaints about this lever action gun and many on YouTube who have shot the gun, showed the actual video and reviewed it have praised rather than bashed the gun.

If you do what you've always done, then you will get what you've always got.
Carpe Diem,
bgcatty
NRA Patriot Life Benefactor Member
IC B3

S
Sweets Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by bgcatty
I just bought a new Ruger made Marlin 1894 in .357 and the fit and finish are excellent. I shot a box of .357 factory ammo though it and it was dead on at 75 yards even with my old eyes. Not one feeding or ejection problem. Ruger did not make a piece of crap with this gun as some on the forum have stated. I have no idea of why all the alleged complaints about this lever action gun and many on YouTube who have shot the gun, showed the actual video and reviewed it have praised rather than bashed the gun.

I'm really hoping the first one comes back right. It's a beautiful rifle. The bluing, the walnut, the finish.....just wouldn't feed. I'm sure they'll make it right and hopefully won't slice my fingers. Like I said, I want to like it, but at $1300 disappointment for sure.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
When you get it back, hopefully with the issues taken care of, let us know how it shoots.

Been sorta maybe looking for a .357 Magnum lever gun to help go though my piles of .357 and .38 brass and bullets. Lots of used Marlin 1894's around as well as some other brands of good to mediocre reputation but by the time you find one of the better ones on the web, pay shipping and FFL fee then the Ruger Marlin advertised at $1,099 locally is in the same ball park.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
S
Sweets Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Well, I got it back today. They smoothed up all the SHARP edges and put the rear sight elevator on that was missing. All seems to function well and smooth.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have two of the Ruger-made Marlins, one is a 45-70 Trapper, the other is an 1894 in .44 Mag.

No problems with either one as far as function. I did throat the Trapper so that it matched my JM Guide gun so I didn't have to use different loads, and as the OP pointed out, I smoothed out some receiver edges on the 1894 because they were razor sharp.

The 1894 now has a 1/20 twist, so I can use the 300 grain WFNs I like.

Just got back from shooting them along with an 1885 Highwall in .45-70, was enjoyable.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Razor sharp edges. Always a mark of quality, attention to detail and vigorous quality control. LOL

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
Good lord. I expected better for 1300 bucks.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by paint
Good lord. I expected better for 1300 bucks.
Maybe you'd get it if there weren't people all over the Country willing to accept crap wares and finish the job Ruger started without complaint, then go back and buy more of their junk. It ain't just Ruger or guns either. Half of what you buy today, from guns to household appliances is absolute garbage. It's to the point that I'm shocked when something I buy actually works the way it should right out of the box. I end up sending about half the stuff I order back. It's just rediculous. Might as well just burn your money.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Razor sharp edges. Always a mark of quality, attention to detail and vigorous quality control. LOL

It literally takes just a penny to smooth it out.
grin

I had read that one of the improvements they wanted to institute was eliminating just that. If they addressed sharp edges, I would hate to see how the older ones were....

Other than that, I don't have any complaints so far.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Vic_in_Va

It literally takes just a penny to smooth it out.
grin

I had read that one of the improvements they wanted to institute was eliminating just that. If they addressed sharp edges, I would hate to see how the older ones were....

Other than that, I don't have any complaints so far.
There shouldn't be any razor sharp edges period. Neither my JM 1894 nor my 1894C had any.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I agree with you, but they were there and I remedied the situation. So far, that's my only complaint, and from what I've read on 1894s, it's been an issue for awhile. I'm not sure about JM guns, but apparently the Remingtons. This is the first 1894 I've had. At least it has the twist I want, the barrel looked good in the borescope, the trigger doesn't take two men and four boys to pull, and it it hits where pointed.

Last edited by Vic_in_Va; 03/03/24. Reason: add clarification
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

169 members (338rcm, 204guy, 16penny, 1_deuce, 280Ackleyrized, 2ndwind, 24 invisible), 1,921 guests, and 1,096 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,623
Posts18,474,045
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.