Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Such brave seal team 6 key board commandos. Go, sign up and be the police. Show us all has it is done. Be the hero's that you claim to be, Why deny the public your tact, wisdom and your incredible problem solving skills under difficult circumstances. I am confident that you hero's would never over react or under react. Please save the police profession with god given skills. We need you! We are hiring..........! Oh, that's right, you guys are only gifted/brave while on a computer key board.

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Sometime back Ingwe posted a pic of a police dog latched on a guy’s butt about 6-10’ up a tree. That’s the dog that fella needed.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by cs2blue
Such brave seal team 6 key board commandos. Go, sign up and be the police. Show us all has it is done. Be the hero's that you claim to be, Why deny the public your tact, wisdom and your incredible problem solving skills under difficult circumstances. I am confident that you hero's would never over react or under react. Please save the police profession with god given skills. We need you! We are hiring..........! Oh, that's right, you guys are only gifted/brave while on a computer key board.
Can’t do the cop thing,

Taking an Oath means something to me.

Can’t bring myself to stand down and watch innocents being violently attacked for any reason, especially for a pension.

Being ordered to not only watch small businesses being burned to the ground, but arresting those that try and stop it, doesn’t sit well with me.

Arresting mothers and the elderly for not wearing a mask, or bringing their children and grandchildren to the park at the orders of a politician is beyond reprehensible.

…and I have enough whitetail mounts, I don’t need any Golden Retrievers or Yellow Labs on my wall.

Now GFY you Gob of Spit

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
J
You can't do shi t, you f ucking coward.

Last week I had the pleasure of helping interview a sick f uck (like you) that had been making his 8yr old stepdaughter suck his dic for the past three years. He confessed and will be going to prison for a while.

This week I got to charge and arrest another sick f uck like you that tried to forcibly rape a woman in her front yard in broad daylight. Thank gawd for ring doorbell cameras and audio....it was all on video.

I don't have time to shoot pitbulls. Not all talk like you, coward.

Last edited by Jackson_Handy; 11/21/23.
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Slavek
I heard in 🇺🇸 pedestrians and bicyclists get no respect from motorists. Hit in the face, tazed and his dog gets killed got to 😢 for this fella.

You heard mostly wrong.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Sometime back Ingwe posted a pic of a police dog latched on a guy’s butt about 6-10’ up a tree. That’s the dog that fella needed.

The dog was a sad loss.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Follow up to the dog shooting.

I guess it is legal to taze a guy walking away as no charges were filed.

And the dog was doing what an untrained good dog does even if it was a pit.

https://news4sanantonio.com/news/local/balcones-heights-officers-animal-shooting-caught-on-bodycam#

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Do the cops get to keep the dog, have it mounted and placed on the wall of the precinct?

A trophy is a trophy.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
We had a situation where a man's dog bit a neighbor and a deputy came and killed it and then had the owner cut its own dogs head off

Story

"A police report said that the owner of the dog or a veterinarian needed to cut the head off the dog so it could be tested for rabies. When he heard that, Godwin began cursing and Hollis said "you're not fixing to talk to me or my deputies like that," according to a police report the Telegraph said.

Godwin he said he didn’t have a knife to do it with. He told the Telegraph the deputies gave him the option of paying a veterinarian to cut the dog’s head off, but with Christmas around the corner money was tight.

The girlfriend wound up removing the dog’s head with a kitchen knife while Godwin and one of the deputies gave her instructions, the Telegraph reported. A video showed that she put the dog’s head in a white, plastic bag. The investigator told her to deliver it to the health department that night. She took it there at 7 p.m. and said she cried all the way."

Last edited by killerv; 12/13/23.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by killerv
We had a situation where a man's dog bit a neighbor and a deputy came and killed it and then had the owner cut its own dogs head off

Story

"A police report said that the owner of the dog or a veterinarian needed to cut the head off the dog so it could be tested for rabies. When he heard that, Godwin began cursing and Hollis said "you're not fixing to talk to me or my deputies like that," according to a police report the Telegraph said.

Godwin he said he didn’t have a knife to do it with. He told the Telegraph the deputies gave him the option of paying a veterinarian to cut the dog’s head off, but with Christmas around the corner money was tight.

The girlfriend wound up removing the dog’s head with a kitchen knife while Godwin and one of the deputies gave her instructions, the Telegraph reported. A video showed that she put the dog’s head in a white, plastic bag. The investigator told her to deliver it to the health department that night. She took it there at 7 p.m. and said she cried all the way."
Cop got it mounted.

IC B3

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Sounds to me like it was probably a beef between driver and guy with dog, guy with dog hits others car with fist, guy gets out, gets punched, cops see the whole thing and go after guy with dog, dog and guy try to run, cop taser dog owner several times because he was fighting, dog gets into it , like any good dog would, but ends up dead, probably two Mexican’s doing what they do and a pit gets wasted. Good day in the neighborhood

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My neighbor had a Rottweiler that lunged at a woman cop, was shot, and ran away.
The local news parked a van with satellite uplink and generator running all night long.
I ran across the dog limping home the next day and called the police.
Animal control and police vehicles sped to the scene.
I complained to the police, "Lunged? I have been bitten 3 times by dogs in this city, and never shot any of them."
A policeman screamed in my face, "AND YOU HAD BETTER NOT!"

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
Normally to test for rabies they quarantine for 10 days or so I think. As to the dog shooting and owner tazeing I can't say. I wasn't there but I will opine. It costs nothing to be courteous and comply with police requests or demands. Being combative is just going to escalate the situation. Police are human and I'm sure some do make mistakes. That dog would likely be alive if the man hadn't walked away and set in motion a situation that got out of control. Pit Bull dogs have a bad reputation in the first place. I'm not a cop but if one came charging at me and I had a pistol out I'd probably have shot the bugger too.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
if the purpose of tazing someone is to make that person unable to do anything, just how in the hell, does the cop expect the dogs owner to control his dog after he zapps him?"

there is no man more free than he who has nothing left to lose --unknown--
" If it bleeds we can kill it" Conan The Barbarian
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
The the video of the incident on the new last night.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 1beaver_shooter
if the purpose of tazing someone is to make that person unable to do anything, just how in the hell, does the cop expect the dogs owner to control his dog after he zapps him?"

With the "zap and shoot" policy.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I moved here this past June and must be something in the water. It's technically inside a city but we have deer turkeys neighbors on both sides have chickens and grandchildren. Amazingly when the thug hoodlifers up the road get a new Pit or Rott or whatever it's found in a ditch deceased. Nobody knows anything.

Bangflop! another skinning job due to .260 and proper shot placement.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

541 members (1234, 204guy, 1beaver_shooter, 219 Wasp, 219DW, 1badf350, 51 invisible), 2,376 guests, and 1,158 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,765
Posts18,515,337
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.