Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by navlav8r
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by navlav8r
BB gun…

did you not see this in my post?

I'd shoot the sonsabishes with the pellet rifle but I'm playing the lead role in The One Armed Man show right now and only have the use of the dumb left one which goes with the poor vision left eye.

I actually tried to aim the pellet rifle the other day but between having to shoot off the wrong side and having to use the bad eye I knew that wouldn't work.

might pick up a bb pistol to try though

I saw it. To me a BB gun isn’t the same as a pellet rifle…
you're correct, they're not quite the same.

either way, I'll have a hard time aiming the thing. Doc says I can take the sling off in another week or two and start exercising the arm. If the trap fails to do what I want done, the birds will get shot by springtime...........just as the starlings are every year

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
GB1

Valsdad Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by slumlord
anyone tried them? preferred brand?

Have a sparrow problem in the chicken Gulag. little fuggers taking up residence in the coop and eating the hens' food.

I'd shoot the sonsabishes with the pellet rifle but I'm playing the lead role in The One Armed Man show right now and only have the use of the dumb left one which goes with the poor vision left eye.

looking at this one now

https://www.wildlifecontrolsupplies.com/animal/WCSKBSPWT.html

So use a shotgun

Sheeesh

maybe i can figure out a miniaturized punt gun to mount where i can pull a string and blast 'em from the convenience of my recliner while watching Bonanza reruns?

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

Valsdad Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Southerntier8
I have one of these:

https://sparrowtraps.net

I caught 40 - 50 the year before last. I'm not sure how well it would work in your situation. If you could get one in it, it will bring in a bunch more. Then you have to keep four or five in it to act as decoys. It works greats but is like having pet birds for a while.
Thanks

In it is contentment

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by slumlord
anyone tried them? preferred brand?

Have a sparrow problem in the chicken Gulag. little fuggers taking up residence in the coop and eating the hens' food.

looking at this one now

https://www.wildlifecontrolsupplies.com/animal/WCSKBSPWT.html

So use a shotgun

Sheeesh

maybe i can figure out a miniaturized punt gun to mount where i can pull a string and blast 'em from the convenience of my recliner while watching Bonanza reruns?

Potato gun packed with landscape pea gravel

Cmon man

Lay 3 down togther like a Columbiad array 😂

Valsdad Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
if i could bait them all into one spot i might be able to come up with some sort of 'sploshun from the muzzleloader supplies

In it is contentment

IC B2

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I have one of these:

I caught 40 - 50 the year before last. I'm not sure how well it would work in your situation. If you could get one in it, it will bring in a bunch more. Then you have to keep four or five in it to act as decoys. It works greats but is like having pet birds for a while.

I've been using the same for years. It works great. I usually catch between 100 to 200 most years. You are right. once you catch one, others will come to check out the first one and then get caught themselves, There have been times there have been 20 to 25 sparrows at once in it.

3825 24336
Valsdad Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Cretch
I have one of these:

I've been using the same for years. It works great. I usually catch between 100 to 200 most years. You are right. once you catch one, others will come to check out the first one and then get caught themselves, There have been times there have been 20 to 25 sparrows at once in it.
Watched a couple of youtube vids and read some reviews.

I think you guys have ,me convinced

In it is contentment

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Occasionally I will catch birds other than sparrows, But it is usually easy to reach in the access door and reach in and catch and release the unwanted bird. If you can find it, white millet works best as a bait, as it usually doesn't attract the non target birds. I use to be able to buy in bulk at our local Big R store, but not any more. So now I just use what ever I have on hand.

3825 24336
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

109 members (10gaugemag, 7mm_Loco, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 300_savage, 1_deuce, 18 invisible), 14,945 guests, and 1,150 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,228
Posts18,543,978
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.