Word.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Online Shocked
Campfire Outfitter
Carter had been alive for a long ass time and hes on record for what and who has has stood behind. Hes not a good man ffs

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Hammerdown
Originally Posted by HawkI
nuts

Word.

Corrected word.mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Never forget, he was a complete PHONY as president:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...eal-Jimmy-Carter-actually-rude-time.html

EXCLUSIVE: Jimmy Carter's smiling, man-of-the-people image that saw him carry his own luggage was 'all show', say ex-Secret Service agents who claim ex-president was 'rude and short' and 'talked down' to soldiers

Ronald Kessler is a former Washington Post and Wall Street Journal investigative reporter and New York Times bestselling author of books on the White House, Secret Service, FBI, and CIA

As revealed in my 2014 book, The First Family Detail: Secret Service Agents Reveal the Hidden Lives of the Presidents, agents actually knew Carter as a great actor in the public eye.

He cultivated the image of a jolly populist who grew up on a farm in Georgia, helped run his family's peanut business, and championed the working man.

The presidency 'is a place of compassion,' Carter famously said in accepting his nomination for a second term at the 1980 Democratic National Convention.

'My own heart is burdened for the troubled Americans. The poor and the jobless and the afflicted...' he added.

But behind the scenes, it was a different story.

In fact, 'Carter was just very short and rude most of the time,' according to one Secret Service agent.

'With agents, he'd just pretend like you were not around. You'd say hello, and he'd just look at you, like you weren't there, like you were bothering him.'

Carter actually told Secret Service agents and uniformed officers he did not want them to greet him on his way to the Oval Office.

It was apparently too much bother for him to have to say hello back to another human being.

It's ironic that after he left the White House Carter became a true humanitarian.

He established the Carter Center to promote human rights - even earning a Nobel Peace Prize in 2002. He was also dedicated to the nonprofit Habitat for Humanity and he and wife Rosalynn were known to strap on their own tool belts to help build affordable homes.

But in White House years Carter was known by agents as aloof and unapproachable and apparently did not have much use for the military either.

Although he was a Naval Academy graduate himself, he 'talked down to the military, just talked like they didn't know what they were talking about,' one agent said.

'Carter didn't want military aides to wear uniforms,' former agent Cliff Baranowski recalled.

His icy demeanor would make him the most detested commander-in-chief by Secret Service agents of all US presidents in recent memory.

Agent John Piasecky was on Carter's detail for three and a half years, which included seven months of driving him in the presidential limousine.

Aside from giving directions, Carter never spoke to him, he says.

Carter tried to project an image of himself as a man of the people by carrying his own luggage when traveling. But that was another charade.

When he was a candidate in 1976, Carter would carry his own bags when the press was around but would ask the Secret Service to carry them the rest of the time.

As president, Carter — code-named Deacon — orchestrated more ruses involving his luggage.

'When he was traveling, he would get on the helicopter and fly to Air Force One at Andrews Air Force Base,' says former Secret Service agent Baranowski.

'He would roll up his sleeves and carry his bag over his shoulder, but it was empty.

'He wanted people to think he was carrying his own bag.'

'Carter made a big show about taking a hang-up carry-on out of the trunk of the limo when he'd go someplace, and there was nothing in it,' says another agent who was on his detail.

'It was empty. It was just all show.'

Carter would regularly make a show of arriving early at the Oval Office to call attention to how hard he was working for the American people.

'He would walk into the Oval Office at 6am, do a little work for half an hour, then close the curtains and take a nap,' says Robert B. Sulliman Jr., who was on Carter's detail.

'His staff would tell the press he was working.'

Another Secret Service agent says that at other times, he could see Carter through the Oval Office windows dozing off in his desk chair while ostensibly he was working.

'Carter was a phony, an absolute phony,' an agent says.

'When he was in a bad mood, you didn't want to bring him anything,' a former Secret Service agent says.

'It was this hunkered-down attitude: "I'm running the show." It was as if he didn't trust anyone around him. He had that big smile, but when he was in the White House, it was a different story.'

'The only time I saw a smile on Carter's face was when the cameras were going,' says former agent George Schmalhofer, who was assigned periodically to the Carter detail.

Perhaps because of his aversion to the military, Carter refused to let the military aide with the nuclear football stay in a nearby trailer when visiting his home in Plains, Georgia.

'Carter did not want the nuclear football at Plains,' a former agent says.

'There was no place to stay in Plains. The military wanted a trailer there. He didn't want that. So the military aide had to stay in Americus.'

The town is a 15-minute drive from Carter's home.

'Carter didn't want anyone bothering him on his property,' the former agent explains. 'He wanted his privacy.'

In the event of a nuclear attack, by the time the military aide brought the nuclear football to Carter at his home to launch a counter-strike, the country would have been wiped out by nuclear-tipped missiles.

Terrence Adamson, Carter's lawyer, denied that Carter refused to let the military aide stay near his residence.

But Bill Gulley, who was in charge of the operation as director of the White House Military Office, confirmed it.

After he was voted out of office, Carter occasionally stayed at Blair House, the townhouse the General Services Administration maintains for former presidents across the street from the White House.

The townhouse's walls are adorned with large photos of former presidents.

Checking the premises, GSA managers found that when Carter was visiting, he would take down the photos of Republican presidents Gerald Ford and Richard Nixon and decorate the townhouse with another half-dozen photos of himself.

After each visit, Charles B. 'Buddy' Respass, then the GSA manager in charge of the White House, became irate because GSA had to try to find the old photos and hang them again.

Through his lawyer Adamson, Carter denied this.

But Lucille Price, the GSA manager who reported to Respass, said: 'Carter changed the photos... He didn't like them [Ford and Nixon] looking down at him. We would find out he would put photos of himself up.'

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
To me Carter was the Peanut Farmer.

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by Squidge
He's not looking well.
[Linked Image from nydailynews.com]

Jesus.

[Linked Image from media.tenor.com]

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
In fairness, I don't like most former- or current- US Presidents once I review their actions in detail.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Screwed up royally in Rhodesia.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Given a choice of Jimmy Carter against Joe Biden I'd go with Carter.

Last edited by Armednfree; 12/17/23.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If he dies on Christmas I will be pissed. We get a day off when he cools down..... I already get Christmas.

Originally Posted by BrentD

I would not buy something that runs on any kind of primer given the possibility of primer shortages and even regulations. In fact, why not buy a flintlock? Really. Rocks aren't going away anytime soon.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Many many politicians have screwed America for personal gain.

Carter did not screw America for personal gain.

Carter screwed America because his was an imbecile.

I met Carter when I worked in GA...

He was an arrogant stupid prick.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
My dad wrote some books (and did some bumper stickers) that helped deny Carter a second term...

Carter (in the latter part of his first term) sent dad a signed "Presidential Picture".

Kinda an "in your face Buddy" shot at my dad...

LOL...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Fugg Carter... and the massive harm he did to this country...

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Demotards are all pos why does it surprise anybody that being president doesn't make them any better?

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
Demotards are all pos why does it surprise anybody that being president doesn't make them any better?

It doesn't, it exposes them............

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Tough times for our family business during the Carter Admin years. How Dad kept that place open I have no idea. I never seen Dad scared of anything but he sure looked concerned thst day the newspaper said 18% interest.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by CashisKing
Many many politicians have screwed America for personal gain.

Carter did not screw America for personal gain.

Carter screwed America because his was an imbecile.

I met Carter when I worked in GA...

He was an arrogant stupid prick.
Many who met or worked with him have said the same. Propaganda works. Some have been convinced that he was a super nice,but slightly incompetent, man. What a great guy.

I talked to one of his SS guys who agreed with you and said his public persona was the opposite of what he truly was.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Awww shucks, he sure fooled a few millions Wabigoons.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
If you want to see my 83 year old father quickly go off on an obscenity laced tirade, walk up to him and utter one or both of these names:

Jimmy Carter
Hubert Humphrey

No love lost for either of them to this day. I think you could add 'ol barry mugabe to the mix as well.

"Their minds are dead" - Carmine Ricca
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Hammerdown
If Carter is knockin' on a door, it sure ain't Heaven's door.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

549 members (1OntarioJim, 10gaugeman, 1936M71, 10Glocks, 1minute, 2500HD, 59 invisible), 2,463 guests, and 1,297 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,881
Posts18,518,198
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.