-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Holsters are the hardest thing with firearms to be happy with. I prefer OWB holster. I think IWB conceal better, I just can't make myself get used to them. I have carried for years and it is still a ongoing process with me!

A 380 in my pocket is better than a 45 in my truck!

Violence may not be the best option... but it's still an option.

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet." General James Mad Dog Mattis
GB1

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
For a gun that small there would not be a whole lot of difference between an IWB and an OWB rig, but there still will be some difference. Much depends on both body type as well as they type of clothes worn. This time of year, it really does not matter, as you could conceal pretty much anything with little problem. In July and August when it is 100+ degrees, it is another matter.

For me, I would suggest a Summer Special by Milt Sparks.

Obviously the pic shows a different gun, but you get the idea. Very easy to conceal and carries nicely all year round.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

There is a reason why the Summer Special is copied/ripped off by so many other holster makers and has been for decades. It is a great design that simply works.

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
IWB definitely conceals better for me. The benefit is not limited to lack of visibility below the belt line. IWB pulls the gun closer to the body.

Originally Posted by JOG
Some nice holsters mentioned on this thread, especially the Milt Sparks stuff, if you were looking to carry a larger, heavier pistol. The P365 doesn't need all that beef.

I agree with this. I have a Criterion for my P365 and I don't use it because of that and because it cannot accommodate the optic that I added after receiving the holster. I use a simple Blackhawk Stache that is easily adjustable for cant and ride.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Cheyenne
IWB definitely conceals better for me. The benefit is not limited to lack of visibility below the belt line. IWB pulls the gun closer to the body.
Exactly.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Unless you wear a sport coat/suit jacket all day, I'm not sure how an OWB holster can conceal equally as well as an IWB does. A Sig365 is not a big gun and should not take up too much room in your pants with a good IWB holster. It's almost small enough to fit your pocket.

Outside the belt is reserved for outside in the woods here. Hiking, hunting, fishing, all that stuff gets OWB carry for one reason, my woods guns are bigger 10mm's and not easy fit inside the belt.

Good holsters are hard to find. They all fit us differently and we all have different definitions of what's comfortable. I have huge Tupperware trunk filled with holsters from trial and error. If I had to guess there's over 70 in there. Probably like bra shopping for chicks.

Just don't be that Walmart guy with your Uncle Mikes OWB holster protruding from your sleeveless Ford Trucks t-shirt and sagging Wranglers.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Mountain10mm
Unless you wear a sport coat/suit jacket all day, I'm not sure how an OWB holster can conceal equally as well as an IWB does.

The fact is that it can't. But it can be concealed enough with what many people consider normal attire sans-jacket or coat - which is kind of the point. "Enough" while being more comfortable and arguably quicker access makes a lot of sense.

Just don't be that Walmart guy with your Uncle Mikes OWB holster protruding from your sleeveless Ford Trucks t-shirt and sagging Wranglers.

Amen to that.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
365, IWB G-Code Syncron.

My only IWB, only real holster for this gun.

Too much research, thinking, invested in the holster.
I'm fussy, and tight. Couldn't stand dumping good money into
holsters that don't suit.
I didn't!

Took a little time adjusting cant and position, it was worth it.
Very comfortable. It's there, a bit more than my wallet, the only time
it's ever been uncomfortable is is a chair pinches my spread tire against the butt.

Black holster and gun, because I'm not a peacock, and CCW is supposed to be low key.
Black belt. If I wear a black shirt it doesn't stand out with the shirt tucked behind it.
Hides well tucked inside the shirt or a long tail bloused over it.

IWB vs OWB?

Tuck my shirts, wear a vest or short coat mostly. Often don't even wear
a coat in the winter, preferring short term cold in a parking lot, to long term
hot (or carrying a coat) inside.

OWB, for me, is either open carry or would force clothing changes.

Lotta talk about IWB being difficult or uncomfortable,
that hasn't been my experience.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Don't know if this is an either or decision. I have both and depends on the firearm and the time of the year. I carry more IWB during the summer and OWB this time of year. But I probably pocket carry more and more as it's far more convenient and I do not live in a warzone.

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by wreckster84
Another vote for IWB appendix carry which is what I use on my G48/43X and K6S. But definitely agree OWB is better when concealment is possible.

What holster are you using with your G48?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Found this thread looking for holster ideas for a new S&W Shield Plus, that is, looking for anything better than what I've already used.

Agree that an OWB holster is far more comfortable than IWB. In Idaho we can open carry but for various reasons I don't like to go openly strapped at the grocery store so use an IWB.

To be comfortable, for me at least, an IWB holster has to be as thin and minimalist as possible. For the last few years I've used a kydex holster from PJ Holsters to hold a Sig P365XL. Tried a Crossdraw but it was too big and too busy. Had tried a clipdraw with a Kahr some years ago, just a little clip glued to the slide is certainly minimalist but isn't very secure.

Bought a PJ IWB and it's been just right. Nothing but a simple molded kydex pouch and a small belt clip. Don't carry around the house, just when I go out, so something easy to slip on and take off was a criterion. The pistol stays put and the holster won't come out accidentally, you have to pull up deliberately on the belt clip. Something like this might not work that well for a bigger pistol but it's fine for these sub or micro-compacts.

Their pictures are formatted to prevent copying to other sites but here's a link that shows them. The second pic down shows the type of belt clip I use.

PJ Holsters

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Mountain10mm
Unless you wear a sport coat/suit jacket all day, I'm not sure how an OWB holster can conceal equally as well as an IWB does. A Sig365 is not a big gun and should not take up too much room in your pants with a good IWB holster. It's almost small enough to fit your pocket.

Outside the belt is reserved for outside in the woods here. Hiking, hunting, fishing, all that stuff gets OWB carry for one reason, my woods guns are bigger 10mm's and not easy fit inside the belt.

Good holsters are hard to find. They all fit us differently and we all have different definitions of what's comfortable. I have huge Tupperware trunk filled with holsters from trial and error. If I had to guess there's over 70 in there. Probably like bra shopping for chicks.

^^^THIS!!!^^^

Unless I’m out hunting, fishing, or working at the ranch, I use a minimalist type IWB kydex holster to carry either my Sig P365 or Springfield HellCat.

This is the model that I’ve found that works the best for me:

https://www.scheels.com/p/desantis-...ource=bing&utm_term=4584894776803175

Like MM stated, if I’m outside working, hunting, or fishing, I usually pack a bigger handgun in a OWB holster. Usually leather of some type like a Galco Concealable or a El Paso Saddlery “pancake” style holster.
And it is usually a Glock 20 10mm, Glock 32 in .357 Sig, or a full sized 1911 in either 45 acp or 10mm

If I’m packing a larger single action big bore revolver, like a Ruger BlackHawk in 45 Colt, or a Super BlackHawk, in 44 mag, than I prefer a more traditional western style holster, like a El Paso Saddlery in their Tom Threeperson’s model / line of holsters.

Walmart bubba’s with their Uncle Mikes OWB type holster is one of my big pet peeves. 😡

Last edited by chlinstructor; 01/19/24.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
The most important thing is have a gun that no one knows about until you decide they need to know your armed. Last, as long as you can draw the weapon when needed as fast as needed then the rest don't matter. Many options in holsters to fit the many tastes and body types out there. with some effort all of us can be happy and confident while armed. OWB or IWB makes no never mind.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by cs2blue
The most important thing is have a gun that no one knows about until you decide they need to know your armed. Last, as long as you can draw the weapon when needed as fast as needed then the rest don't matter. Many options in holsters to fit the many tastes and body types out there. with some effort all of us can be happy and confident while armed. OWB or IWB makes no never mind.

Most important thing is to be armed. ALWAYS. 👍🏻

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Good post and spot on....

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Redneck
Good post and spot on....

👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Remember the belt not just the holster. A wide stiff belt makes either type less visible under clothing by pulling the rig in and keeping it tight to the body and in place.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by shootem
Remember the belt not just the holster. A wide stiff belt makes either type less visible under clothing by pulling the rig in and keeping it tight to the body and in place.
THAT!

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Redneck
Originally Posted by shootem
THAT!

Somewhere on here 458win posted a picture of his daughter with her .357 carried strong side in a belt slide type holster, the type with a forward angle and belt holes front and rear. “Normal” rigging is belt through the real hole inserted from the face of the holster, under the pocket, and up thru the front hole to the belt loops and buckle.

But she had the belt coming from the back of the holster thru the rear loop, OVER THE REVOLVER POCKET, then down thru the front hole to the buckle. I tried each way to compare and her way is more, and very very, secure. It takes out the “flop” of the leather holster of that hi-ride design.

Lots of little nuances to improve carry.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

615 members (160user, 1Longbow, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 06hunter59, 12344mag, 63 invisible), 2,385 guests, and 1,298 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,198
Posts18,524,104
Members74,030
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.