Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
L
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
I see the functionality of the stock is missed on some people and this is probably people that really don't shoot much. one of the biggest shortcomings of the first generation is the stock is way too low on the cheek piece area for the height of the rail. now you can buy some different attachments and get rid of the rail and help the situation but you need to carefully mount Scopes to line up and have a good cheek weild.. whether you like the appearance or not is personal preference I reckon but there is some of that is very practical. but if you shoot five shots a year you probably don't understand..

HR IC

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by ldholton
I see the functionality of the stock is missed on some people and this is probably people that really don't shoot much. one of the biggest shortcomings of the first generation is the stock is way too low on the cheek piece area for the height of the rail. now you can buy some different attachments and get rid of the rail and help the situation but you need to carefully mount Scopes to line up and have a good cheek weild.. whether you like the appearance or not is personal preference I reckon but there is some of that is very practical. but if you shoot five shots a year you probably don't understand..

Exactly

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
I like it and it does have some true improvements. Well done Ruger.👍

Liberalism is a cancer
Support Christian Family values
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H

Would look better if dropped in a Magpul stock.

L
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by hookeye

Would look better if dropped in a Magpul stock.

I also have a few of them. and they work at their best with the AI magazines

IC B2

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Some serious turd polishing going on there...

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
L
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by ingwe
of anybody I figured you would be appreciative do some of the advances they made..
to e each their own...

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
LGS just ordered one in 7-08 already sold it before it came in. Luckily Ill get to shoot it some, buddy bought it.

I picked up a Gen1 SS 7-08 off here that shoots better than any 7-08 Ive had except Tikka

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
of anybody I figured you would be appreciative do some of the advances they made..
to e each their own...

If I saw any advances, I would appreciate them....

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I wonder what the barrel length is without the break, I’d just put a thread protector on it but don’t want a sub20 barrel

Last edited by msuhunter; 12/18/23.
IC B3

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Ruger really should've just went stainless. As for the stock I'm betting it's much better that the original. Safety looks like a nice upgrade. Cost is too high for what it is.

They're offering some new 77 Hawkeye. FTW model for lefties. MSRP is at $1999🙄.

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
I keep hoping and emailing them about an “American” in the hornet family of cartridges but once again no dice.
I’m probably the oddball who wants an entry level 17H (but not a savage).

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J

No doubt the stock is too low with the rail, so I eliminated the rail and all is fine.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
They are going to sell a gazillion of the 450BM and 350L rifles. Gen 1's are in every household here in Michigan already, I can't imagine how many Gen 2's will be sold, based on the upgrades and looks alone.

All of the competitors in that "budget" rifle market better step it up or they are going to be screwed.

I really think some of you guys living in the western states don't understand the sheer number of straight wall rifles that are sold here in the Great Lakes area. It's way more than the standard calibers. Michigan alone is selling $600,000 deer licenses a year, staggering number.

Last edited by cooperfan; 12/19/23.
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
223 and 5.56 are twisted 1:8. I could see me buying a Ranch model in 5.56 or one of the ARCs.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
to e each their own...

If I saw any advances, I would appreciate them....

If I wanted a straight wall case Ruger I'd have gotten the #1 in .450 BM.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
https://ruger.com/micros/newProducts/

there's some good looking guns if they'll perform at dollar per price point like the standard ones they're going to be awesome

Your link doesn’t work, I couldn’t find any good looking guns in this one…

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by shrapnel
https://ruger.com/micros/newProducts/

there's some good looking guns if they'll perform at dollar per price point like the standard ones they're going to be awesome

Your link doesn’t work, I couldn’t find any good looking guns in this one…

You are on a roll!

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by cooperfan
They are going to sell a gazillion of the 450BM and 350L rifles. Gen 1's are in every household here in Michigan already, I can't imagine how many Gen 2's will be sold, based on the upgrades and looks alone.

All of the competitors in that "budget" rifle market better step it up or they are going to be screwed.

I really think some of you guys living in the western states don't understand the sheer number of straight wall rifles that are sold here in the Great Lakes area. It's way more than the standard calibers. Michigan alone is selling $600,000 deer licenses a year, staggering number.

Probably not many. The 450s have been out several years, and in Michigan many variations and special runs were/are available through Randy's in Bad Axe. Ruger screwed the 350s by using AR mags, and butchering the bolt body to make the mag work. If they don't change the magazine to a simple plastic stack magazine like the 450 uses, there will be no draw for new buyers. Most hunters don't want AR or AICS magazines to hunt with.

How many that already have 350s and 450s are going to sell them to buy the Gen2 or just buy a Gen2 as a second one? Maybe some, but not a lot.
Yes, the new 400 is cataloged now by Ruger. 2 models, again probably using AR magazines. Another fail.
In another month, Winchester will announce probably 20+ different variations in 400 Legend.
Savage and Mossberg 400s are already out on shelves.

The competition has no worries. In fact, the competition will probably get more sales because of these new Ruger models.
Winchester also introduced left hand 350 models, and will have a left hand 400. Something Ruger has refused to do.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
I was thinking the gen 1 was getting pricey for what they were, & the gen II uglier & up $110. eek

Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

531 members (12344mag, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 1936M71, 16penny, 1234, 56 invisible), 2,271 guests, and 1,314 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,391
Posts18,488,706
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.