Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by TLB2
My Mag fits tight so has to be pulled out . Release has a fairly stiff spring. Way better than the Howa mini's.

Do you pull the release lever rearward or push it forward?

HR IC

T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
My Mag fits tight so has to be pulled out . Release has a fairly stiff spring. Way better than the Howa mini's.

Forward towards mag

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Today's pig is tomorrow's classic. Can you guys believe that the clean, simple lines of these beauties were once thought of as "garish"?!

[Linked Image from cdn.rockislandauction.com]

[Linked Image from image.invaluable.com]

[Linked Image from ctfirearmsauction.com]

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by EIB0879
Waiting to see how low the Gen 1s can get.

Me too! I thought $100 was kinda low. What I paid for mine.

L
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
not 100% sure which magazine type you're talking about. but on the mini howa I had one of them several years ago now in a 223 and the one thing I hated about it you could easily bump the magazine release if it was long over your back and lose that proprietary magazine and they weren't real cheap one of the biggest reasons mine went down the road. and the fact that did not like the little bitty freaking bolt handle

call my American AR and AI type magazines you have to push a little lever right in front of the trigger guard just forward and I've never had any issues of accidentally releasing the magazine

Last edited by ldholton; 12/24/23.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

Forward towards mag

That's good news.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
The ar mag setup ruins it for me.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
Today's pig is tomorrow's classic. Can you guys believe that the clean, simple lines of these beauties were once thought of as "garish"?!

Pretty sure those are still garish.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Maxwell
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho

Pretty sure those are still garish.

Does "garish" mean they look like dog schidt? If so, you are damn straight. Garish to the max...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Well it did fairly good. Shoots factory 140 Fusions 3 shots in .358 with only 4 rds through barrel @100 yards
Scope is a 3-10x40 Bushnell elite 3200
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Looks like it shoots pretty damn well. Thanks for sharing.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
IC B3

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
A few years ago I bought a new Ruger RAR in 6mm Creedmoor. Wanted it for a antelope rifle. Had to send it back to Ruger for being short chambered. Just 1 dummy round run thru it would have shown them it was defective before it left the factory. No quality control what so ever. Got it back in a month rebarreled. At least 1 other fire member wasn't as lucky and had to wait multiple months for his to be fixed and sent back. What if I had actually needed that rifle to use for a hunt ? Ruger can go f u ck themselves. They don't have anything I need ever again...mb

Last edited by Magnum_Bob; 12/25/23.

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
A few years ago I bought a new Ruger RAR in 6mm Creedmoor. Wanted it for a antelope rifle. Had to send it back to Ruger for being short chambered. Just 1 dummy round run thru it would have shown them it was defective before it left the factory. No quality control what so ever. Got it back in a month rebarreled. At least 1 other fire member wasn't as lucky and had to wait multiple months for his to be fixed and sent back. What if I had actually needed that rifle to use for a hunt ? Ruger can go f u ck themselves. They don't have anything I need ever again...mb

Why would Ruger have a QC department when they have customers that do the QC work for them?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob

good lord, what is wrong with you

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Unfortunately, that sort of thing happens all the time these days, and not just with Rugers. I watch a bunch of reviews, every day, and it’s amazing how often guns sent out by the manufactures simply fail right out of the box. Sometimes they need a break-in, but others simply don’t work, and a couple recently still didn’t work after a ride home for repair. As troublesome as it is for consumers to ship firearms back these days, it’s really irksome how little care is often taken to get things right. It is a good argument for buying from a dealer rather than web-shopping for the absolute lowest price, provided one picks a good dealer of course. It’s also a good case for buying good quality guns of yore, when such problems were much rarer, almost unheard of IME.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Unfortunately, that sort of thing happens all the time these days, and not just with Rugers. I watch a bunch of reviews, every day, and it’s amazing how often guns sent out by the manufactures simply fail right out of the box. Sometimes they need a break-in, but others simply don’t work, and a couple recently still didn’t work after a ride home for repair. As troublesome as it is for consumers to ship firearms back these days, it’s really irksome how little care is often taken to get things right. It is a good argument for buying from a dealer rather than web-shopping for the absolute lowest price, provided one picks a good dealer of course. It’s also a good case for buying good quality guns of yore, when such problems were much rarer, almost unheard of IME.

You are right in that it's not just Ruger. Ruger is certainly well represented though. Reading around online, it's almost like Smith and Wesson and Colt unlearned how to make a good revolver. Tikka certainly seems to have it figured out.

T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
I ordered a thread protector for my Gen 2 from Down Range Products. I dont like brakes except for bench shooting.
Need to see how it shoots with the Silcerco Harvester also

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
The two S&W autos I bought last year run perfectly. Got one more on the way, tied up in a bankruptcy, but hopefully will arrive soon.

I think I have my PITA LCP2 .22 fixed, though it lost the empty-mag lock-back feature in the process. It came very close to becoming the Property of the Shenandoah River.

What fresh Hell is this?
P
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
P
Good to see the Gen II’s at least shoot well.

Hard to blame folks for skirting products the have bad luck with (and I have several Rugers in the safe).

Everyone around here kinda worships at the altar of Redding. I’m two for four with their junk (junk that’s “within spec” mind you) so I get it…..

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Well it did fairly good. Shoots factory 140 Fusions 3 shots in .358 with only 4 rds through barrel @100 yards
Scope is a 3-10x40 Bushnell elite 3200
Can't complain on that accuracy....I would just lke to see a one piece stock.

HMM-161, HMM-364
Semper Fi Brothers
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Pappy348
It came very close to becoming the Property of the Shenandoah River.

lololol

Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

471 members (007FJ, 160user, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 10ring1, 42 invisible), 2,193 guests, and 1,167 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,377
Posts18,488,476
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.