Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
A few years ago I bought a new Ruger RAR in 6mm Creedmoor. Wanted it for a antelope rifle. Had to send it back to Ruger for being short chambered. Just 1 dummy round run thru it would have shown them it was defective before it left the factory. No quality control what so ever. Got it back in a month rebarreled. At least 1 other fire member wasn't as lucky and had to wait multiple months for his to be fixed and sent back. What if I had actually needed that rifle to use for a hunt ? Ruger can go f u ck themselves. They don't have anything I need ever again...mb

Sounds like what happened with me and a Kimber Montana... would not even chamber any factory ammo...

The worst thing ever to happen to cops is the personal video recorder... Now people can see the truth
HR IC

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Sako
A few years ago I bought a new Ruger RAR in 6mm Creedmoor. Wanted it for a antelope rifle. Had to send it back to Ruger for being short chambered. Just 1 dummy round run thru it would have shown them it was defective before it left the factory. No quality control what so ever. Got it back in a month rebarreled. At least 1 other fire member wasn't as lucky and had to wait multiple months for his to be fixed and sent back. What if I had actually needed that rifle to use for a hunt ? Ruger can go f u ck themselves. They don't have anything I need ever again...mb

Sounds like what happened with me and a Kimber Montana... would not even chamber any factory ammo...

I was one of those members, but Ruger did resolve it.
Mine wouldn't chamber factory Hornady 108 but after the rebarrel it's fixed plus it's accurate as heck.

Last edited by Remington280; 12/25/23.

HMM-161, HMM-364
Semper Fi Brothers
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

Why would Ruger have a QC department when they have customers that do the QC work for them?

My buddy still has the 6.5 Creedmoor RAR predator with a bad chamber. It shoots, but the chamber is so rough that it screws up his brass. I told him to send it back, but he remembers when he sent in his RAR 223 for accuracy issues, and they gave him a ration of schidt. He says he'll probably never buy another RAR, and just stick to Savage because they have much better customer service.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Good customer service is definitely very important!

Liberalism is a cancer
Support Christian Family values
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Ruger warranty- all good here. Fast and easy.

HMM-161, HMM-364
Semper Fi Brothers
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

Why would Ruger have a QC department when they have customers that do the QC work for them?

My buddy still has the 6.5 Creedmoor RAR predator with a bad chamber. It shoots, but the chamber is so rough that it screws up his brass. I told him to send it back, but he remembers when he sent in his RAR 223 for accuracy issues, and they gave him a ration of schidt. He says he'll probably never buy another RAR, and just stick to Savage because they have much better customer service.

The past two Hawkeyes that I bought would gouge the hell out of brass. The best customer service that Ruger could possibly provide would be to build guns that don't need problem resolution. That said, when I have needed problem resolution from Ruger in the past, they were very good.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

The past two Hawkeyes that I bought would gouge the hell out of brass. The best customer service that Ruger could possibly provide would be to build guns that don't need problem resolution. That said, when I have needed problem resolution from Ruger in the past, they were very good.

This is just what I can relay from my buddy. He said they were too lippy, gave him a hard time about some defects the rifle had. When he deals with Savage, they have been very accommodating and cordial. Even going above and beyond, to make him happy. Now, that is the way customer service should be.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Some companies just have better quality control....Ruger along with others need attention.
My Bergara would also gouge the hell out of the brass but that was the least of my issues including accuracy problems and my rifle arrived without the brass extractor in the bolt.
Of course Bergara resolved the issues, replaced the barrel and installed the extractor.
Rifle finally shot good 6 months later... unfortunately that rifle went down the road.
My recent Bergara 280 ai is the premiere mountain with no issues.
Production rifles are just that!

HMM-161, HMM-364
Semper Fi Brothers
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by TLB2
Well it did fairly good. Shoots factory 140 Fusions 3 shots in .358 with only 4 rds through barrel @100 yards
Scope is a 3-10x40 Bushnell elite 3200
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

"You make a sweet noise there partner"

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Do they all come standard with the loudener screwed on the end? Seems a bit unnecessary for the calibers they offer.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by stratton
Guess I was just lucky. All of mine feed fine. Rotary, AI or AR style mags, zero feeding issues.

Ditto

I have gen 1 predators in.....
450 Bushmaster
7.62x39mm
6.5 Grendel ---- just got it
6.5 Creed
6.5 PRC---go wild

no rotary mags on these.

https://thehandloadinglog.wordpress.com
μολὼν λαβέ

"Weatherby was too long so I nicknamed it "Bee""
L
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
have spoke with three different shops all within a reasonable driving distance to me that got some of the Gen 2 rifles in and they were all sold from a few hours took a couple days they are now completely out of stock and got more ordered.
tell us another pretty popular.. I'm sure we'll start seeing reviews on YouTube and what have you seen and some guys on here I'm sure we'll get some soon and get report to if they did good or not..

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Picked up one in 556 today. First one store got in. Been wanting a bolt 556/223 and almost bought a used 1st gen a couple weeks ago. Glad i waited. 550 plus tax

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Ruger American Gen II, Standard, 20" bbl version in 450 Bushmaster came home with me Christmas Eve. I figured I was a good boy . . . . .

I never thought I'd grow up to be a grumpy old man, but I did, and I'm killin' it.
H
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by killerv
Picked up one in 556 today. First one store got in. Been wanting a bolt 556/223 and almost bought a used 1st gen a couple weeks ago. Glad i waited. 550 plus tax

I’ve been looking at the Gen 1 556. What are your first impressions of the Gen 2? Shot it yet?

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by NMiller
Do they all come standard with the loudener screwed on the end? Seems a bit unnecessary for the calibers they offer.

lol, I hate them loudeners also

but yeah...they must come with a dust cap, be pretty bad if they didn't

at least if threaded you can remove the loudener and put on a quietener smile

not something us Canadians can do unfortunately...dust caps only for us frown

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by NMiller

I won’t buy a non threaded barrel anymore. Too much of a pia to mail it off and pay the $130 to get it threaded.

P
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
P
I suspect if you screw the supplied loudener to the left, it will come off. Granted, they could've made it an option and knocked off a few bucks.

I had about made my mind up to wait on a .22 ARC Howa Mini (w/a B&C M40), that said, the thought of the16" Ranch ARC with my suppressor on the end of it continues to intrigue. A bit discouraged over reports of the limp noodle stock, but still looking forward to seeing how they actually shoot.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
The Ruger Gen II shoot and function well and are accurate, we have 4 of the 6.5 CM 20" barrel with Dead Air Suppressors, they are what they are an inexpensive rifle. Rio7

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Looks like they're vibratory polishing the gen2 bolts in ceramic media, final finish.

He specifically said "non-zippy bolt". Good mercan terminology. These fkn window lickers have finally became self-aware, about how the shooting world perceives their disrespectful lack of final fit and finish!

Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

505 members (007FJ, 1lesfox, 1234, 1OntarioJim, 160user, 17CalFan, 47 invisible), 2,350 guests, and 1,216 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,378
Posts18,488,518
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.