D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by longshot3
Here's the whole side.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Love it. Details on color?

Don't speculate when you don't know, and don't second guess when you do.
HR IC

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by drano 25
Here's the whole side.

Love it. Details on color?

Just a guess here but, green, gray, and orange.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Yes, flat primer gray, olive camo Green, and Warm Caramel.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Yes, flat primer gray, olive camo Green, and Warm Caramel.

Thank you

Don't speculate when you don't know, and don't second guess when you do.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I ordered one and couldn't tell that it was a "second". Just got done with the paint yesterday. 6.5 Grendel with Wayne York bottom metal.

What height of the Talley's?

NRA Endowed Patron Life Benefactor
GOA Life Member
TSRA Life Member
NSCA Life Member
IC B2

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Just placed an order for a Stockys sporter CF second. They gave a $60 off of reg price of $299 for total of $239 before s/h. They show it as a back order but last time I ordered a second that showed back order I got it in a week. Fingers Crossed !!!

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by TxJW
Just placed an order for a Stockys sporter CF second. They gave a $60 off of reg price of $299 for total of $239 before s/h. They show it as a back order but last time I ordered a second that showed back order I got it in a week. Fingers Crossed !!!

Where did you find this deal?!? I'd take 3 of 'em at that price!

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
fack me, I bought a 'new version' and it was sad...would hate to see the factory seconds, contemplate at the very least refinishing the stock yourself if you want something resembling their asking price, mine came poorly finished to unfinished around the recoil pad, and most of the stock has porous sections as if they didn't let the final coatings sink in long enough to ensure good before shipping it out the door...will not spend another dollar with these guys, good thing its on the biggest money pit in my safe that I'll smile every time the kids drop it etc.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Darryle
I ordered one and couldn't tell that it was a "second". Just got done with the paint yesterday. 6.5 Grendel with Wayne York bottom metal.

What height of the Talley's?

I have the low Talleys for my mini grendel and this stocky's stock and it's still not low enough imo, I like to get down, I think I found the ultimate low and cheek alignment with Burris xtb steel bases and weaver 1" detach top mount low rings...I actually like my rig now. Just put a leupold fx2 2.5x ultralight on mine and have both Jefferson hinged and cz detach mag kits and will run the detach mag kit. My mini is slabbed/fluted and 22" sporter cut back to 18.5", -3.0 oz came out of action/bolt. Bare rifle 4 lb 10.5 oz with the 3.0 oz Jefferson hinged (same weight as factory plastic bottom end/mag), the cz kit with magazine is 4.5 oz heavier, I added a 1/2 oz single slot weaver base to tip of stock ahead of sling for putting night light on (o-light baldr type work great) and SAP 2 round shell holder on stock is another 1/2 oz, the weaver detach top mount 1" low are around 2.5 oz and the xtb bases around 1/2 oz each maybe 1.5 for the pair. Currently it sits at 5 lb 10 oz with the leupold etc. Best place to see it is instagram at 65grendelhunters

D
djb Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I just got a 2nds too. It has a few rough patches and the 1/2 recoil as provided is poor. I wanted a longer LOP so ordered a 1 inch decelerator which it will be ground to fit. Some sanding, paint, and bedding will make it a very nice stock. It's 16 oz w/o pad. I feel the 2nd is a fair deal for $300 shipped and Kim was very nice. I would not want to pay $700 for the 'normal' finished product.

The truth angers those whom it does not convince
IC B3

B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
I need to get one but evertime I look I can't find a 2nd. Even the firsts look like about a $300 stock tops so I'm not wanting to pay $600 for a first. I'm still mentally adjusting to the fact that $600 doesn't by near what it did 3 years ago.

I just paid $18 for a bowel of Pho' and $16 for a 10" Ban mi sandwich last night. The restaurant was pretty packed but everyone else in the restaurant besides us were college students. Most people can't or won't afford an $18 bowel of soup and a $16 sandwich but those students are flush with student loan cash that the regime says they won't have to pay back.

Bb

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Burleyboy
I just paid $18 for a bowel of Pho' and $16 for a 10" Ban mi sandwich last night. The restaurant was pretty packed but everyone else in the restaurant besides us were college students. Most people can't or won't afford an $18 bowel of soup and a $16 sandwich but those students are flush with student loan cash that the regime says they won't have to pay back.
Bb

grin

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Burleyboy
I need to get one but evertime I look I can't find a 2nd. Even the firsts look like about a $300 stock tops so I'm not wanting to pay $600 for a first. I'm still mentally adjusting to the fact that $600 doesn't by near what it did 3 years ago.

Bb

I’ve got a blem that has the cf barrel channel - ended up being more float for a heavy barrel than I wanted. PM if you have any interest.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
No complaints with my factory second. I opened the barrel channel a bit on one side but I think that was an issue with the BA and not the stock as it is uneven in a couple different stocks. Honestly, I am not even sure why they call it a second.

As far as being on backorder, they showed back order when I ordered a while back and still shipped immediately.

Still on the fence with the minis in general. They are cute as hell but the fun stops when trying to load them up with full grown man-hands (I have the Oregun hinged floorplate).

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I have a couple. For the money it is in my opinion the lightest and stiffest stock out there.

If you find yourself in a hole....quit digging
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
I liked the one I picked up for my daughters mini so much I converted one to fit my left hand Forbes 20b!🤣

Last edited by LeftHunter; 12/13/23.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
^ skills.

👍

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
X2 on that! What’s the story on that grip tape? Nice recoil pad work.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Thanks! The grip areas are just Brownells steel bed bedding compound rubbed on with a popsicle stick then dapped with a finger to get the texture. Just put blue tape over the stock and cut out whatever shape you want for the textured areas.

While the recoil pad is not the prettiest I needed extra length without extra weight so I glued 2 flip flops together and epoxied that onto the stock. Weighs 1 ounce for a full 1 inch thick pad. I have more pics of the rifle over in the lefty sub forum

Last edited by LeftHunter; 12/19/23.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

461 members (1beaver_shooter, 1234, 10gaugeman, 1Longbow, 1lessdog, 1minute, 44 invisible), 2,119 guests, and 1,252 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,263
Posts18,504,873
Members73,998
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.