Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
It makes you think real hard about the statement "There are no stupid questions."

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
GB1

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by smokepole
[quote=slumlord]If it's a 12 gauge, can I shoot 16 gauge shells in it?

I've actually seen that done- - - -a guy I used to hunt with cut the plastic off a spent 12 gauge shell and slipped it over the 16 Ga. shell. He chambered and fired it in a H&R single shot. That's one good reason we USED to hunt together. The guy could be the poster child for "You can't fix stupid!" He also fired 44 Mag ammo in a 1917 Colt revolver.

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
It appears that several members here didn’t read or fully understand the OP.

IN AN EMERGENCY , was the question.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Just when I thought the “do you leave your gun in your stand overnight” thread was the stupidest thing I e read on here, this little gem of a topic gets posted.
Place never ceases to amaze……
And to think some of these guys get together for hunts. I think I will stay far away.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by steve4102
It appears that several members here didn’t read or fully understand the OP.

IN AN EMERGENCY , was the question.

The Emergency wasn't ever explained to satisfaction (I may have missed it).

I pick up a 30-06 while someone's breaking into my home but all I have is 308 loaded and ready to go?

Me

IC B2

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
The only story I have is a buddy and his pals were getting ready for deer season and zeroing rifles and consuming a lot of alcohol
Numerous boxes of ammo open on the bench
Plus a green guy shooting
Sticks a 30 carbine round in a 223 and locks it up tight
Hun smith had to unscrew the barrel , luckily it was a savage
Bullet exited barrel , no damage and demolished case
Kenneth

LOL , and he wanted me to test fire it afterwards, that got big FY

Last edited by Kenneth66; 12/28/23.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by smokepole
OK, I'll go with 20 gauge then.
Unless it's a pump and after it's fired the action is worked so the 20 gauge shell is chambered then slides down forward inside the barrel ,the gun doesn't fire, the action is ran again and another shell is chambered and fired, the gun blows up in your hands, and If you are lucky you will still have both hand, and have vision

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
How about we have a massive EMP attack as your emergency? You are separated from your home and family when it happens. You happen to have a 30-06 and half a dozen shells in your now inoperable truck. You have a 100 mile walk back to your home. Everyone is freaking out and [bleep] is getting hairy. You find a box of .308 under your seat that you didn’t know was up under there. Now, isn’t it nice to know that you can shoot that too if you have to pop a cap in some recent migrant who is about to rape some pretty 20 year old girl beside the road?

As for danger of it, what danger? Same size bullet and there will be much less pressure than normal because the case doesn’t make it anywhere near the front of the chamber. No danger at all. Accuracy may suffer.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Joe Bob anyone who drives 100 miles to go hunting and only has 6 shells for his rifle is an idiot, you don't need to worry about. He ain't gonna make the cut he wasn't a boy scout. And shooting 308's in an 06 is stupid.. definetly Darwin at work..mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JoeBob
How about we have a massive EMP attack as your emergency? You are separated from your home and family when it happens. You happen to have a 30-06 and half a dozen shells in your now inoperable truck. You have a 100 mile walk back to your home. Everyone is freaking out and [bleep] is getting hairy. You find a box of .308 under your seat that you didn’t know was up under there. Now, isn’t it nice to know that you can shoot that too if you have to pop a cap in some recent migrant who is about to rape some pretty 20 year old girl beside the road?

As for danger of it, what danger? Same size bullet and there will be much less pressure than normal because the case doesn’t make it anywhere near the front of the chamber. No danger at all. Accuracy may suffer.

Um, in your scenario I have not only my carry gun with a few extra mags, but I usually have a little something else when going 100+ miles from home as well. And that "little something else" has ammo that actually matches the chamber.

IC B3

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by goalie

Um, in your scenario I have not only my carry gun with a few extra mags, but I usually have a little something else when going 100+ miles from home as well. And that "little something else" has ammo that actually matches the chamber.

Way to go, Rambo.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Way to go, Rambo.

Far from it, but I prefer to live by the "better to have and not need than need and not have" motto since "I'll try to shoot .308 outta my 30-06 if I have to" seems like a dumb motto.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Way to go, Rambo.

Far from it, but I prefer to live by the "better to have and not need than need and not have" motto since "I'll try to shoot .308 outta my 30-06 if I have to" seems like a dumb motto.

Okay, boomer.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Okay, boomer.

That's Gen X to you. I'm sorry you're so invested in not being prepared and feel the need to lash out at people that realize life doesn't always go the way you want and plan accordingly

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Teal

I pick up a 30-06 while someone's breaking into my home but all I have is 308 loaded and ready to go?

That ain't an emergency, that's just stupidity. You're looking at Mad Max level scenario before this is even on the radar

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Okay, boomer.

That's Gen X to you. I'm sorry you're so invested in not being prepared and feel the need to lash out at people that realize life doesn't always go the way you want and plan accordingly

I’m sorry you’re a humorless asshat.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I’m sorry you’re a humorless asshat.

I sincerely try not to be. I apologize. But I hope my asshat looks flattering on me. It covers my bald grape.

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Not the same.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Teal

That ain't an emergency, that's just stupidity. You're looking at Mad Max level scenario before this is even on the radar

That's my point. There's really no such thing as "I only have a 30-06 and .308 ammo AND an emergency that requires me to use them together". Whole thing is weird. And the EMP scenario - why would I have a rifle without rounds 100 miles from home AND rounds without rifle 100 miles from home at the same time?

Me

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

100 mile to go hunting would be like 100 miles to go fishing, you take two poles/riles to begin with.

Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

549 members (1minute, 1234, 222Sako, 06hunter59, 163bc, 204guy, 61 invisible), 2,507 guests, and 1,208 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,788
Posts18,515,920
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.