Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Igloo Online Content OP
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
Looking at these two to go on a Tikka in 6.5 CM. The occasional dial to 500 and back for fun, probably never past 300 yards on game...not a lot of long range opportunity or need where i am at.

Aside from the obvious difference (illumination, the center dot of the Trijicon which is attractive) what do you think of the overall quality of each scope?

Thanks all

But I'm a broken man on a Halifax pier,
The last of Barrett's Privateers
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I would guess the Toric might have somewhat better glass, but personally would choose the one with the features and specs best-suited to my expected use, and not sweat quality or durability of either.

Check ER as Trijicons can be lacking there at times.

What fresh Hell is this?
Igloo Online Content OP
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Pappy348
I would guess the Toric might have somewhat better glass, but personally would choose the one with the features and specs best-suited to my expected use, and not sweat quality or durability of either.

Check ER as Trijicons can be lacking there at times.

Thanks Pappy,

I've had the Accupoint and liked it, but curious about the Toric. I take your point though!

Kind of just wondering if theres anything important to know about either that I don't

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Tract has better glass and eye relief imo

There's always hope as long as there's lead in the air.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Whatever happened to the Tract sales guy that blew through here and ran off with his tail tucked between his legs?

IC B2

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Whatever happened to the Tract sales guy that blew through here and ran off with his tail tucked between his legs?

Good question, I have several Toric scopes, but doubt I buy another. The Turion yes, Toric no.

No experience with the Trijicon Accupoint

NRA Endowed Patron Life Benefactor
GOA Life Member
TSRA Life Member
NSCA Life Member
Igloo Online Content OP
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular

Uh oh lol that sounds like it got rough

Originally Posted by Darryle
Good question, I have several Toric scopes, but doubt I buy another. The Turion yes, Toric no.

Were they deficient in some way, or just better scopes out there?

Last edited by Igloo; 12/28/23.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by Igloo

Uh oh lol that sounds like it got rough

The thread about the Tract sales guy is 4 or 5 years old. I run 5 Torics and they are just fine. My nephew’s daughter has my Turion. They think it is just fine. I have no experience with Trijicon and can’t compare them. I would not be surprised if the Trijicon is just fine too.

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
The better question is: Why would one buy a Tract over a Trijicon?…or some other stuff? I’ve just yet to see a good, qualified answer to that. Maybe I missed it.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by Igloo

Looking thru the Turion is leaps and bounds above the Toric 3 - 15, no tight eyebox, no obnoxious tunneling.

They both track and repeat just fine and if you never look thru a Turion side by side with the Toric, you will be happy.

Funny, a scope that was half the cost of the Toric is twice as good. Buy the tall turret kit for the Turion and it exceeds the Toric in every way.

This is my opinion and worth every nickel you paid.

YMMV

GOA Life Member
TSRA Life Member
NSCA Life Member
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by hh4whiskey
The better question is: Why would one buy a Tract over a Trijicon?…or some other stuff? I’ve just yet to see a good, qualified answer to that. Maybe I missed it.

As some, including me, have noted above, the Tract ER is in general better than most Trijicons. I suspect the glass may be as well, but both will do just fine. I” scopes from both have limited erector travel, but sufficient for general use on CF rifles.

Have owned a Tekoa and have a 1” Toric now. Never saw a Turion and they aren’t listed at present, so ain’t in the running. Have three Trijicons at present and had a fourth with a 56mm objective that was a bit much, although the scope was otherwise really nice.

I am impressed with the Trijicon packaging and included goodies: neoprene and see-thru covers, plus a lens pen in the box; nice touches. The Torics OTOH, include a zero-stop turret, as do the Tekoas now and then as Tract chooses. Both lines are AFIK made by LOW, which doesn’t suck. Someday I may pick up a 30mm Toric with the illuminated T-plex, just for fun…..

What fresh Hell is this?
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I have a Toric 4-20x50 and a 4-25x50. The 4-25x50 is heads and shoulders better in the field of view department with no "tunneling". However, it's heavy @ 39 oz and wouldn't consider it for a hunting scope. They both have great glass and controls are nice. I like Tract and would consider another.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I've got a dozen or so Trijicons for deer hunting the last moments of shooting light the same for bears and predators they are the best scope made....i used them since they were first available until another company make radioactive lighted crosshairs I'll keep buying them....using batteries to light crosshairs is primitive and stupid....

Last edited by coyotewacker; 12/29/23.
J
JDK Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I'm in the market for a new scope to put on a 308 and the Accupoint is/was on the short list. Do they really have 2.2 inches of eye relief?

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by JDK
I'm in the market for a new scope to put on a 308 and the Accupoint is/was on the short list. Do they really have 2.2 inches of eye relief?

I have a 3-9 accupoint on a 308 and it is fine and I don't think the eye relief is that short.

J
JDK Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by plumbum
Originally Posted by JDK

I have a 3-9 accupoint on a 308 and it is fine and I don't think the eye relief is that short.

Thank you

Their website says 2.2 to 3.8 inches. I could assume a typo and it is 3.2-3.8.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by JDK

For me, It felt more like 3" on 9x. I don't own one but I've used them. I have multiple 1-4x Accupoints and they have 3.5" give or take.

"Full time night woman? I never could find no tracks on a woman's heart. I packed me a squaw for ten year, Pilgrim. Cheyenne, she were, and the meanest bitch that ever balled for beads."
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by JDK

yeah at 9x it's short, if you catch yourself angled downhill prone while trying to shoot level or slightly uphill which will get you to scope crawl easier than any other way...you can scope yourself, just did it on Boxing Day on my new tikka 308, was mindful after that and got slightly touched only one other time in around 60 shots, total weight 7 lb 4.5 oz, I had barrel shortened, added 5 round mag, added pistol grip, sap 2rnd shell holder and single slot weaver rail to stock for night light and high desert bottom metal, area 419 rail and weaver top mount detach 1" lows (rail has to be filed to clear objective)

don't plan on shooting this on anything but 3x for majority of our hunting so it will be fine and if we want to dial up to use the mil holds for longer shots we know the risk

I would rather an lpvo on it and not sure it will stay this way, it's a back up/loaner to my sako 90 peak so it's fine as is and a really good all-round set up and scope, have the 1-6 accupoint on my sako, just didn't wanna spend that for this tikka but something tells me my brain won't allow it to stay this way. Definitely wouldn't if it was my primary as I'm all about lpvo at the moment.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JDK
Originally Posted by JDK

Thank you

It is not a typo. I just talked to them on Weds about that very subject.

Adversity doesn't build character, it reveals it.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by coyotewacker
I've got a dozen or so Trijicons for deer hunting the last moments of shooting light the same for bears and predators they are the best scope made....i used them since they were first available until another company make radioactive lighted crosshairs I'll keep buying them....using batteries to light crosshairs is primitive and stupid....

Yes and no. A well-designed battery-powered reticle gives you a lot of control, and there are situations where the tritium isn’t bright enough when the fiber-optic isn’t getting enough light, as when in a blind or even just under some sort of cover. Some battery ones are too bright or not bright enough against some backgrounds in bright sun. Overall though, the green dot duplex in the Accupoint 3-9 works pretty damn well. If there’s any skylight, mine have been plenty bright running off the FO; the tritium doesn’t even come into play. Currently, those are my very favorite hunting scopes.

What fresh Hell is this?
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I have both scopes and like both. I think the Tract Torics have a little better glass and definitely more eye relief. That said, I have a Trijicon Accupoint 3-9x40 on a M70 30-06 and have had no problems with eye relief. The 3-9x Trijicon Accupoints are almost 6 oz lighter than the 2-10x Torics so that's quite a bit of a weight difference.

I would say that the choice depends mostly on how you expect to use the scope.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by bwinters
Originally Posted by JDK
Originally Posted by JDK

Thank you

It is not a typo. I just talked to them on Weds about that very subject.

This was covered a while ago and IIRC JB measured one of his and found the eye relief to be greater than the published spec.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Igloo Online Content OP
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
Its definitely longer than published yeah.

Had an Accupoint on a Win 70 30-06 for a while, and a Ruger American. Eye relief was certinaly not best in class but felt no different to a Burris Fullfield or Bushnell Elite to me.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Last edited by Igloo; 12/30/23.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Eurooptics has a Trijicon Huron 3 - 9 on sale for $300 and they cover shipping. Seriously considering one.

https://www.eurooptic.com/Trijicon-...1-in-Satin-Black-Riflescope-2700006.aspx

GOA Life Member
TSRA Life Member
NSCA Life Member
G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
Eurooptics has a Trijicon Huron 3 - 9 on sale for $300 and they cover shipping. Seriously considering one.

https://www.eurooptic.com/Trijicon-...1-in-Satin-Black-Riflescope-2700006.aspx
I bought one for 250 shipped off ebay. Put it on my Tikka 223. So far so good. Eye relief not as bad as published in my experience.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

605 members (160user, 17CalFan, 1234, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 1337Fungi, 58 invisible), 2,294 guests, and 1,188 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,770
Posts18,476,810
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.