Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I think they're technically called common brushtail possums.

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
OK, thanks... They're not nasty looking, like our possums anyway...

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I have 8 or so... Lane is an outstanding value (especially if you have a bestest friend that is an FFL-SOT).

Cory is a great guy re: C/S.

I do not like/use my TBs or Bowers much anymore.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Ngrumba
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
My clunky, ugly, cumbersome setup.

#yick

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Nice to see the bolt on the “correct” side. Is that an AG Composites stock?

Yes. AG composites.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76
It’s not big enough… It doesn’t need to be heavy or long but it needs room to work.

There’s no room in that can for the spaces between baffles to slow down the gasses.

See gedubs above or JB’s on the AR with the coyote. Even the smallish can with the coyote looks to be over double the internal volume of the one pictured with the 22lr.

All things being equal (design) then a larger volume will offer more suppression at the muzzle. On an AR it might increase the shooters ear numbers. Internal design can do a lot with very small cans.

This 5 inch 5 oz can on a .22 RF shooting subsonics is quieter than a springer air gun.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

The same design but in Titanium for center fire on the same AR (left) from the above coyote picture.

The small can tests better at shooters ear and is half the weight (5 oz) of the Ultra 5, which is a light can.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I’m interested.....

I have three Kimbers, one is factory threaded for a brake and with an adapter should accept a can.
Do you have to pull the barrel from the action on the others to thread them or is there another process...?

BT53
"Where do they find young men like this?" Reporter Savidge, Iraq
Elk, it's what's for dinner....

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
.22 cans are awesome

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
That’s pretty radical, Brother Burns.

Originally Posted by JohnBurns
It’s not big enough… It doesn’t need to be heavy or long but it needs room to work.

There’s no room in that can for the spaces between baffles to slow down the gasses.

See gedubs above or JB’s on the AR with the coyote. Even the smallish can with the coyote looks to be over double the internal volume of the one pictured with the 22lr.

All things being equal (design) then a larger volume will offer more suppression at the muzzle. On an AR it might increase the shooters ear numbers. Internal design can do a lot with very small cans.

This 5 inch 5 oz can on a .22 RF shooting subsonics is quieter than a springer air gun.

The same design but in Titanium for center fire on the same AR (left) from the above coyote picture.

The small can tests better at shooters ear and is half the weight (5 oz) of the Ultra 5, which is a light can.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
That’s pretty radical, Brother Burns.

Originally Posted by JohnBurns

Actually...it is probably the most interesting bit of posting he has done. It would be interesting to hear more about the internals, eg...are they like the old Sionics, or the perforated mesh, or an integrated modular baffle (upgraded conjoined Parker-Hale, Australian GSA).

Last edited by JSTUART; 12/30/23.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I definitely want to get a small, lighter can. Could care less if it meets a certain threshold of sound or not as I have a few rifles that a reduction of sound/recoil would be appreciated without 7” and 11oz added to it.

IC B3

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
https://wyomingarms.com/product/4-squared-titanium-suppressor/

Something like this would work well for a 6.5 Kimber MT with 147s.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Calvin
I definitely want to get a small, lighter can. Could care less if it meets a certain threshold of sound or not as I have a few rifles that a reduction of sound/recoil would be appreciated without 7” and 11oz added to it.

That is something I could see a use for.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Blacktail53
I’m interested.....

I have three Kimbers, one is factory threaded for a brake and with an adapter should accept a can.
Do you have to pull the barrel from the action on the others to thread them or is there another process...?

Yes, pulling the barrel is the best route. For me, the mistake I made with getting barrels threaded was staying with full-length barrels, like 22" and 24". I'm not using anything over 20" with suppressed anymore.

After listening to guys like Skane and Kaleb, I no longer fear knocking some length off a barrel to make a handier package. My last barrel was cut/ threaded at 16.5" and the 6.5 CM seems about perfect with a 6" long suppressor.

Last edited by Lonny; 12/30/23.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
16”-18” is the sweet spot for threaded rifles IMO.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

It’s probably great if you wanna still wear hearing protection.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors

It’s probably great if you wanna still wear hearing protection.

I never wear hearing protection when I hunt.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

16" Dead Air can killed more critters than the plague.

18" and a Dead Air works like a charm, don't let a short barrel put you off. Rio7

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Lonny
I’m interested.....

Yes, pulling the barrel is the best route. For me, the mistake I made with getting barrels threaded was staying with full-length barrels, like 22" and 24". I'm not using anything over 20" with suppressed anymore.

After listening to guys like Skane and Kaleb, I no longer fear knocking some length off a barrel to make a handier package. My last barrel was cut/ threaded at 16.5" and the 6.5 CM seems about perfect with a 6" long suppressor.

Thanks Lonny,

It makes my gut churn just to think of taking a hacksaw to those rifles....

BT53
"Where do they find young men like this?" Reporter Savidge, Iraq
Elk, it's what's for dinner....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I’m interested.....

Thanks Lonny,

Just work up the gumption for one at first, the rest will be easy after you’ve used the first one. BTDT. 😊

WWP53D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I’m interested.....

Thanks Lonny,

Yep, cutting down perfectly good Lilja and Krieger barrels wasn't easy for me, but I no longer fear it and darn glad I did it. To quote Kaleb, "Cut it like you mean it."

Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

550 members (1234, 219 Wasp, 1minute, 06hunter59, 163bc, 204guy, 60 invisible), 2,504 guests, and 1,187 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,788
Posts18,515,931
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.