Print Thread
Hop To
Page 25 of 26 1 2 23 24 25 26
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Hastings
Originally Posted by antlers
…I try to go with what Jesus clearly says when it is clearly cogent with his overall teaching.
Unless what He clearly says clearly debunks your preconceived position, in which case you clearly don’t mind stomping all over what He says and teaches.
For instance?
Really…? How much more dishonest can you be regarding this Hastings…? Every single time you’ve denied Jesus’ divinity on these type of threads over the years, many men here have refuted your intentionally distorted interpretation of what was actually said and meant to make it fit your preconceived position. And they’ve provided Bible verses and commentary that proved your clear confirmation bias. And you know it. The same can be said for your intentionally distorted interpretation of what was actually said and meant regarding the Law of Moses to make it fit your preconceived position. Many men here have refuted your position and have provided Bible verses and commentary that proved your clear confirmation bias. And you know it.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
GB1

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by TF49
Originally Posted by DBT
Again the high priest asked him, “Are you the Messiah, the Son of the Blessed One…?”

I am,” said Jesus. - Mark 14:61-62 NIV

As written by an anonymous author decades after whatever really happened. Paul, a near contemporary did not appear to be aware of some the events attributed to Jesus in the later gospels.

Both you and Mman are just whistling in the dark….. my take is that both of you know truth and are somehow trying to comfort yourselves with “bluff and “bluster.”

You can do nothing else but shout your ignorance from the proverbial mountain top.

Shouting your ignorance does not change the truth…..

You are scraping the bottom of your empty barrel now, TF49. Try to do better

You and Mman are talking to yourselves again…..and you don’t even realize that……your borrowing of empty headed cliches is a clue….

Last edited by TF49; 01/08/24.

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
OK, something Ive always wondered.

The Apostles , from what I read, were just "guys" and I'm betting what they chronicled ,with regard to Yeshua, wasnt written in the "almost poetic" way that a lot of KJV biblical verses read.

I would imagine that the original reads more like narrative drama than prose or poetry?

??

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We are still interviewing WWII veterans even though the war has been over for 75 years. And their eyewitness testimony is still regarded as entirely reliable. It’s pretty unanimous among scholars that all four of the gospels were written within 65 years of the events themselves. And all of the different authors of all of the different New Testament manuscripts…all of which were written in the first century no greater than 65 years after the events themselves…provide attestation that the earliest Christians believed that Jesus died for our sins and that He rose from the dead and appeared to many people afterwards.

P
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by UltraMAGA
OK, something Ive always wondered.

The Apostles , from what I read, were just "guys" and I'm betting what they chronicled ,with regard to Yeshua, wasnt written in the "almost poetic" way that a lot of KJV biblical verses read.

I would imagine that the original reads more like narrative drama than prose or poetry?

??

Most biblical scholars believe the Gospels were not actually written by their attributed authors.

Doesn’t mean it was not their Gospel, and it does not mean they are incorrect, just written by people with more formal education.

Just like scribes did before them.

Mark is a good example. It does not say "I am Mark, the Apostle, and I have written this...."

Last edited by plumbum; 01/08/24.
IC B2

P
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
P
We are still interviewing WWII veterans even though the war has been over for 75 years. And their eyewitness testimony is still regarded as entirely reliable. It’s pretty unanimous among scholars that all four of the gospels were written within 65 years of the events themselves. And all of the different authors of all of the different New Testament manuscripts…all of which were written in the first century no greater than 65 years after the events themselves…provide attestation that the earliest Christians believed that Jesus died for our sins and that He rose from the dead and appeared to many people afterwards.

Which neither states nor requires that the Gospel namesake did the actual scribing. Mark and John did not have to actually held the pen and paper.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yeah. True. The point is that the mantra repeated over and over and over again by the clearly biased deniers regarding the historical manuscripts that eventually were put together to comprise the New Testament of being “written by anonymous authors decades after the events” doesn’t hold water, at all. None.

A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Indiana Jones Bro .

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R

Eyewitness testimony, 75 years after the fact, is only regarded as entirely reliable by people that have no idea how memory works or who inaccurate eyewitness testimony can actually be.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Again, Jesus’ closest followers were sharing Jesus’ words and telling of His works from the time Jesus was still alive until they died. They didn’t have to try to remember back to anything when these historical manuscripts were written. They shared the same testimonies from the beginning throughout the rest of their lives. And then many of them were beaten and tortured and killed because of what they testified that they saw, in addition to being kicked out of the synagogue and excommunicated from their families and communities. Those are not ‘perks.’

So they had no reason to make any of this stuff up. They were ‘already’ part of the fold of God’s ‘chosen’ people.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by DBT
Again the high priest asked him, “Are you the Messiah, the Son of the Blessed One…?”

I am,” said Jesus. - Mark 14:61-62 NIV

As written by an anonymous author decades after whatever really happened. Paul, a near contemporary did not appear to be aware of some the events attributed to Jesus in the later gospels.
It might be that Paul was in fact unaware of what Jesus did or taught. As far as I can tell Paul was not an associate of Jesus and may not have ever seen Jesus in person. If one reads the gospels and Paul's own writings or those attributed to Paul you get the distinct feeling he did not have the foggiest idea that some of his teachings were contrary to Jesus' doctrine of salvation.

Paul was clearly an agent in the pay of those who desperately wished to stamp out the rising sect of Jesus Christianity that was taking hold in the part of Roman occupied Palestine that is known to the Jews as Israel. I think it significant that Paul was rescued from the Jerusalem Christians by the Roman Army. Those Jewish Christians thought Paul was an enemy and all the churches in Asia Minor disowned Paul. He had no place of safety but at Rome where he very well may have run into trouble when the erratic nutcase emperor Nero took over.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Still not sure why they would.

I don't believe in the Book Of Mormon.

Last edited by Jim_Conrad; 01/12/24.

I am MAGA.
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Paul was clearly an agent in the pay of those who desperately wished to stamp out the rising sect of Jesus Christianity

Instead, he converted the world of the Gentiles to Christianity.

,...talk about unintended consequences.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Paul was clearly an agent in the pay of those who desperately wished to stamp out the rising sect of Jesus Christianity

I would call it Paulanity.

Last edited by Hastings; 01/13/24. Reason: added word

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by Bristoe

I would call Paulanity.

Swedenborgian

B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
Not reading through 25 pages but the answer is the jews who believe(d) in Jesus are called Christians.

Yours in Liberty,

BL
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Ben_Lurkin
Not reading through 25 pages but the answer is the jews who believe(d) in Jesus are called Christians.
Right, and Jesus said "I am the way, the truth, and the life".

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
"What a Friend we have in Jesus."

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Jesus did NOT come to extend an old religion. And He didn’t come to just clarify old truths. Nor did He come to just preach sermons and offer wise teachings. From the angel’s announcement to Mary that she would give birth to a son who’s “kingdom would never end,” it was crystal clear: Jesus would do something brand new for the world.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
“The History of The Bible” by Barton is a worthwhile read for those interested in such.

Page 25 of 26 1 2 23 24 25 26

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

545 members (1234, 1minute, 222Sako, 06hunter59, 163bc, 204guy, 61 invisible), 2,516 guests, and 1,208 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,788
Posts18,515,931
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.