Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 26 1 2 3 4 5 25 26
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Theo Gallus
Why do Christians believe that he is?
Because Jesus Himself made it crystal clear that He was the Messiah.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
GB1

A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Originally Posted by goalie
Originally Posted by las
Everyone gets to choose their own myth. Or "belief". Everyone else is wrong.

It's enforcement where the problem comes in.

This. For the same reason I don't believe in Mohammad

Lazarus doesn’t take into account that Christians left the Old Testament where as Muslims haven’t been able too

They need a Messiah

Like 5 Centuries Ago

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Some jews do accept Jesus as the Mesiah. The first "Christinas" were Jews. The Jews wanted a king to rid them of the Romans. Jesus didn't give them what they wanted from the Mesiah.

Nobody's right if everybody's wrong.
Getting into reloading to save money is like getting married for free sex.
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by antlers

Ehhh He could have made it clearer. I believe He was (and is) but I don't believe I recall Him saying exactly that.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Matthew 13:10-11 answers the question.

IC B2

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Is this a big problem?

I am MAGA.
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by wabigoon
And, the big shot Pharisees and Sanhedrin did not want anybody rocking the boat.

With my changes, I believe that is an awful lot of the answer right there. Power corrupts, Jews and gentiles alike. The OT is full of warnings against being led astray by power and material comfort.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by plumbum
Originally Posted by wabigoon
And, the big shot Pharisees and Sanhedrin did not want anybody rocking the boat.

With my changes, I believe that is an awful lot of the answer right there. Power corrupts, Jews and gentiles alike. The OT is full of warnings against being led astray by power and material comfort.

That is who the '...woe to you...'s were directed..... OT and NT.

Last edited by Muffin; 12/29/23.

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
They were believing when he split the temple after his crucifixion. Had the sanhedron on their knees. The world has been deceived and been set up for deception since that day. Nobody could produce a body after Jesus's resurrection because it DID happen and it's facts. HE is the Messiah. HE is, Was, and always will be for ever and ever.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Jesus clearly claimed to be the promised Messiah, but He was rejected by His own people. The hearts of His own people were hardened to the truth.

But there were multitudes of Jewish believers who did accept Jesus as the Messiah and chose to follow Him.

For the last 2,000 years, the Jewish people have been living partially in the dark because they rejected the light that entered the world.

IC B3

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Jesus clearly claimed to be the promised Messiah, but He was rejected by His own people. The hearts of His own people were hardened to the truth.

But there were multitudes of Jewish believers who did accept Jesus as the Messiah and chose to follow Him.

For the last 2,000 years, the Jewish people have been living partially in the dark because they rejected the light that entered the world.

Repent now. Jesus is the only way to the Father. The ONLY way.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ehhh He could have made it clearer. I believe He was (and is) but I don't believe I recall Him saying exactly that.
The Samaritan woman at the well said to Jesus, "I know that Messiah is coming" (who is called Christ). "When He comes, He will proclaim all things to us." And Jesus Himself clearly said to her, "I am He, the one who is speaking to you."

Crystal clear.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Alan_C
Why do Jews believe Jesus is not the Messiah?

They were not called by God to believe he was the Christ. If they didn't reject Him, there wouldn't have been the crucifixion. Without that, none would have any hope. It was all in God's plan.

There are many today that think we have free will to believe but the sovereignty of God, and His word does not support that.

2 Timothy 1:9 JKV Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by 7mmbuster
Some really good post from some really knowledgeable people.
Some asinine post from some asses.
It doesn’t take much looking to see that evil controls nearly all the world’s governments, especially our own.
It further doesn’t take much looking to see that the prophecies of the end times and the second coming of Christ are being fulfilled before our very eyes.
And it further further doesn’t take much looking to see that those who refuse to believe, will accept no proof. Even when the proof is before their very eyes.
And the worst thing someone who knows the truth an do is directly offer to pray or try to Point out the truth for the ones who refuse .
Their minds are already made up, and they’ll literally go to hell to prove it.
The best we can hope for is to reach those who do not know for sure, and time’s running out.
It pains me that I’m unable to reach even those in my own family.
I keep praying for strength in this, and I believe my prayers are being fulfilled through my new found church.
The game ain’t over, but I know it’s late in the 4th quarter…
Reon

I always appreciate the honesty in your post like this. If we would all be honest our family seems to be the hardest to reach. As a boy and seeing the way some of our family went I well remember Grandpa saying that a man's greatest foe is his own household. He set the best example any human ever did for me and for me it mattered but not for most of the rest.

As for those that refuse to see. Never forget that Paul was one that refused to see until that day on the road to Damascus.

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
The Samaritan woman at the well said to Jesus, "I know that Messiah is coming" (who is called Christ). "When He comes, He will proclaim all things to us." And Jesus Himself clearly said to her, "I am He, the one who is speaking to you."

Crystal clear.

To me, "crystal clear" would be "I am the Messiah." But He did not state that. I believe that He was and is, but I do not know why He would not go that final yard and say it. He had His reasons no doubt, but He always let somebody else say it.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by SuperCub

They were not called by God to believe he was the Christ. If they didn't reject Him, there wouldn't have been the crucifixion. Without that, none would have any hope. It was all in God's plan.

There are many today that think we have free will to believe but the sovereignty of God, and His word does not support that.

2 Timothy 1:9 JKV Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

And few ever consider the possibility the Jews are still the stiff necks God pronounced them to be years ago. Humm.

Did HE curse them for rejecting CHRIST, or for the crimes against humanity they did while rejecting the Word? Humm.

Last edited by jaguartx; 12/29/23.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I think I’ll just carry on just being a decent person and doing the right thing and see how it shakes out in the end. If I need to accept someone/something as my savior I’ll do that on my death bed after I weighed the options. To me all religions seem cultish. Whether your Muslim bowing down and chanting or Catholic sit, standing or kneeling like a Jane Fonda workout and reciting scripture in a monotone chant. It all seems like protocol for weak minded folks that can’t figure out how to be decent to each other on their own. I don’t believe anyone knows what happens for sure when all is said and done and blind faith is no safe bet. Perhaps why my middle name is Thomas. Sorry for offending everyone just my take.

Last edited by brinky72; 12/29/23.

Keep your powder dry and stay frosty my friends.
R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Jesus can’t be the Messiah… because I am the Messiah.

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by SuperCub

And few ever consider the possibility the Jews are still the stiff necks God pronounced them to be years ago. Humm.

Did HE curse them for rejecting CHRIST, or for the crimes against humanity they did? Humm.

Do you sport a tiny mustache just below your nose?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The gospel of John will answer the OP’s question. I suggest to read it and study it. It’s beautifully written and will help everyone to understand who Jesus is and what it takes to be saved. Just knowing Jesus does not lead to salvation. Nicodemus found that out.

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

Page 3 of 26 1 2 3 4 5 25 26

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

581 members (10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 1badf350, 1moredeer, 160user, 66 invisible), 2,513 guests, and 1,295 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,809
Posts18,516,406
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.