Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush

If she can do it, let her do it.

If she can't, she will fail, learn some life lessons and move on.

As far as "Women in any professional sport with men?.....GMAFB."

Making dumb blanket statements, says a lot.

There have been more than a few guys that have had to eat their ignorant arrogance when my oldest daughter has shown up and out ridden, and out shot them right into the dirt.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

They sound like you with their "Yer just a lil lady, you can't ride with the Real Men".

When she was 11, I gave her a pair of matched .45 Colts for Christmas. She has taken them to the National and World Championships in mounted shooting. I guess I forgot to tell her that she was just a girl, and could not handle them.

But then she has been shooting .45s since she was barely able to swing them up.

Campfire members have even sent her some practice ammo for Christmas in the past, like these semi wadcutters from RJM:

And just FYI, that is a Utah State Championship buckle she has her .45 Colt tucked behind. She beat all the boys there too.

cool

"Well done" to the young woman, and to her parents...

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I wish her all the success she desires, but damn bulls can be rough.
I've been on two. Never again. Scared me worse than any 4 wheeler or snowmachine wreck, or anything else I have been through, for that matter.

I'll stick to team roping when I need my rodeo fix these days. Good luck to her.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by T_Inman
I wish her all the success she desires, but damn bulls can be rough.
I've been on two. Never again. Scared me worse than any 4 wheeler or snowmachine wreck, or anything else I have been through, for that matter.

I'll stick to team roping when I need my rodeo fix these days. Good luck to her.

Wrangler butts drive em nuts.....

I am MAGA.
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
A couple I know have died BULLRIDING !! I have raced dirtbikes & that can be dangerous, BUT Bullriding is another world !!

"not too grumpy"
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by KLM
I wish her the best of luck chasing her dream. Without dreams life can be rather mundane and lead to unhappy grumpiness.

No s hit...... Just look at RHClark.......

IC B2

C
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
C
Regardless of her being a female no one has mentioned she's a Paiute? Pretty sure that makes her tougher than most men these days, especially her age.
Good for her. Better than starting an OnlyFans...

Last edited by CowEater; 12/29/23.
J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Originally Posted by ShadeTree
Anything involving strength as a major contributing factor in success when competing against men that actually compete, a female is gonna lose out every time.

Serena Williams arguably one of the most dominating female tennis players to ever pick up a racket, while in her prime, lost an exhibition match to a 203rd ranked male player.

She unabashedly told David Letterman when discussing such things, "If I were to play Andy Murray, I would lose, 6-0, 6-0, in five to six minutes, maybe 10 minutes," Williams told Letterman. "The men are a lot faster, they serve harder, they hit harder. … It's a completely different game."

I wish the young lady well, but nothing will change physics. Maybe my understanding of a big part of what it takes to be successful in that sport is flawed and strength has little to do with it, but I don't think so.

Spot on!

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Maybe my understanding of a big part of what it takes to be successful in that sport is flawed and strength has little to do with it, but I don't think so.

Personally, I think you're incorrect about this particular part. Endurance, coordination and mental strength are more important in bull riding than physical strength. It isn't powerlifting nor are they physically forcing the bull one way or another, though some bulls may (or may not, I dunno) predictably respond to how they're spurred.

Arm, leg and core strength are important and do help to stay on but they're not as important as endurance and mentality, in my limited bull riding experience. She also (looks) relatively small and light which also should help her to some extent.

Last edited by T_Inman; 12/29/23. Reason: clarity-I do NOT think girls are as physically strong as boys, overall

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have great respect for youngsters with the fortitude to passionately pursue their dreams. I, myself, was never that driven. Many, however, will have to suffice with an alternative. Knew a local youngster whose dream beginning in the 2nd grade was to fly fighter jets. He exceeded requirements for the academy, made it through, but has had to be satisfied with piloting Airforce II.

Hope the young lady has a backup plan.

Once met a top bull rider in the late 1970's at a family branding. In his early 30's and he could barely stand straight or walk. Still though, he was putting his young son astride every calf as the ropes were released.

As to the strength issue: I think it's a requirement. We don't see many teenagers excelling in that sport. Guys at the absolute top are in their prime of life like late 20's early 30's and willing to endure chronic pain.

Last edited by 1minute; 12/29/23.

1Minute
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
The best bull rider of my generation was JB Mauney.

He probably doesn't weigh 160 pounds at 5'10".

They asked him how he could be so good while he was that scrawny.

He just said it doesn't matter how strong you are...you aren't gonna over power a damn bull.

The physics of bull riding favor an individual with less mass.

I am MAGA.
IC B3

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Her parents better steer her towards Tennis, or something. The first time she gets on a top 30 bull she's going to get rag dolled. She'll be lucky to survive it.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by CowEater
Regardless of her being a female no one has mentioned she's a Paiute? Pretty sure that makes her tougher than most men these days, especially her age.
Good for her. Better than starting an OnlyFans...

Why is that? What's a payute?

MAGA
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Anything involving strength as a major contributing factor in success when competing against men that actually compete, a female is gonna lose out every time.

Serena Williams arguably one of the most dominating female tennis players to ever pick up a racket, while in her prime, lost an exhibition match to a 203rd ranked male player.

She unabashedly told David Letterman when discussing such things, "If I were to play Andy Murray, I would lose, 6-0, 6-0, in five to six minutes, maybe 10 minutes," Williams told Letterman. "The men are a lot faster, they serve harder, they hit harder. … It's a completely different game."

I wish the young lady well, but nothing will change physics. Maybe my understanding of a big part of what it takes to be successful in that sport is flawed and strength has little to do with it, but I don't think so.

All true, but put a man on the uneven bars or the balance beam in gymnastics, and see how long he keeps up?

Horses for courses, and all that. All I know from bull riding is that it involves fast turns and changes of direction, and my 6'5" is going to snap rather than bend..... better some little bendy gymnast type.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush

And just FYI, that is a Utah State Championship buckle she has her .45 Colt tucked behind. She beat all the boys there too.

cool

Lol, I'll bet she's embarrassed a lot of boys in her few years.

Congrats, it's going to take a strong confident young man to corral that one.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Her parents better steer her towards Tennis, or something. The first time she gets on a top 30 bull she's going to get rag dolled. She'll be lucky to survive it.

Maybe she could just work in a factory the rest of her life…

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Quickness and balance beats physical strength, when it comes to twisting toro's.....

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
Originally Posted by Bristoe

Maybe she could just work in a factory the rest of her life…

Or maybe males who have transitioned into "women" should be able to compete against women in sports because there's no real biological difference between men and women.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I expect to see Ruequanda from down Mississippi way taping her tits down and running back an 80 yard kickoff in the NFL any day now,...knocking them big 280 lb bucks right and left in the process.

,...ain't gonna happen,....just like that little girl going 8 seconds on a top 30 bull ain't gonna happen.

Be real.

O
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by Salmonella
I wish her well, but based on my experience women just can't do what men can do.
Women in any professional sport with men?.....GMAFB.
Ridiculous.
Your mileage may based on your wokeness.

Perhaps. I have seen some exceptions. There are some phenomenal women trap shooters to be found.

Osky

A woman's heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth and I can find no sign on it.
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by Osky
Originally Posted by Salmonella
I wish her well, but based on my experience women just can't do what men can do.
Women in any professional sport with men?.....GMAFB.
Ridiculous.
Your mileage may based on your wokeness.

Perhaps. I have seen some exceptions. There are some phenomenal women trap shooters to be found.

Osky

Oh yeah. Trap shooting is right there with riding a 1500 lb bull. How can anybody doubt it?

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

583 members (22250rem, 10Glocks, 160user, 1936M71, 1beaver_shooter, 1Longbow, 67 invisible), 2,461 guests, and 1,283 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,477
Posts18,489,976
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.