Caplock Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by gregintenn
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Originally Posted by Stammster
Why would you ever admit to moving from Texas to Georgia?
Clearly, a social climber!
Yep. Better than the other way around.

Really a matter of declining health.

GB1

C
Caplock Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
This is more about security than anything. So I can’t haul them in a u haul with other belongings? I was thinks of soft cases in wardrobe boxes. Stopping for the night is needed. Not worried about Atlanta as will be driving straight through it

V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
Originally Posted by RAM
Still looking at your pecker huh?

I fail to see what this conversation has to do with birds. But now that you mention it, yes. My pecker is quite nice, please see my hairy pecker below:

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
If you haul them yourself, make sure you've got all your brake/tail lights turn signals, etc. in order and mind your P and Qs. You might also want to do some research on particular counties and towns that are known for their high incidence of gov't highwaymen and plan your route to avoid these areas. The words "Civil Asset Forfeiture" come to mind.

Last edited by AKislander; 12/31/23.
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by Caplock
This is more about security than anything. So I can’t haul them in a u haul with other belongings? I was thinks of soft cases in wardrobe boxes. Stopping for the night is needed. Not worried about Atlanta as will be driving straight through it

Don’t stay at a hotel with a u-haul. It WILL get broken into.

Find you a Vrbo or AirBnb in a good part of town, long driveway, back the trailer up against the house or fence.

Soft gun cases can be had for $12-$14 at Walmart. Buy 15-20 of them, if you don’t have many, and they’ll work fine.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
About 2-1/2 years ago, I moved to my new house, which did not require an overnight stay during the road trip (same for TX to GA).

I was closing on my house after I got here, and the movers were not bringing my stuff, including my massive 1,200-lb safe, until a couple of days later.

I didn’t want the movers to have access to my 50+ guns.

So, I bought a locking outdoor doorknob.

I loaded the guns in the back of my covered Gladiator bed. Some in cases; some just wrapped in towels or pillowcases.

The sellers let me preliminarily enter the house before closing, given that the closing was a certainty.

I drove to the house; loaded the guns in a walk-in MBR closet; and installed the locking doorknob on that, such that no one would have access to the closet, absent breaking the door down, which was exceedingly unlikely. And no one would know that there was any reason to enter it.

Then, I drove to the closing.

When the movers arrived with the safe, I later put all that arsenal in the safe.

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Go to the local flower shop...they will have a bunch of long, deep 2-piece boxes. Line with a blanket, and weave the blanket between each gun. I've done this multiple times for cross-country moves.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by slumlord
Place in back of pos rambler station wagon, turn key and drive way. Pack a bologna sandwich

You sound like you're speaking from experience.

😂😂😂

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Don’t do anything to get pulled over, have a full gas can with you, jumper cables, vehicle maintenance before you leave, good tires. Lock doors at the gas station when you leave the vehicle. No worries.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
What area are of Georgia you moving to?

A bowhunter at heart but a gun guy at soul. I'll take craftsmanship, wood and blue steel over plastic and composite any day.
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Alot easier scenario than what I went through moving from AK to MI.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by AKislander
If you haul them yourself, make sure you've got all your brake/tail lights turn signals, etc. in order and mind your P and Qs. You might also want to do some research on particular counties and towns that are known for their high incidence of gov't highwaymen and plan your route to avoid these areas. The words "Civil Asset Forfeiture" come to mind.
Another excellent post - the OP would be wise to do just what you recommend..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I moved a bunch of rifles from CA to NY and put them in the trunk of a car that was moved by truck. It worked great.

[Linked Image from ]
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Go to a pool installer and get some of the foam sheeting they use under above ground pool liners. It is tough stuff and with some scissors and Gorilla tape, you can make as many long gun sleeves as you want.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Wrap them well, soft gun cases. catalog them on paper, make, Model, serial numbers, if you have contact with LE. Have a safe trip.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Last time I had to do this I didn’t screw around with makeshift solutions. First bunch I moved out to Missouri to my son’s. I went out and bought a big roll of appropriate size bubble wrap, wrapped up the long guns individually and packed so many in the safe that they couldn’t move around. Buddy and I wrangled the safe into a Uhaul trailer ahead of everything else I was taking out there.

Whenever I have to stay overnight enroute with a trailer I can usually find a parking spot where I can back it up against something that will prevent opening the doors.

For handguns, I have a Pelican case that’s about 32” square and about that high with 4 layers of foam. Arranging them carefully I can get around 30 handguns in it.

Mathew 22: 37-39

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
scumload: Once again you prove your worthlessness!
Dry up and blow away - PLEASE.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

516 members (1234, 1lessdog, 160user, 219 Wasp, 10ring1, 204guy, 35 invisible), 2,360 guests, and 1,116 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,856
Posts18,517,676
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.