Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by saddlesore
Too bad they didn't put Polis and his First husband in one of those crates and ship them back to Oregon.

All those CPW employees will be out of work in five years when there are not enough elk and deer to sell enough licenses to support them.
Saddlesore it will not affect the CWP employees one bit if nothing else it will create more jobs and money. The Grant money will come flying in now why do you think the Nez Perce wanna help? MONEY!
G- Bears and Wolves bring in alot of money from our Gov.
its why you see alot of Bio's love them big time job security

GB1

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by bwinters
Never fear, the lost revenue from license sales of deer and elk tags will be more than offset by tourist dollars doing wolf watching sick

This wolf reintroduction is nothing short of a travesty. Apparently weve not learned anything from the Yellowstone reintroduction. The other thing, wolves would have been in the state soon enough as witnessed by the pack up by Walden. I get the "complete ecosystem" concept but this isn't Alaska or Siberia where they have 1000s miles to roam. It won't be long, livestock growers will be dealing with them. Maybe that's a side benefit - all the cattle and sheep I saw 5-6 miles into the backcountry this summer will absorb most of the hit. I can't see how those free range animals will fair too well against a predator they've never experienced.
Tourist money won’t get to the wildlife side of CPW. It is not supported by tax money, just by license sales.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I’m in agreement with saddlesore & the kid. Went on my first elk hunt at 40 the year my dad passed without ever hunting elk. I’ll be 65 this year & haven’t missed a season in NW Colorado since. The idea of skipping a year makes no sense to me unless I’m injured or extremely broke.

But the wolves will likely make next year my last in Colorado. I’ll use 8 points for a cow tag and move to Utah, Idaho or somewhere else.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by specneeds
I’m in agreement with saddlesore & the kid. Went on my first elk hunt at 40 the year my dad passed without ever hunting elk. I’ll be 65 this year & haven’t missed a season in NW Colorado since. The idea of skipping a year makes no sense to me unless I’m injured or extremely broke.

But the wolves will likely make next year my last in Colorado. I’ll use 8 points for a cow tag and move to Utah, Idaho or somewhere else.

Idaho already has wolves.

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

608 members (007FJ, 10gaugemag, 160user, 1936M71, 12344mag, 16penny, 63 invisible), 2,373 guests, and 1,238 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,824
Posts18,477,888
Members73,944
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.