Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
MAC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
As long as the NRA was paying him a salary I refused to renew my membership. I may, just may, give them another chance now. But I will still be giving to GOA since I think they really care about the gun owners and not the donation $$$.

You get out of life what you are willing to accept. If you ain't happy, do something about it!
GB1

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Squidge
Trial starts next week.

https://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2024/01/05/nra-trial-wayne-lapierre-new-york-guns/7381704258137/

Jan. 5 (UPI) -- Executives of the National Rifle Association are going to trial in New York, nearly four years after state Attorney General Letitia James filed suit accusing the group of corrupt activities by using NRA funds to pay for expensive trips and other lavish items.

Opening arguments in the trial, which is expected to last six weeks, are scheduled for Monday after jury selection began this week.

Filed in 2020, the suit accuses NRA CEO Wayne LaPierre, who has led the organization for over 30 years, of using the NRA as a "personal piggy bank."

The state's complaint cites "dozens of examples where the four individual defendants failed to fulfill their fiduciary duty to the NRA and used millions upon millions from NRA reserves for personal use, including trips for them and their families to the Bahamas, private jets, expensive meals, and other private travel."

James seeks the ouster of LaPierre and the three other executives -- Wilson Phillips, John Frazer and Joshua Powell -- as part of the case against the NRA.

In January 2021, the NRA attempted to file for bankruptcy, but a federal judge in Texas dismissed the request four months later.

Repeated attempts to throw out New York's legal charges ultimately failed. The NRA claimed the charges against them were politically motivated by James, a Democrat, and her office.

Looks like the NRA knows what the verdict will be already. whistle

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
The NY AG screwed the NRA and drove a wedge between membership and leadership exactly as they intended. I doubt that the NRA was misusing funds anymore than the typical feed the children, save the whale ect; organizations do. If anything the NRA was probably less corrupt than most. It’s the same AG that’s trying to destroy Trump.

Having said all of that. The NRA has been tone deaf to membership for years and probably still will be if it isn’t completely restructured into a grassroots ground up organization. I’m a lifetime NRA member that used to wear an NRA logo hoodie with pride. I’m embarrassed of it today and haven’t given them money in year. I donate to GOA. I’d love to see the NRA rise up from the ashes but I have my doubts that it will happen.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Wayne Killed the NRA not the NY AG, he left way too late. It would take some real leadership to fix the mess the NR is in now.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76
The NY AG screwed the NRA and drove a wedge between membership and leadership exactly as they intended. I doubt that the NRA was misusing funds anymore than the typical feed the children, save the whale ect; organizations do. If anything the NRA was probably less corrupt than most. It’s the same AG that’s trying to destroy Trump.

Having said all of that. The NRA has been tone deaf to membership for years and probably still will be if it isn’t completely restructured into a grassroots ground up organization. I’m a lifetime NRA member that used to wear an NRA logo hoodie with pride. I’m embarrassed of it today and haven’t given them money in year. I donate to GOA. I’d love to see the NRA rise up from the ashes but I have my doubts that it will happen.
Almost all non-profits misuse money and the directors get wealthy. Tunnels to Towers, Teen Challenge, all the foreign medical missions, THE RED CROSS, NRA, all the cancer organizations, even the Salvation Army, you name it. Someone there is sucking up money.

Try to find out how the founder of Tunnels to Towers Frank Siller became a millionaire. You can't, he won't say.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
IC B2

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
I'd bet that his Golden Goose continues to pass him eggs as "pension".

Well...he owns it right?

I am MAGA.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman
Wayne Killed the NRA not the NY AG, he left way too late. It would take some real leadership to fix the mess the NR is in now.

I agree.

Wayne should have left a long time ago. He also skimmed off the top, and focused the NRA towards the gun industry and the gun industry big dollars over the grassroots members and cheapened the NRA name.

I really doubt that the NRA was doing anything more illegitimate than nearly every other non profit out there though. The NY AG chose to go after NRA for political purposes the same way she chose to go after Trump for political purposes. She isn’t going after Planned Parenthood, or BLM but I’d bet that they and most other nonprofits are every bit as bad or worse than the NRA in terms of membership dollars.

She didn’t file charges on the NRA out of a concern for membership dollars being misspent.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I was at a Washington Arms Collectors gun show ~25 years ago when Wayne walked by followed by his bodyguard.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman

This.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I really doubt that the NRA was doing anything more illegitimate than nearly every other non profit out there though. The NY AG chose to go after NRA for political purposes the same way she’s chose to go after Trump for political reasons.
If you decide to tangle with the evil that is in power you better keep your nose clean. They will fight back and do not have any scruples when it comes down to what they will use to ruin you. Trump is an example. I can personally testify to the tactics and lies they will use.

That said, I am positive Wayne LaPierre is guilty.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Hastings

Almost all non-profits misuse money and the directors get wealthy. Tunnels to Towers, Teen Challenge, all the foreign medical missions, THE RED CROSS, NRA, all the cancer organizations, even the Salvation Army, you name it. Someone there is sucking up money.

Try to find out how the founder of Tunnels to Towers Frank Siller became a millionaire. You can't, he won't say.
Exactly.

I donate to other pro gun organizations that are more inline with my beliefs and better spend the dollars they receive but the NRA charges were a political hit job to destroy the biggest pro gun organization.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

+1 LL76.

The NY AG screwed the NRA and drove a wedge between membership and leadership exactly as they intended

This method IS exactly how Democrats divide and defeat any entity they wish to destroy. The Democrats have had the NRA in their sights for decades due to the influence the NRA provided for Republican political candidates.

Once the Democrats placed a negro woman in power as the NY AG that was the time to begin the campaign to destroy the NRA.

GOA
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Only took about 10 years longer than it should have.

Camp is where you make it.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
NRA supported every anti gun law that was passed starting with banning machine guns in the 1930's

M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
One wonders if it also has anything to do with the Epstein list?

Either way it's about damn time.

Last edited by mjbgalt; 01/05/24.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
His leaving was a big condition for me ever supporting them again

Mine too.

But I wonder just how effective they can be, now that they have been run into the ground, and taken for all the money they can be?

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
They lost me forever. GOA for me from now on.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
He's still a no account bastard where ever he winds up.

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by mrmeener
NRA supported every anti gun law that was passed starting with banning machine guns in the 1930's
No doubt that the NRA took a bend but don’t break pragmatic view towards the 2A over a fundamentalist stance on the 2A. I’ve never agreed with that.

They also were a roadblock to some gun control that would have passed or been more severe without the NRA. Probably more importantly to the left the NRA was responsible for getting Republicans even if RINO Republicans elected over Democrats. Hence the political hit job.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Lawyer being a lawyer.

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

474 members (222Sako, 160user, 17CalFan, 2500HD, 1badf350, 10ring1, 41 invisible), 2,358 guests, and 1,106 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,761
Posts18,515,204
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.