Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Lemming: The real question is why did it take a Democrat - Letisha- to get the scumbag's nose out of the feeding trough? LaPierre's abuse of the jet and his exorbitant suit allowance has been disclosed for a long time. Why did he have a jet and clothing allowance in the first place? The Board of Directors were completely derelict in their oversight responsibilities for a very long time. Until that is fixed expect more of the same.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Good riddance!

I don’t blame for the last decade, plus.

If you have a big roast in the fridge and it spoils,
after awhile you can’t blame the rotten meat for the stink.

By then, it’s your fault for not taking out the trash!

No different than the famous scandal with a nearby college football coach butt reaming kids.
He was a POS.
After the first report, it wasn’t about him anymore.
It was about those who knew/knew better and left it
keep happening.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
This is good news. I was an annual member for many years and became a life member in 1987, Wayne tripped my alarms as he didn't seem like a true believer to me. Then there is that he never left his position. In the corporate world, you don't leave officers in place forever, things get stale, cronyism festers. Turn over is good.

While James wanted to destroy the NRA, Wayne made it possible and his defense bled the organization dry.

I've been sending monthly donations to the Second Amendment Foundation and Firearms Policy for the last few years as I will not fund Waynes defense.

I hope they shrink the board of directors and put in term limits for top officers.

From what I've read in the pro gun sources, Wayne needs to go to prison.

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
FWLP and the NRA!

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by bobmn
Lemming: The real question is why did it take a Democrat - Letita- to get the scumbag's nose out of the feeding trough? LaPierre's abuse of the jet and his exorbitant suit allowance has been disclosed for a long time. Why did he have a jet and clothing allowance in the first place? The Board of Directors were completely derelict in their oversight responsibilities for a very long time. Until that is fixed expect more of the same.

Thats my point. That it didn’t take a Democrat to uncover some super secret scandal. The NRA was doing the same thing that nearly every nonprofit does. She selectively targeted the NRA because she doesn’t like the NRA’s politics, the industry that it represents, the people that it represents, or the politicians that it helps elect.

As I mentioned I donate to GOA because they better represent my views. I’m more than happy to see that Wayne is about to be gone. If Wayne had any self respect or the best interest of the NRA at heart he’d have resigned years ago.

That doesn’t change the fact that the selective prosecution of the NRA was a political hit job to demoralize the right and limit right leaning political contributions. Two things can be true at once.

IC B2

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Lee_R
Sorry if this has been posted already, but I just saw Wayne is gone effective 1/31/24.

I am glad to hear it. Unlike many others, I have continued to contribute a little bit. I would hate to see the once great organization perish if it can be avoided. I am not sure that is still possible though.

For the last several years most of my support goes to a local group OFF and GOA. I see them as far more owner friendly and proactive than the NRA though its grass roots bunch has been pretty active in Oregon.

The opposition has used the NRA to weaken our overall efforts. Perhaps we can see some gains as a result of his departure.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
When they fire 75 board members they can think about 'what now'?

Even birds know not to land downwind!
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Golden parachute come to mind.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by strosfann
Hopefully it can be resurrected. My standard response to their dialing for dollars calls for years has been “you won’t see another dime from me until you change leadership and refocus on the wishes of members”.

Precisely my answer to them for years.

NRA Patron
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
I think Wayne & his BOOTLICKERS managed things in such a way that the Board had little say, or maybe they were too weak & just glad to be there !! Wayne was a member of my gun club years ago, BEFORE ! WAS A MEMBER !! He was a legislative assistant for a state delegate, VIC THOMAS. Vic was a Democrat, but strong gun rights supporter. My Club requires Members to be an NRA Member, but i think I had nearly enough support to get that overturned, however now that won't be an issue, FOR AWHILE !!

"not too grumpy"
IC B3

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
It's a good start.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
10 years too late...

The NRA will never see another penny from me.

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
By the way, I think OLE WAYNE has his contract set up to pay him for life !!!!!!! A fine fellow......................................

"not too grumpy"
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Guess he was on the Epstein list.
Yikes!

"Keep your mouth shut, work hard. Life is tough. Work through it.” -- Stetson Bennett, Quarterback, Georgia Bulldogs
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by STRSWilson
10 years too late...

At this point not sure if the NRA will ever recover.

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by oldwoody2
By the way, I think OLE WAYNE has his contract set up to pay him for life !!!!!!! A fine fellow......................................

https://www.yahoo.com/news/nra-chief-wayne-lapierre-says-193151981.html

This article mentions the possibility of a $17 million “golden parachute”. OTOH, if he is convicted of siphoning off funds from the company, I would THINK there’d be little possibility of that happening. Probably some language about “in good standing at time of resignation”, that allows him to collect money that he wouldn’t otherwise be able to, if he were to resign in another 3-6 months.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I believe the whole board needs to go. They were the partners of Wayne and assisted him in all the poor dealings. I will not go back to being a member ever again. GOA for me for now on. The NRA used to fight for gun owner rights and then just let everything go through. .FUUck the NRA

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The way I see it, the Democrats always had this big mean NRA to pick on. Now that the NRA has been largely neutralized, a gazillion other non-profits have sprung up. It'll be like fighting a hydra.

I always liked when some liberal numb-nuts would go on to me about how bad the NRA was. I'd let them prattle on until they really buried themselves and then quietly announce I was a life member.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by dye7barrel
Originally Posted by STRSWilson
10 years too late...

At this point not sure if the NRA will ever recover.

Unless the existing board is voted out, I doubt it will. Any board that could allow WLP to run the organization into the ground this long shouldn't be in power. The whole lot needs to be flushed.

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
E
efw Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by goalie
A decade too late to save the NRA from itself. I'm a life member that hasn't given another penny in years.

Yep.

Shame!

He RESIGNED. Shoulda left in an orange jump suit.

Conservatives have surrendered institutions. With friends like him who needs enemies??

Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

609 members (10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 1beaver_shooter, 1badf350, 12344mag, 160user, 75 invisible), 2,547 guests, and 1,278 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,826
Posts18,516,834
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.