Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by shrapnel
Originally Posted by mrmeener
wayne like those on the fake right are grifters who believe in nothing but money and power like limbaugh hannity levin prager shapiro etc

Then there is you, without money, power or brains…

You gave the Schitbag way to much credit.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

GB1

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
And by profession and education, La Pierre was originally a school teacher from Roanoke VA.

Only a matter of time... Good Bye Second Amendment.

and why did they have to give him $17 million, to sweep his azz out the back door?

Shouldn't have cost the NRA a red cent to put him out to pasture...

Maybe they should have just paid Dick Cheney to take him out on a bird hunt for the weekend.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by BFaucett
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Ha!

Now, if that doesn't sum it up, don't know what does.

Thanks for sharing.

With your permission, I'm gonna copy that to my photos and spread it around.

DF

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
WLP was a grifter who distracted you in order to rob you. The David Copperfield of 2A.

I left the organization 10 years ago and vowed NO MORE $$ until Wayne is gone. Knowing more now than I did 10 years ago, no more $$ wasted on NRA. GOA!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
2 little 2 late unfortunately.

If you find yourself in a hole....quit digging
IC B2

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by jmp300wsm
2 little 2 late unfortunately.
My concern as well.

Those who let it go this far, are indirectly just as guilty.

I wish those who bailed, who left the board, would have spilled the beans. They knew a lot more than they said.

What kinda “gris gris” did WLP have on those guys and gals.

Makes one wonder what was really going on under the radar.

DF

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by plumbum
Originally Posted by Hastings
Originally Posted by plumbum
Think how much more time he will now have to go elephant hunting
Reckon he will go if he has to pay? I'm waiting to see what his exit package is and if they can get the board down to a reasonable number of members. It is important to know how much and if we will be paying Wayne in retirement and the biggie is his ongoing legal defense.

I understand how they sold the idea of this huge board that a member had to be recruited and vetted for. They claimed it was a safeguard against a hostile takeover by anti-gunners. Sounds good but boy howdy did they ever use that for looting the treasury with impunity. The attempt by Oliver North to force Wayne out was done I'm sure so that Ollie could latch onto that tit himself. He was in on the stealing himself.

It is enough to make one sick to think what they were doing with hard earned money generously given by a lot of folks that needed the money but fell for the appeal of "we are fighting for your 2nd amendment rights".

I'm guessing you have not seen the video....

Looks like the PH just about painted an “X” on that dying elephant and our fearless leader missed it three times at what looks like 30 feet. They even made him take seated shots and someone else had to finish the poor beast.

Yeah.

DF

What was Tony Makris involvement financially with the NRA other than the outdoor TV show? Supposedly either the NRA or WLP owes him a bunch of money,

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by 340fan
What was Tony Makris involvement financially with the NRA other than the outdoor TV show? Supposedly either the NRA or WLP owes him a bunch of money,
Hope lots of that otherwise hidden info will trickle out.

Drain the swamp applies here as well as the Fed Govt.

DF

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
He found a good racket for 30 years. 3 squares a day and bubba may be in his future. Don’t drop the soap in the shower Wayne.

IC B3

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by abbydog
He found a good racket for 30 years. 3 squares a day and bubba may be in his future. Don’t drop the soap in the shower Wayne.
He had both feet in the trough.

Pigs get fed, hogs get butchered.

Hope WLP gets to be close buds with big Bubba in the big house.

He rode that (our) horse in the ground. And I still want to know how and why that was allowed to go on so long. WLP didn’t do all this in a vacuum. We need more info and more consequences. Those coconspirators need to join Wayne where he’s going.

DF

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I am a Life member of the NRA since high school. I went to my first annual meeting last year in Indianapolis. I registered to vote at the annual meeting. I have submitted my written ballot for Directors for many years.

Of over 3,000,000 members, only about 100 bothered to get credentialed to vote at the annual meeting from what I observed. Of the approximately 100 who voted, about 15-20 opposed the policies advocated by President Cotton who is a crony of La Pierre. I was one of that group.

Whenever one of our small group opposed to the proposed NRA policies attempted to speak about the issues, we were shouted down or not recognized by the chair (Pres).

As a result only what the board and Wayne wanted were given the light of day.

This is the result of apathy on the part of members (me included) who failed to get involved when the problems surfaced years ago.

Kudos to Neal Knox and his son Jeff who have been trying to call attention to the problems within the NRA for years with little success due to the stranglehold Wayne and his cronies had on the organization.

Shame on you if you were a member and did nothing to fix the problem when it surfaced years ago. I am guilty and only realized it within the last few years. This organization could still be a great asset but needs members to get involved rather than sit on the sidelines and complain after the fact.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Originally Posted by BFaucett
Ha!

Now, if that doesn't sum it up, don't know what does.

Thanks for sharing.

With your permission, I'm gonna copy that to my photos and spread it around.

DF

You're welcome! Have at it! [Linked Image from cloudynights.com]

Frankly, IMHO, the NRA has thought of its members as being a bunch of rubes to be fleeced for a long time.

"Whose bright idea was it to put every idiot in the world in touch with every other idiot? It's working!" -- P. J. O'Rourke
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Has anyone ever noticed that LaPierre can be tranlated as "The Peter"? (Although "la" is used with a feminine word.)

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by rflshtr
I am a Life member of the NRA since high school. I went to my first annual meeting last year in Indianapolis. I registered to vote at the annual meeting. I have submitted my written ballot for Directors for many years.

Of over 3,000,000 members, only about 100 bothered to get credentialed to vote at the annual meeting from what I observed. Of the approximately 100 who voted, about 15-20 opposed the policies advocated by President Cotton who is a crony of La Pierre. I was one of that group.

Whenever one of our small group opposed to the proposed NRA policies attempted to speak about the issues, we were shouted down or not recognized by the chair (Pres).

This is the result of apathy on the part of members (me included) who failed to get involved when the problems surfaced years ago.

Kudos to Neal Knox and his son Jeff who have been trying to call attention to the problems within the NRA for years with little success due to the stranglehold Wayne and his cronies had on the organization.

Shame on you if you were a member and did nothing to fix the problem when it surfaced years ago. I am guilty and only realized it within the last few years. This organization could still be a great asset but needs members to get involved rather than sit on the sidelines and complain after the fact.
Wouldn’t there need to be a total restructure of the organization, replacing top down board governance with a bottom up scenario?

Looks to me as long as the bureaucracy rules and controls the board, why have a board. Window dressing? The good guys got out. Cronies stayed. But if someone blew the whistle, it got shut down. Sounds sorta like out current Fed govt.

I’m not sure what the answer is. We need a powerful 2A force, not sure the NRA is still in that category.

DF

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

This points to the heart of the issue. The organization has become about the BOD and WLP, with the will of the membership not given consideration. It has been made very clear over the past 4-5 years that the members do not approve of the job WLP has been doing.

Buttfugk the NRA.

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

This points to the heart of the issue. The organization has become about the BOD and WLP, with the will of the membership not given consideration. It has been made very clear over the past 4-5 years that the members do not approve of the job WLP has been doing.

Buttfugk the NRA.
How was the rank and file to do anything with the choke hold the BOD and WLP had on the purse strings and the publications?

Maybe all this had to happen to clean house. Latisha with all her angst and vile may actually be doing us a favor. Previous efforts by members have been largely ignored, swept under the rug. Don't think they can ignore what's coming down the pike. Latisha's sorta big to sweep under the rug. She'd leave a good sized lump.....!

Hope there's a house left when the dust settles.

DF

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

Buttfugk the NRA.
How was the rank and file to do anything with the choke hold the BOD and WLP had on the purse strings and the publications?

Maybe all this had to happen to clean house. Latisha with all her angst and vile may actually be doing us a favor. Previous efforts by members have been largely ignored, swept under the rug. Don't think they can ignore what's coming down the pike. Latisha's sorta big to sweep under the rug. She'd leave a good sized lump.....!

DF

I would imagine that the NRA heard directly from members thousands of times that they were done until WLP was gone. They heard it from me 3 different times. I have heard from others who have communicated the same thing. Beyond that, if they had cared to take the pulse of their members, they would have known that. If they had cared to question why they were losing membership and GOA was gaining, they would have known that.

The bottom line is they thought they were too big and too important to have to listen to their members. They FAFOd. Fugk 'em.

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D

Buttfugk the NRA.

DF

I would imagine that the NRA heard directly from members thousands of times that they were done until WLP was gone. They heard it from me 3 different times. I have heard from others who have communicated the same thing. Beyond that, if they had cared to take the pulse of their members, they would have known that. If they had cared to question why they were losing membership and GOA was gaining, they would have known that.

The bottom line is they thought they were too big and too important to have to listen to their members. They FAFOd. Fugk 'em.
How many fund raising calls to guys like us, were answered with a "Call me when WLP is history". I know they had to have heard that hundreds, thousands of times. When the money starts drying up, that gets their attention.

But, seems they kept the wagons circling until Latisha went after them. They failed to file for bankruptcy in TX, had to face the NY music.

Can't say I feel sorry for them. I feel sorry for the 2A rank and file who have been supporting them all these years. Lot of us shut off the money spigot some years back. I hear and see that a lot.

DF

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
WLP and his crony's really never gave a chit about the rank and file. That is perfectly clear in hindsight. This became their personal piggy bank and playground for lifestyles of the rich and shameless. I am a die hard patriot and was a long time NRA fan and member until the STEALING came to light and that really bothered me. I will not support the NRA until it is revamped top to bottom and HOPEFULLY WLP AND HIS CHIT TARDS GO TO THE GREYBAR RESORT.

If you find yourself in a hole....quit digging
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

554 members (06hunter59, 12344mag, 204guy, 1234, 10gaugeman, 1badf350, 63 invisible), 2,562 guests, and 1,211 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,813
Posts18,516,535
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.