Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 11 of 13 1 2 9 10 11 12 13
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Greyghost
I once knew a Latter-day Saints family that was into all that crap. Stored away a good portion of their income into dry food stuffs and canned goods, as well as camping gear. blankets and tools. Garage full of it. Within 5 years it was all junk and worthless. And a lot of money down the drain. Plan ahead and prepare for emergencies, but going overboard isn't the answer. People watch too much TV and listen to the wrong people.

Phil

But wait... there's more, the gift that keeps giving... endless epic stupidity.
Freeze dried food has a 25yr shelf life
Bean, rice and wheat stored properly has a 30 yr shelf life
Canned good stored properly are about the same
Camping gear last many decades
Same for tools......

Phil lives in Socal he will wish for death in shtf

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
GB1

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
What failed currencies would that be. The only one we've had was with the South during the Civil War. England, France (though I think I remember France having one in the 1700's). 3rd world currency's that's it. While a lot of countries used gold and silver for coinage, it was only because it was easy to work with and didn't corrode. It damn sure wasn't the only metal coinage was made out of.

Phil

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
What failed currencies would that be. The only one we've had was with the South during the Civil War. England, France (though I think I remember France having one in the 1700's). 3rd world currency's that's it. While a lot of countries used gold and silver for coinage, it was only because it was easy to work with and didn't corrode. It damn sure wasn't the only metal coinage was made out of.

Phil
"No State shall ... make any Thing but gold and silver Coin a Tender in Payment of Debts."

- US Constitution

Yeah, they didn't care what our money was made of. crazy Only specified it clearly in the Constitution.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
The founders left ways to change the Constitution... you all seem to forget that.

Phil

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
The founders left ways to change the Constitution... you all seem to forget that.

Phil
That's still there. Never repealed.

IC B2

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by irfubar
There is no precious metals to it, or a precious valuation. Just as you wouldn't put cash in your mattress and leave it for 30 years. Same with gold, when it ceases to produce an increase in value or purchasing power its worthless, or at least worth less than worth keeping.

Phil
More epic ignorance.... but coming from a liberal it's to be expected
Not really. Central banks across the globe are buying all the good they can cause they expect a huge increase in orthodontic disease.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Doesn't need to be, Congress has the sole authority to set the valuation and amount. They also have the sole authority to borrow against it.

Phil

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
If has already been said, it bears repeating!

Haggai 2:8 "Silver is mine and Gold are mine saith the Lord of hosts"

I don't know much, I believe my Lord and Savior's word are good today, as they were then. My GOD must have had a value in them to say that. If it was good then it still holds true today.

If your a leftist, whatever Donald Trump says or does, that pisses you off rest assured, I am a Happy Camper!
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
The Uber wealthy like gold, art and real estate.

Can take gold and art with you and return to real estate when unrest cools down.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I once knew a Latter-day Saints family that was into all that crap. Stored away a good portion of their income into dry food stuffs and canned goods, as well as camping gear. blankets and tools. Garage full of it. Within 5 years it was all junk and worthless. And a lot of money down the drain. Plan ahead and prepare for emergencies, but going overboard isn't the answer. People watch too much TV and listen to the wrong people.

Phil

A good portion of their income? Sounds like 5K, maybe? You are such a liar.

IC B3

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by TimberRunner

Phil

A good portion of their income? Sounds like 5K, maybe? You are such a liar.
What a horrible liar .LOL

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
That's rich, coming from someone that doesn't have the education except for posting pictures. And the biggest liar on this site...

Phil

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Liar? nothing like the two of you. A retired couple that lived 3 homes up from me. 3 car garage front to back, wall to wall, and all the way to the ceiling. 55 gal. drums of everything you could think of most was just plastic trash bags in cardboard drums. Plastic 55 gal drums full of water. Canvass tents, cots, and racks of clothing, all open to the dust and rot. Flour, Corn Meal, Beans, Rice, all full of weevils or bugs. Wasn't room to walk much less park a car in there. Liar, you dumb [bleep] you just don't know a damn thing about what you are talking about.

Phil

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Liar? nothing like the two of you. A retired couple that lived 3 homes up from me. 3 car garage front to back, wall to wall, and all the way to the ceiling. 55 gal. drums of everything you could think of most was just plastic trash bags in cardboard drums. Plastic 55 gal drums full of water. Canvass tents, cots, and racks of clothing, all open to the dust and rot. Flour, Corn Meal, Beans, Rice, all full of weevils or bugs. Wasn't room to walk much less park a car in there. Liar, you dumb [bleep] you just don't know a damn thing about what you are talking about.

Phil

Tell us what great Patriots Zero, Michael, Bill and Kilery and the Bidets are?

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by knivesforme

I don't know much, I believe my Lord and Savior's word are good today, as they were then. My GOD must have had a value in them to say that. If it was good then it still holds true today.

Humm. And the Constitution HE gave us created in His Image, that of a Spirit, meant to be free, dictated our currency be backed by gold and silver iirc?

So what dimocommie pukes sold us out and got us using the fake Fiat currency of the Illuminati Puppetmasters?

Wouldn't currency backed by a finite quantity of precious metal increase in value over the years as the hordes of people on the earth multiples and vies for a bit of that? Instead of a currency that the Satanists use to rob the citizenry as they age?

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]image sharing sites

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by knivesforme

I believe the context of the verse is that all wealth belongs to the Lord, and not to man. It exists at his will and that it should be used to glorify God, in his temple.

"Full time night woman? I never could find no tracks on a woman's heart. I packed me a squaw for ten year, Pilgrim. Cheyenne, she were, and the meanest bitch that ever balled for beads."
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Silver and gold will always have value, God has put that in the heart of man.

"I was born in the log cabin I helped my grandfather build"
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Everyone knows Mormons stockpile a bunch of food. Hate to be a Mormon when the hordes get hungry.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Calvin
Everyone knows Mormons stockpile a bunch of food. Hate to be a Mormon when the hordes get hungry.
Yes, having food when everyone's hungry will be horrible.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by dassa
Originally Posted by Calvin
Yes, having food when everyone's hungry will be horrible.

Yeah, because they will come ask nicely for it.

Page 11 of 13 1 2 9 10 11 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

553 members (1badf350, 10Glocks, 1minute, 222ND, 10gaugemag, 204guy, 60 invisible), 2,515 guests, and 1,130 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,798
Posts18,516,179
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.