Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Oldquailhunter
Lazy...I work with several guys that are not NRA members even though they only own "assault" type weapons. They really want to keep thier stuff but will not join. I can't even guilt them into joining.

Dink

Maybe they being to gun rights organizations that don't suck. 😉

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Wayne used the organization as his personal debit card and the board allowed it. More heads will have to roll before I ever give them money again.

Last edited by minengr; 01/09/24.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I don't know how many times I have pointed it out, but then again I do not know how many times I will point it out again: the board of directors controls who gets on the nominating committee and the nominating committee controls who gets on the ballot for the board of directors. That's how the bylaws are written.

Any guesses as to how the bylaws can be amended? LOL.

In case it's not self evident, what this means is that a closed group has seized control and consolidated power in such a way that the membership is powerless to make any changes that the board of directors does not want.

If that ain't SWAMP, I don't know what is.

And we wonder why WLP was able to milk the organization as long as he did?

I won't even try to predict whether NRA can ever recover and become the organization most of us believed it to be until a few years ago, but the fact of the matter is that it is NOT the organization we thought we were supporting. And it won't be until the bylaws are changed to allow the membership more influence.

I can understand some of the guys here who just refuse to believe the NRA isn't the greatest organization going. I used to believe that myself, but the day came that I had to admit to myself that my eyes were not lying to me.

Just another example why some say "the truth hurts."

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by RiverRider
I don't know how many times I have pointed it out, but then again I do not know how many times I will point it out again: the board of directors controls who gets on the nominating committee and the nominating committee controls who gets on the ballot for the board of directors. That's how the bylaws are written.

In case it's not self evident, what this means is that a closed group has seized control and consolidated power in such a way that the membership is powerless to make any changes that the board of directors does not want.

I won't even try to predict whether NRA can ever recover and become the organization most of us believed it to be until a few years ago, but the fact of the matter is that it is NOT the organization we thought we were supporting. And it won't be until the bylaws are changed to allow the membership more influence.

I can understand some of the guys here who just refuse to believe the NRA isn't the greatest organization going. I used to believe that myself, but the day came that I had to admit to myself that my eyes were not lying to me.

The truth doesn't hurt, it is what it is. The issue is who is going to takeover as the 800 pound gorilla in the room for gun rights? 2020 form 990s has the NRA taking in 105 million in contributions, the GOA took in about 6 million. 6 mill will get a few wins in lawsuits, its not going to buy very much influence in a presidential or senate race. In the 2020 election the NRA out spent by 8 million all the other gun organizations combined. If people want a comparable replacement to the NRA they better get out their wallets and dig deep.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Pat85
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
The NRA isn't the only game in town.

They are the only 800 pound gorilla in the room though. The SAF or GOA combined takes in annually about a third of what the NRA donated to Trumps 2016 run.

This. When the leftists want to attack a gun organization who do they go after ?? The NRA. And, yes, I am a member of the NRA and have been for years. I will continue to be a member . Why ? Because the political left hates us and I want them to know the feeling is mutual.

And donating to republicans and the Donald Trump campaign is why the AG of New York attacked them. Wayne left the door open for the attack and he is getting what he deserves but there are a lot of good Americans in the same boat as me. I truly dislike the AG of New York and I truly believe she is the problem and NOT the NRA or the members of the NRA.

So, it you want to stick it in the eye of the political left, keep on paying them NRA dues and keeping the numbers up is the only thing those leftist kchunts understand. In the end, the b!th will be gone and the NRA will still be standing if we hang in there and support the mission and charter of the NRA.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Here's a perfect example of what the NRA is all about:

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

In case you don't know who Dade Phelan is, then read up about how he (as Speaker of the Texas House) was called out for conducting the State's business while completely shitfaced by the Attorney general, Ken Paxton and how in retaliation Phelan launched a failed attempt to impeach and remove Paxton from office. Quite a story, it was.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
They haven't corrected their problem yet. Buttfugk them.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by kwg020

They are the only 800 pound gorilla in the room though. The SAF or GOA combined takes in annually about a third of what the NRA donated to Trumps 2016 run.

This. When the leftists want to attack a gun organization who do they go after ?? The NRA. And, yes, I am a member of the NRA and have been for years. I will continue to be a member . Why ? Because the political left hates us and I want them to know the feeling is mutual.

And donating to republicans and the Donald Trump campaign is why the AG of New York attacked them. Wayne left the door open for the attack and he is getting what he deserves but there are a lot of good Americans in the same boat as me. I truly dislike the AG of New York and I truly believe she is the problem and NOT the NRA or the members of the NRA.

So, it you want to stick it in the eye of the political left, keep on paying them NRA dues and keeping the numbers up is the only thing those leftist kchunts understand. In the end, the b!th will be gone and the NRA will still be standing if we hang in there and support the mission and charter of the NRA.

kwg

Oohhhh...I get it now. The way to win is to keep throwing good money after bad.

That'll change the world. Yup.

Don't be the darkness.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

The reason for that is that people don't have the spine to jump ship. The crooked NRA loves people like you. lol.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

In case you don't know who Dade Phelan is, then read up about how he (as Speaker of the Texas House) was called out for conducting the State's business while completely shitfaced by the Attorney general, Ken Paxton and how in retaliation Phelan launched a failed attempt to impeach and remove Paxton from office. Quite a story, it was.

Yep. Just another confirmation that I was correct in dropping the NRA. I'm a member of the GOA, now. The NRA needs to clean house - every board director must be replaced.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

IC B3

G
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
G
NRA will have to demonstrate that they are willing to fight for our rights, until then the GOA is getting my support and actually fighting.

WLP and his cronies can go [bleep] right off, not another cent.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T

kwg

the NRA is like the Demoncraps, just throw money at the problem, after they take out their cut, which the NRA does quite well. one dollar for the problem, $20 for me, one dollar for the problem, $20 for me..........

"Russia sucks."
---- Me, US Army (retired) 12B & 51B

Russian Admiral said, after the Moskva sank, "we have the world's worst navy but we aren't as bad as our army".

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by gonehuntin

Yep. Just another confirmation that I was correct in dropping the NRA. I'm a member of the GOA, now. The NRA needs to clean house - every board director must be replaced.

Not enough. The bylaws have to be changed or the organization will remain the same.

Don't be the darkness.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
They have a lot of proving to do before I'll trust the NRA with any more of my money. WLP is gone, but has his "posse"?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

kwg

$35 a year. There is no mandate to add any more. It's a case of let's take out the trash then stand together.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S

The truth doesn't hurt, it is what it is. The issue is who is going to takeover as the 800 pound gorilla in the room for gun rights? 2020 form 990s has the NRA taking in 105 million in contributions, the GOA took in about 6 million. 6 mill will get a few wins in lawsuits, its not going to buy very much influence in a presidential or senate race. In the 2020 election the NRA out spent by 8 million all the other gun organizations combined. If people want a comparable replacement to the NRA they better get out their wallets and dig deep.

What seamstress has influence over senate/potus races?

S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by reivertom
They have a lot of proving to do before I'll trust the NRA with any more of my money. WLP is gone, but has his "posse"?
No, he picked his replacement.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
They haven't corrected their problem yet. Buttfugk them.
The only real solution is bankruptcy, complete liquidation. Otherwise Wayne and whoever else feathered their nests with huge retirements and golden parachutes get to keep sucking up the money. The legal bills for their shenanigans will continue to be paid. It is time to burn this old rotten barn down.

There is no other way to get rid of the blood suckers and 76 board of directors that have been robbing this organization for decades. Ever wonder why they wouldn't fight anti-gun laws in court? That would have solved the question of the 2nd amendment. A crisis atmosphere had to be maintained.

Other organizations won the big court decisions while the big bad NRA stood around yapping like a neutered dog at a gang bang.

By the way I'm a life member and I throw the magazine away every time it comes in.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
$35 a year. There is no mandate to add any more. It's a case of let's take out the trash then stand together.

kwg

I don't think you understand.

Certain members get to vote in the BoD elections. As a Life Member I get to vote.

Guess what? No one is on the ballot unless the nominating committee allows them to be.

Guess who control who is on the nominating committee? That would be the Board of Directors.

My vote truly means nothing because no one sits on the nominating committee who would upset the applecart, and the nomonating committee will allow no one on the ballot for the BoD elections who would upset the applecart.

Can you see the problem here?

You cannot take out the trash because you have NO influence over who sits on the Nominating Committee.

You cannot take out the trash because you cannot get a nominee for the BoD past the Nominating Committee.

The trash OWNS the organization. They have a lock on it. You and I have NO SAY WHATSOEVER, but you can send them all the money you want to send.

NRA is SWAMP.

Don't be the darkness.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

kwg

I don't think you understand.

Certain members get to vote in the BoD elections. As a Life Member I get to vote.

Guess what? No one is on the ballot unless the nominating committee allows them to be.

Guess who control who is on the nominating committee? That would be the Board of Directors.

My vote truly means nothing because no one sits on the nominating committee who would upset the applecart, and the nomonating committee will allow no one on the ballot for the BoD elections who would upset the applecart.

Can you see the problem here?

You cannot take out the trash because you have NO influence over who sits on the Nominating Committee.

You cannot take out the trash because you cannot get a nominee for the BoD past the Nominating Committee.

The trash OWNS the organization. They have a lock on it. You and I have NO SAY WHATSOEVER, but you can send them all the money you want to send.

NRA is SWAMP.
AMEN. That is why I say force the organization into bankruptcy and liquidate it. Then it can be reorganized as the NNRA meaning the new NRA or one of the up and coming organizations can take in the refugees. There is no repairing the old NRA without the entire BOD gone along with the bylaws.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

68 members (7mm_Loco, BlackHunter, blackhawk44, aaronward9, 10gaugemag, big_g270, 7 invisible), 1,513 guests, and 839 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,557
Posts18,510,442
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.