Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by antlers
I understand the tension that this approach causes for some; something inside of some folks tempts them to believe that God loves His Law more than He loves the people that He created. And some are tempted to prioritize rules over people. May be that a lotta people left church because someone there prioritized the Bible over their divorced mother or their drug-addicted prostitute sister. But Jesus came to offer us a life greater than keeping religious rules.

That was not my question.

“Greater than keeping religious rules “, you say??

If society as a whole doesn’t follow the rules (religious) then you wind up having a society that we now have.

I apologize but I’m not understanding your slant on this.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Back up and read all of my last post.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Back up and read all of my last post.

Will do and thanks.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Houston_2
If society as a whole doesn’t follow the rules (religious) then you wind up having a society that we now have.
I see it differently; I see it like I believe Jesus meant when He said what He did. If society as a whole simply embraced what Jesus commanded in Matthew 22:37-40 and in John 13:34-35, then we would not have the society that we now have.

If only those who profess to be Christians would all simply embrace what Jesus commanded in Matthew 22:37-40 and in John 13:34-35, then we would very likely not have the society that we now have.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Jesus did claim to be God.

John 8:57 So the Jews said to him, "You are not yet fifty years old, and have you seen Abraham?"
58 Jesus said to them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I am."

I Am is God's name, told to Moses at the burning bush. Jesus called himself that and the Jews knew exactly what he was saying - he was claiming to be God.

Great post.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B2

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I see it differently; I see it like I believe Jesus meant when He said what He did. If society as a whole simply embraced what Jesus commanded in Matthew 22:37-40 and in John 13:34-35, then we would not have the society that we now have.

If those who profess to be Christians would all simply embrace what Jesus commanded in Matthew 22:37-40 and in John 13:34-35, then we would very likely not have the society that we now have.

Much appreciate your replies.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by BCBH
All this cucking and the jew would stab the christian in the back

https://twitter.com/CathChivalry/status/1745867402133274907

Jooish influencer Adam King says he would get rid of Catholicism over Islam! His debate teammate Gavin Mcinnes walked out in complete disappointment
Catholicism is no more Christianity than is Islam. They both claim to revere Jesus but that is about all. I resigned the Southern Baptist Church recently because I could not reconcile its beliefs with Jesus' teachings.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.
Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Hebrew Roots Judaizer
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by RHClark
Jesus did claim to be God.

John 8:57 So the Jews said to him, "You are not yet fifty years old, and have you seen Abraham?"
58 Jesus said to them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I am."

I Am is God's name, told to Moses at the burning bush. Jesus called himself that and the Jews knew exactly what he was saying - he was claiming to be God.

I think he did let people know he was God when appropriate, but mostly he referred to himself as, The Son of Man. Both are true. The concept that he made himself equal to God was what got him executed. Jesus was the first to speak of God as Father, a blasphemous thing in his time.

I think that was the excuse used to get HIM crucified.

The real reason was the same reason the Jews, like Gates, Soros, Klaus Schwab, Kissinger, Zuckerberg, Bezos, Faukki, the Rothschilds, Rockefellers and Illuminati are that they are of the bloodlines of the Nephilim, descendants of Cain, the Keniges and Edomites, want to destroy America and its Constitution. It proclaims the Almighty the Creator and that HIS are to be free and rule supreme over their governor.

Satan and the other sons of God kicked out of God's Kingdom resented and didn't want to submit to HIM.

They are that way now. That's why they have, through the ages, gravitated to destroying killing, torturing, and eating GODS most innocent. It's their Satanic worship designed to hurt HIM.

What did GOD do to Satan. HE cut off his legs (and wings?) and made him crawl in and eat dirt for all ages, and for the heel of man to stomp his head after he had been the most magnificent of all angles.

Last edited by jaguartx; 01/13/24.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Jesus dealt with the law in one of his last breaths on the cross: "It is finished." He came to fulfill the law and it was fulfilled at that moment.

Even before his death, Jesus acknowledged that it was only for the Jews. Look at the gentile woman who begged him to heal her daughter. He told her he came only for the Jews but she said that even the dogs eat the crumbs under the Jews' table. Jesus saved her for her faith, not for following the law.

Mat 5:22 And behold, a Canaanite woman from that region came out and was crying, "Have mercy on me, O Lord, Son of David; my daughter is severely oppressed by a demon."
23 But he did not answer her a word. And his disciples came and begged him, saying, "Send her away, for she is crying out after us."
24 He answered, "I was sent only to the lost sheep of the house of Israel."
25 But she came and knelt before him, saying, "Lord, help me."
26 And he answered, "It is not right to take the children’s bread and throw it to the dogs."
27 She said, "Yes, Lord, yet even the dogs eat the crumbs that fall from their masters’ table."
28 Then Jesus answered her, "O woman, great is your faith! Be it done for you as you desire." And her daughter was healed instantly.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Jesus dealt with the law in one of his last breaths on the cross: "It is finished." He came to fulfill the law and it was fulfilled at that moment.
So Jesus meant something else in his most important recorded sermon? When he he said "Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven. But whoever shall do and teach them shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven. For I say unto you, that except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and the Pharisees ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven."

"Till heaven and earth pass"

Now, put that in your pipe and smoke it.

He warned you not to trust someone claiming they saw him out in the desert.

Hebrew Roots Judaizer
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
And besides that not all has been fulfilled. Jesus hasn't returned as a conqueror yet. We are either in the tribulation or working our way into it. It ain't over yet.

Hebrew Roots Judaizer
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
New wine in old wineskins doesn’t work. At all. Not even a little bit. Jesus made that clear. And a new patch on an old garment doesn’t work either. At all. Not even a little bit. Jesus made that clear.

All in the Law has absolutely been fulfilled, by Jesus. Jesus made that clear as well. The Law was the subject of their discussion. Not Jesus returning as conqueror, not the tribulation, and not anything else.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
The Ten Commandments were given as a portion of the Law of Moses.

I understand that. Are you saying that none of those original 10 commandments any longer apply after Jesus came and went?

You have to understand the purpose of the commandments. They are NOT a guide to live by. None can or ever could keep them all except Jesus and then only because Jesus was not born of man tainted by sin.

God gave the commandments not to give a guide to live by as most churches have preached. God gave them to show that it is impossible to be righteous by obedience. The priest hood was established to make people rely on sacrifice to cover their wrongs. By doing this people were to learn to rely on the sacrifice rather than on their own obedience-works.

It's not that the commandments are not a good thing to keep. It's that no one can keep them good enough to matter one bit. God doesn't want us to break the commandments. He just doesn't want us to place importance on the commandments over the sacrifice of Jesus. It is His sacrifice and your faith in him for making that sacrifice that gives righteousness with God, not keeping the commandments.

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by MarineHawk
This always has troubled me.
Huh?

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Hastings
So Jesus meant something else in his most important recorded sermon? When he he said "Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven. But whoever shall do and teach them shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven. For I say unto you, that except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and the Pharisees ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven."

You have been told 100 times that Jesus did fulfill all the law. The law has been fulfilled.

The only way for anyone's righteousness to exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees who took great lengths to obey the law is "In Jesus."

You need to put "till all be fulfilled" in your pipe and smoke it. You are smoking the wrong verse.

Last edited by RHClark; 01/14/24.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Christian followers of Jesus are not beholden to...any of the Ten Commandments either. Christian followers of Jesus are beholden to the commandments that Jesus Himself gave in Matthew 22:37-40 and in John 13:34-35. Those commandments cover ALL of the entirety of the Law and the Prophets. Jesus Himself made that abundantly clear.
That's like saying Christians aren't bound by the law of gravity.

The New Covenant is indeed more restrictive than the Mosaic Covenant (Which is one of about 5 covenants God made with Man.)

Politics is War by Other Means
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

You have been told 100 times that Jesus did fulfill all the law. The law has been fulfilled.

The only way for anyone's righteousness to exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees who took great lengths to obey the law is "In Jesus."

You need to put "till all be fulfilled" in your pipe and smoke it. You are smoking the wrong verse.
Now now "till all be fulfilled" "until heaven and earth pass". It's not over yet.
New wine in old wineskins doesn’t work. At all. Not even a little bit. Jesus made that clear. And a new patch on an old garment doesn’t work either. At all. Not even a little bit. Jesus made that clear.

All in the Law has absolutely been fulfilled, by Jesus. Jesus made that clear as well. The Law was the subject of their discussion. Not Jesus returning as conqueror, not the tribulation, and not anything else.
"Till ALL be fulfilled"

Hebrew Roots Judaizer
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Christian followers of Jesus are not beholden to...any of the Ten Commandments either. Christian followers of Jesus are beholden to the commandments that Jesus Himself gave in Matthew 22:37-40 and in John 13:34-35. Those commandments cover ALL of the entirety of the Law and the Prophets. Jesus Himself made that abundantly clear.
Originally Posted by Tyrone
That's like saying Christians aren't bound by the law of gravity.
No it’s not. But if you wanna continue to try to live by the 613 different commandments in the Law of Moses…and be made right with God by your ability to do so…then knock yourself out. No real Jew (except for Jesus) was ever able to do it. Ever. And pretend (fake) Jews most certainly can’t do it either. Furthermore, Judaism (as prescribed in the Law of Moses) hasn’t been practiced by anybody since August 6th in 70 AD, when it went completely out of business. Just as Jesus predicted. But, you can always cherry-pick just a tiny fraction of those 613 different commandments and abide by ‘only’ them…and completely ignore over 600 of the rest of em’…and ‘claim’ that you’re Torah observant (even though you’re clearly not).

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R

Now now "till all be fulfilled" "until heaven and earth pass". It's not over yet.

"Till ALL be fulfilled"

Do you actually think those verses are saying that the law will stand till heaven and earth pass away? If so, you are very confused. The verses are saying that as long as heaven and earth stand those laws will not pass away "until" they are fulfilled. It's like saying as long as I am alive you will owe that money you borrowed from me until it is paid. When you pay the money or fulfill the contract, it's done. I don't have to die now for the contract to be fulfilled. The contract was fulfilled when Jesus died.

That is the whole reason he died. He fulfilled the contract to be sinless and go to heaven sinless on your behalf. The only way you can go to Heaven is to accept that Jesus fulfilled that contract for you. You can never be good enough to do it on your own.

The "ALL" that is being referred to in those verses is what was fulfilled by Jesus. What Jesus fulfilled was to be sinless and yet suffer all the consequences of sin. He both kept the contract that God made with man by obeying all of it, and he also paid all the price of disobeying it.

Last edited by RHClark; 01/14/24.
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Someone here said, He would have done It for me alone,

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

68 members (7mm_Loco, 35, Allen Martin, 300_savage, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 6 invisible), 1,687 guests, and 946 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,326
Posts18,526,471
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.