-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 16 1 2 3 4 15 16
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A year ago we were in South Dakota. Coming out of Rapid City the speed limit changes to 80 all the way to Sioux Falls, I think. I told my wife if she was more comfortable driving 70 that was OK. But I told her to stay in the right lane. I also told her if she needed to pass someone make sure no one is coming up behind her. If they were let them go the speed limit and she could slow down for the vehicle in front of her. She had never driven over 70 before and was learning to drive so I thought that was best for her.

GB1

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
MN drivers are the worst. Camped out in the left lane.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by TimberRunner
MN drivers are the worst. Camped out in the left lane.

It's called the "Minnesota Wedge" where an idiot in the fast lane matches speed with someone in the slow lane, just like Cecil above bragged about doing. He's from Iowa, so it must have spread south........

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I don't care if you're running 120...if you aren't passing someone, get the hell out of the left friggin lane!!!!! This goes double for tractor trailers.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter
Originally Posted by local_dirt
If some meathead BEHIND ME thinks I'm gonna do 90 because he thinks I'm "in his way", he can GFH.

Yep. The fastest car on the road doesn’t get to dictate the speed limit. I try to be courteous, but if some pos is going to tailgate when I’m passing slower traffic, they’re going to sit there a while.

Yep.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
IC B2

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by gregintenn
I don't care if you're running 120...if you aren't passing someone, get the hell out of the left friggin lane!!!!! This goes double for tractor trailers.

Yep.
Most states have signs, Slower Traffic Use Right Lane.

Texas Troopers will write you up for staying in the left lane.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by 5sdad
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter
If some meathead BEHIND ME thinks I'm gonna do 90 because he thinks I'm "in his way", he can GFH.

Yep. The fastest car on the road doesn’t get to dictate the speed limit. I try to be courteous, but if some pos is going to tailgate when I’m passing slower traffic, they’re going to sit there a while.

Yep.
I hope all three of you catch the crabs from your wives.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
try getting in the left lane when you are 60 ft long going uphill at 80,000 lbs ... ya better be there a mile before you have to turn because most drivers are not going to let you in.

Norm

There is not enough darkness in all the world to put out the light of even one small candle----Robert Alden .
If it wern't entertaining, I wouldn't keep coming back.------the BigSky

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I tend to drive in the right lane at the posted speed limit. Pass slower traffic as needed and then back to the right lane. Ride my ass while I'm doing the limit and refuse to pass on the left will only frustrate you. IDGAF if you sit there all day. Plenty of times I've seen some hotshot who passed by in a blur get pulled over just up the road.

For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: "If a man will not work, he shall not eat."

2 Thessalonians 3:10
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
The old fudd camped in the left lane with his sturdy blue haired old lady doing 60 headed to the Win-Dixie is the same old fudd that gets tripped up at 4 way stops and round abouts.

IC B3

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by goalie
Originally Posted by Cecil56
I'm old, in no hurry, and like to do it now and then, just to pizz off the can't get up and need to rush folks!

Speed limit 65 MPH. Get behind someone doing 63. Set my cruise on 65 and take time passing them for 3 miles or so. LOL

At least you realize you're an azzhole.....
Why am I an azzhole for not breaking the law?
I see everyone always hammering on old Sharpblades or whatever he goes by, for baiting deer or whatever he did.
Law is the law. Big difference in baiting a deer and speeding? Both can get you a fine.

Back when they enacted the 55 MPH speed limit, years ago, I got nailed for speeding. Got me on radar doing 57 MPH in a 55 zone. Cost me the price of a new pair of boots for the ticket. The officer was a prick, granted. But I DID break the law and paid for it.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J

There are a lot of Meatheads in S FLA dirt, as you are well aware I'm sure. As soon as I hit Ft Pearce heading south the traffic picks up and people are off to the races.

“No one in hell can ever say I went to Christ and He rejected me.

C.H. Spurgeon
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If you are in the right lane of a divided 4 lane or on a two lane when that happens, understandable itch.

If you are in the left lane of a divided 4 lane, simply move to the right.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
The German Autobahn works because every German knows how to drive and I love driving there - especially motorcycles.

I hate driving on American roads with the typical entitled American behind the wheel - It's my right to drive however I want, everyone else can just GFY.

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Originally Posted by JeffA
People are as ignorant about left lane laws as they are about changing lanes when turning at a intersection and sweeping across three lanes.

No comprehension at all as to how it could possibly be their fault when an accident occurs as a result of their stupidity.

Yep. The amount of dumbass drivers on the roads nowadays never ceases to amaze me.

And don’t get me started on the idiots driving down the highway with their cell phones stuck up in front of their faces and texting. 😡

Even the "Professionals" - I swear, sometimes truckers are as bad as teen and '20's girls about texting!

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Not being racist, but why do blacks not know how to use Bluetooth and cruise control?

I set my cruise control at 85 and I'll pass the same moron 10 times in 10 miles. I eventually tire of the game and crank it up to 95 to put some distance between us. Then, 20 minutes later they are trying to pass me again...

Last edited by STRSWilson; 01/15/24.

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by STRSWilson
Not being racist, but why do blacks not know how to use Bluetooth and cruise control?
Bluetoof is racist....like bluegum!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 7mm_Loco
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Come on guys, if you are driving at or below the speed limit, you need to be in the slow lane. That is on the right hand side. Don't slow down when you get alongside a semi either. You like fu cking with other drivers, and then wonder why there's road rage.
i run 5-7 mph over the posted limit (to avoid tickets)... i move over ASAP if someone approaches my bumper... if that ain't good enough, they can GF themselves!......

I'll speed up and move over and then drop back dow to 5-7 mph over the speed limit. I do it to be courteous, I'm mindful that the person behind me "might" have an actual emergency or some other good reason for speeding. It's not my job to slow them down and I would rather have them in front of me than tailgating me. I don't tailgate either.

Remember why, specifically, the Bill of Rights was written...remember its purpose. It was written to limit the power of government over the individual.

There is no believing a liar, even when he speaks the truth.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I typically set the cruise on 73 in a 70 zone. You have speed governed trucks and a few people who will not go over the posted speed limit. Then you have those drivers who will run 77 or so thinking they won't be ticketed at that speed. This group seems to be the majority. Then you have those that haul ass and those that go really slow, those typically being large towing vehicles. That speed works great for me, because I won't get a ticket and don't have to do anything when I see enforcement. I often find myself in a nice bubble with nobody around me.

When I go to pass, I look behind and make sure that nobody is going to have to jam on the brakes. I'll keep my speed at 73 if nobody is coming up behind me. I'll run it up to 76 or 77 if someone will arrive at my back bumper before I complete my pass. Someone who thinks I am supposed to dive out of their way into a tight gap between vehicles or speed up to a speed that will get me a ticket, so that they can do 95, will be disappointed.

If i come up in the left lane behind someone who is actively passing, I remain a safe distance behind. If I come up behind someone running a rolling road block, I stay back and give a few flashes of the lights. If that doesn't work, I start crowding them.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by STRSWilson

I set my cruise control at 85 and I'll pass the same moron 10 times in 10 miles. I eventually tire of the game and crank it up to 95 to put some distance between us. Then, 20 minutes later they are trying to pass me again...

I detest people who leapfrog. In my experience, no race or gender has a monopoly on it.

Page 2 of 16 1 2 3 4 15 16

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

97 members (44mc, 7887mm08, 35, AceBall, achlupsa, Akhutr, 11 invisible), 1,692 guests, and 770 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,760
Posts18,514,970
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.