Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 15 16
R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
I guess driving way over the speed limit is not an entitlement by the way I read some of these posts. ๐Ÿ˜€

GB1

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
The left lane is the show off lane. If ya ain't showing off then stay the fuqq out of the show off lane. Let those of us that are showing off get the hell away from the citiots.

Just because you're offended doesn't mean your right.
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by Cecil56
Originally Posted by Tide_Change
I'm old, in no hurry, and like to do it now and then, just to pizz off the can't get up and need to rush folks!

Speed limit 65 MPH. Get behind someone doing 63. Set my cruise on 65 and take time passing them for 3 miles or so. LOL

Yet another dumbsheit from Iowa.
Yep! Come and visit us soon. (or not so soon, I may be in the left lane ahead of you) LOL!
Are you a speeder, poacher or how do you break the law? Steal tips from the waitress at the tables?
Me? Worst I do is poison loose dogs in the neighborhood that crap in my yard. I HATE dogs.

Then I go cuddle up with my cat and take a nap. She feels better with no dogs in the yard.

Youโ€™re a sick fuqqing psychopath and you have the nerve to lecture people about โ€œthe law is the lawโ€. Azz whole.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Then I go cuddle up with my cat and take a nap.

Golly gee, I never woulda guessed.

E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Then I go cuddle up with my cat and take a nap.

Golly gee, I never woulda guessed.
He said wut ๐Ÿ˜‚

IC B2

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Originally Posted by goalie
I'm old, in no hurry, and like to do it now and then, just to pizz off the can't get up and need to rush folks!

Speed limit 65 MPH. Get behind someone doing 63. Set my cruise on 65 and take time passing them for 3 miles or so. LOL

At least you realize you're an azzhole.....
AYE !!!!!!!!!!

"not too grumpy"
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by shrapnel
I spent 43 years on the highways of Southwest Montana and put on about 1.5 Million miles. I saw every kind of bad driver there is. But you ain't seen nothing until you get into Yellowstone Park...

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

My niece and her family were out visiting from back east last summer. We took them up to Rocky Mountain National Park. Drove up top and admired the views and then drove out the west entrance along the headwaters of the Colorado. They said they wanted to see some moose, so I said "no problem, we'll just drive along here until we see a bunch of cars stopped in the road and we'll know there are moose there." Sure enough, we hadn't driven more than a mile or two before we found the moose

A wise man is frequently humbled.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
I typically set the cruise on 73 in a 70 zone. You have speed governed trucks and a few people who will not go over the posted speed limit. Then you have those drivers who will run 77 or so thinking they won't be ticketed at that speed. This group seems to be the majority. Then you have those that haul ass and those that go really slow, those typically being large towing vehicles. That speed works great for me, because I won't get a ticket and don't have to do anything when I see enforcement. I often find myself in a nice bubble with nobody around me.

When I go to pass, I look behind and make sure that nobody is going to have to jam on the brakes. I'll keep my speed at 73 if nobody is coming up behind me. I'll run it up to 76 or 77 if someone will arrive at my back bumper before I complete my pass. Someone who thinks I am supposed to dive out of their way into a tight gap between vehicles or speed up to a speed that will get me a ticket, so that they can do 95, will be disappointed.

If i come up in the left lane behind someone who is actively passing, I remain a safe distance behind. If I come up behind someone running a rolling road block, I stay back and give a few flashes of the lights. If that doesn't work, I start crowding them.

Gotta give you credit - that's pretty fast for a bike!

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by longarm
I typically set the cruise on 73 in a 70 zone. You have speed governed trucks and a few people who will not go over the posted speed limit. Then you have those drivers who will run 77 or so thinking they won't be ticketed at that speed. This group seems to be the majority. Then you have those that haul ass and those that go really slow, those typically being large towing vehicles. That speed works great for me, because I won't get a ticket and don't have to do anything when I see enforcement. I often find myself in a nice bubble with nobody around me.

When I go to pass, I look behind and make sure that nobody is going to have to jam on the brakes. I'll keep my speed at 73 if nobody is coming up behind me. I'll run it up to 76 or 77 if someone will arrive at my back bumper before I complete my pass. Someone who thinks I am supposed to dive out of their way into a tight gap between vehicles or speed up to a speed that will get me a ticket, so that they can do 95, will be disappointed.

If i come up in the left lane behind someone who is actively passing, I remain a safe distance behind. If I come up behind someone running a rolling road block, I stay back and give a few flashes of the lights. If that doesn't work, I start crowding them.

Pretty sure he's talking downhill.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by longarm

Pretty sure he's talking downhill.

I have hit 50 one time in my life. This is more typical of my downhill max. On this trip there were a lot of slow moving motor vehicles that would get out of my way, so I passed them, some on a double yellow.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

IC B3

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by Rock63
I guess driving way over the speed limit is not an entitlement by the way I read some of these posts. ๐Ÿ˜€

If I'm understanding your post the way it seems you intend it, then I'd have to say you are missing the point." Entitled... speeding.." etc whatever - it simply doesn't matter. The left lane is for passing. If you and Cecil aren't doing that then YOU are the azzholes of the day.

You have no control over what others do - only yourself. You aren't any kind of 'enforcer of the law' or hall monitor.
Just move over and let people by. Safer for you, for them, for adjacent drivers AND no stress. Pretty damn simple really.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by STRSWilson
The only thing that pisses me off more than someone drive at or below the speed limit in the left lane is an EV driving at or below the speed limit in the left lane.

Wish more cops would stop these idiots.

Probably time to move to Europe.

I am MAGA.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Showdog75
Originally Posted by local_dirt
If some meathead BEHIND ME thinks I'm gonna do 90 because he thinks I'm "in his way", he can GFH.
If you're in the left lane on the interstate then you are the problem.

Nope. Sorry. Like I said, left lane doesn't mean 90. They can GFT. If they're doing 90 and need to get around me, they can pass on the right. Fugk em. They're the danger. Not me.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
This thread is wild

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Amazing to me that a grown man can't control his emotions enough to simply move TF over and let faster drivers by.. just incredible.
What did it cost you to let them by? Not a damn thing. Get over yourselves

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by shrapnel
I spent 43 years on the highways of Southwest Montana and put on about 1.5 Million miles. I saw every kind of bad driver there is. But you ain't seen nothing until you get into Yellowstone Park...

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

My niece and her family were out visiting from back east last summer. We took them up to Rocky Mountain National Park. Drove up top and admired the views and then drove out the west entrance along the headwaters of the Colorado. They said they wanted to see some moose, so I said "no problem, we'll just drive along here until we see a bunch of cars stopped in the road and we'll know there are moose there." Sure enough, we hadn't driven more than a mile or two before we found the moose

Yellowstone is not near beautiful enough to put up with those fugging people.

I am MAGA.
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
A few years ago near here 3 young azz wholes decided that 100km/h means 100km/h (62mph) and they were going to enforce it!

They blocked three lanes across on a busy highway during rush hour doing exactly 100km/h. IIRC, the ensuing traffic jam caused a serious injury. All 3 were convicted of serious traffic offences - dangerous driving, I think - for following the law to the letter, supposedly. In reality, because they were being azz wholes who put people in danger.

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
That chaps my ass too

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Jahrs
Originally Posted by local_dirt
If some meathead BEHIND ME thinks I'm gonna do 90 because he thinks I'm "in his way", he can GFH.

There are a lot of Meatheads in S FLA dirt, as you are well aware I'm sure. As soon as I hit Ft Pearce heading south the traffic picks up and people are off to the races.

Jahrs, exactly. Some of these meatheads around here would run 150 if they thought they could get away with it.

There is a main east-west thoroughfare a couple blocks from my house that runs from the beaches to the Glades. I used to take my Harley out there and air it out after I got everything dialed in just right. People are still doing that now, but the problem is there is a lot more traffic and side roads onto that thoroughfare. Now, It's not safe to do that anymore. The population has grown so much down here in the time I've been here. Stuff like that is not safe at all anymore. Only place I do that now is out on 27 right up next to the Glades. Smokey is out there more now, though.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
I swear I seen Mr mgoo yesterday on I 81

Page 4 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 15 16

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

155 members (achadwick, 1OntarioJim, AceBall, 257_X_50, 21, 35, 15 invisible), 1,029 guests, and 938 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,978
Posts18,519,927
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.