Print Thread
Hop To
Page 10 of 16 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 15 16
G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
I also really appreciate the asshat who passes me on a two lane road and barely has time to bow up and make the next right hand turn. People just suck I reckon.

M
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Another reason to be in the left lane for reasons other than passing is moving over to allow on ramp traffic in. Seems like when I do this, I often have some self-important cockweasel drive up my butt. It's even more frustrating when the merging vehicle speed matches me.
Oncoming ramp traffic should be going the speed limit by the time they merge but half of the azzhats want to poke up/down a ramp and not be up to the speed limit when they're ready to merge.
My late mother in law would ride the brakes down the entrance ramp to I 84 in Danbury. Just coasting you would be doing 50 plus by the time you made the merge. I got behind her once and would have rear ended her if my wife didn’t clue me in. Petrified of the interstate.

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Mike_S
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Another reason to be in the left lane for reasons other than passing is moving over to allow on ramp traffic in. Seems like when I do this, I often have some self-important cockweasel drive up my butt. It's even more frustrating when the merging vehicle speed matches me.
Oncoming ramp traffic should be going the speed limit by the time they merge but half of the azzhats want to poke up/down a ramp and not be up to the speed limit when they're ready to merge.
My late mother in law would ride the brakes down the entrance ramp to I 84 in Danbury. Just coasting you would be doing 50 plus by the time you made the merge. I got behind her once and would have rear ended her if my wife didn’t clue me in. Petrified of the interstate.
I once saw my wife’s aunt STOP at the end of an interstate entrance ramp!!! How she’s still alive today is one of life’s mysteries.

K
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by fester
Originally Posted by killerv
All I know is that 9 out of 10 times, the person that is speeding and passing you showing out...you'll meet up with them again at the next red light.
99% of the time that’s the case. And I love pulling next to people that beat me to the light. Golf clap…..

What gets me is azzhokes that decide the buffer
I keep between me and the car in front is an invitation
to merge in front of me……

Really great with new cars and adaptive cruise control, I turned that mess off after the first week of driving my new truck

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Not going to read past the first page because like every time this comes up there's idiots on both sides of the argument. As if there's one rule that applies everywhere.

"Passing lane" doesn't apply everywhere in every state. Those of you who can't get this into your hard heads look pretty stupid, and are half the problem. If you did much driving outside your little world, maybe you'd learn. Lots of places where exits are on the left. Others where signs designate "through traffic keep left" (but yeah - who reads signs?). Not to mention those times when it's just smart and safer to avoid those idiots who don't know how to merge onto the freeway from the onramp.

And yeah, I get out of the way when I can safely do so - regardless of who's going how fast. You dolts who refuse to do so out of spite are the other half of the problem.

But I laugh at you guys claiming "passing lane". Around here, all four lanes are jammed almost all the time. Pick any lane during rush hour and I guarantee that it will be stopped as much as it's moving. You might as well resign yourself to get your ass out of bed earlier or be perpetually pissed and late for work. What a sorry life.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
No idea what was wrong yesterday morning on Boise, Id I-84. All lanes were running at about 55 mph. Temps were in the single digits, so could be they had just not warmed up yet.

1Minute
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
It's a very simple to understand state law here with signs on both sides of the road every couple of miles, but they're still clueless and continue to block the left lane. Actually, I think that they're just clueless to their surroundings when they have someone riding their ass all of the way up the road. Most of these people have no idea that they're blocking traffic.

The signs read.....

State Law
Slower Traffic
Keep Right

The problem is that Americans don't read signs. They need to put the signs up in Spanish also. Half the perpetrators are Hispanic and they do read signs (in Spanish). That would take care of half the offenders. The Americans would then see the signs in Spanish and wonder what they say. So the next batch of signs in English they might read it and learn something new that day.

Last edited by StoneCutter; 01/16/24.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I like to wave people to pass around me - then floor it while they try to get by

laugh

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
I’ve long advocated that both driver’s licenses and marriage licenses should be much more difficult to obtain.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Tourons are the worst. Hands down.

[bleep] roads tend to wean the [bleep] out, but still sucks regular folk have to deal with it.

MAGA
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
What's hilarious is watching that guy in the left lane ride the bumper of the car in front of him while I pass them both on the right with clear sailing ahead.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Once got stuck behind someone for 50+ miles because they wouldn't change lanes and there was just enough traffic I couldn't get past on the right. I'm usually pretty calm. Never before or since have I wished such harmful things upon another human.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Squidge
Originally Posted by 7mm_Loco
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Come on guys, if you are driving at or below the speed limit, you need to be in the slow lane. That is on the right hand side. Don't slow down when you get alongside a semi either. You like fu cking with other drivers, and then wonder why there's road rage.
i run 5-7 mph over the posted limit (to avoid tickets)... i move over ASAP if someone approaches my bumper... if that ain't good enough, they can GF themselves!......

I'll speed up and move over and then drop back dow to 5-7 mph over the speed limit. I do it to be courteous, I'm mindful that the person behind me "might" have an actual emergency or some other good reason for speeding. It's not my job to slow them down and I would rather have them in front of me than tailgating me. I don't tailgate either.
so you're that sonofabitch that leads the pack i move over for... then you slip in, in front of me and slow down... Gawd i hate that!...

Last edited by 7mm_Loco; 01/16/24.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by minengr
Once got stuck behind someone for 50+ miles because they wouldn't change lanes and there was just enough traffic I couldn't get past on the right. I'm usually pretty calm. Never before or since have I wished such harmful things upon another human.
That's when I use the shoulder to get passed them. Fugg em.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by Squidge
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Come on guys, if you are driving at or below the speed limit, you need to be in the slow lane. That is on the right hand side. Don't slow down when you get alongside a semi either. You like fu cking with other drivers, and then wonder why there's road rage.
i run 5-7 mph over the posted limit (to avoid tickets)... i move over ASAP if someone approaches my bumper... if that ain't good enough, they can GF themselves!......

I'll speed up and move over and then drop back dow to 5-7 mph over the speed limit. I do it to be courteous, I'm mindful that the person behind me "might" have an actual emergency or some other good reason for speeding. It's not my job to slow them down and I would rather have them in front of me than tailgating me. I don't tailgate either.
so you're that sonofabitch that leads the pack i move over for... then you slip in, in front of me and slow down... Gawd i hate that!...

Worse are the ones that come screaming up behind you, so you change lanes and just as they catch up to you they slow down and match your speed, so you have to brake for the slow cars in front of you.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Wannabebwana
Worse are the ones that come screaming up behind you, so you change lanes and just as they catch up to you they slow down and match your speed, so you have to brake for the slow cars in front of you.

+1

Carpe' Scrotum
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Down here Mexican nationals think those handicap signs are reserved spaces for Mexicans only.

F
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by fester
All I know is that 9 out of 10 times, the person that is speeding and passing you showing out...you'll meet up with them again at the next red light.
99% of the time that’s the case. And I love pulling next to people that beat me to the light. Golf clap…..

What gets me is azzhokes that decide the buffer
I keep between me and the car in front is an invitation
to merge in front of me……

Really great with new cars and adaptive cruise control, I turned that mess off after the first week of driving my new truck
Brake check!
I turn my cruise off unless I’m on open road.
If a car ahead of changes lanes ahead of me, meaning getting out of my lane into another one, my truck applies the brakes. It fuggin sucks.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Just now reading some of the thread for the first time but didn't read all the posts. When I'm running along our I49 interstate which I try to avoid because I rather drive on the slow roads I usually go about 73 in the 75 MPH zone. I'll come upon a truck that is going slightly slower than me so I get in the left lane and bump it up to about 76 or 77 and it takes awhile to get ahead of him and then return to the right lane if there isn't another truck right ahead of him that I need to pass also.

Now, what is the problem? I'm over the speed limit but invariably someone going about 85 or 90 or more (which is illegal) shows up behind me passing and wants to be frustrated. What is up with all this fast driving and feeling entitled to break the speed limit to the tune of 10 or 15 MPH or more?

The speed limits are there for a reason and we have an obligation to not unnecessarily endanger others (except pedal bikes of course).

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Hastings
The speed limits are there for a reason and we have an obligation to not unnecessarily endanger others (except pedal bikes of course).

Now you did it. Barnard will be along shortly to whack your pee-pee.

Carpe' Scrotum
Page 10 of 16 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 15 16

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

536 members (219 Wasp, 007FJ, 10ring1, 219DW, 1lessdog, 1badf350, 62 invisible), 2,256 guests, and 1,239 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,114
Posts18,502,322
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.