Campfire Ranger
E
And they wanna go up on the postage🤔

GB1

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
usps is my best shipping option here and they can certainly make things stressful. Poor tracking at best, may get lost or not, then they will give you a long projected delivery of weeks and it may show up that day. I've been hearing them say oh de joy at the local office.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
I just received a muzzleloader that went from Iowa to Jacksonville, FL where it spent a few days. Next it ended up in Knoxville where it spent several more days. Next it spent even more time in Nashville. It eventually showed up. I think it took 2 1/2 weeks to get it

At one with the gun.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Swifty52
Originally Posted by Feral_American
I ordered something out of Nebraska on the 12th, to be delivered today the 19th, shipped via USPS.

Tracking shows it left Bellevue and hit Omaha on the 13th, on the 17th tracking shows "in transit to the next facility".

Today's tracking update shows it arrived back at the same distribution center....in Omaha.

They have ONE fuc king job to do.....and after 249 years of existence, they STILL can't do that ONE fuc king job correctly.

There are 7 different distribution facilities in Omaha plus the main one. So I doubt its the same one. Heres the life a letter or bill sent out to an address 11 miles from me. Drop off at PO. Then goes to Columbus 32 miles away, then it goes 115 miles to Omaha where it kicks around the distribution centers for 3-4 days. From there it goes 150 miles to G.I at which point it gets loaded on a truck after 1-2 days to go 31 miles to CC to the PO for delivery.

~ 300 mile trip to go 11 miles. Now that’s efficiency.

Maybe never left Omaha then?

249 years to get it figured out.

I kinda doubt they'll make it to east coast middle Appalachia by 9pm today..........

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

I prefer peace. But if trouble must come, let it come in my time, so that my children may live in peace. ~~ Thomas Paine
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
They aren't very reliable anymore.

IC B2

B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
I sent something from TN to Iowa 8 days ago, it sat in Salt Lake City for 3 days and it’s been in Georgia for the past 2 days. Looking over a map it appears neither of those states are around Iowa. Hopefully they send it back here and I’ll try again or they use a map and find Iowa.

When I die I hope I don't start voting democrat.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Lol 😆

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Swifty52
I ordered something out of Nebraska on the 12th, to be delivered today the 19th, shipped via USPS.

Tracking shows it left Bellevue and hit Omaha on the 13th, on the 17th tracking shows "in transit to the next facility".

Today's tracking update shows it arrived back at the same distribution center....in Omaha.

They have ONE fuc king job to do.....and after 249 years of existence, they STILL can't do that ONE fuc king job correctly.

There are 7 different distribution facilities in Omaha plus the main one. So I doubt its the same one. Heres the life a letter or bill sent out to an address 11 miles from me. Drop off at PO. Then goes to Columbus 32 miles away, then it goes 115 miles to Omaha where it kicks around the distribution centers for 3-4 days. From there it goes 150 miles to G.I at which point it gets loaded on a truck after 1-2 days to go 31 miles to CC to the PO for delivery.

~ 300 mile trip to go 11 miles. Now that’s efficiency.

Maybe never left Omaha then?

249 years to get it figured out.

I kinda doubt they'll make it to east coast middle Appalachia by 9pm today..........

8 days in Omaha, and still bouncing around "departed sorting facility" and "in transit to the next facility".

Ridiculousness........

I prefer peace. But if trouble must come, let it come in my time, so that my children may live in peace. ~~ Thomas Paine
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Beyond the usual lost / damaged, held 'in- transit' somewhere between ship point and delivery point, anymore I simply feel I just can't trust our local P.O. to put mail / packages in correct post office boxes / rural routes consistently. Hardly a month or two goes by that I don't get someone else's mail (with different p.o. box #) in our box at least once.

Former longtime postmaster retired last year, new one who replaced her cost a bunch of locals late charges on bills they hadn't received. Come to find out they were returned to senders because they were addressed to physical addresses rather than P.O. box numbers, something that had been that way for decades with no issues from previous post masters.

Local beautician had to cough up several hundred dollars in renewal fees and penalties because owner's business / operating licenses renewal notice was addressed to business address instead of P.O. box # therefore wasn't received before lapse date because it was marked, "incorrect address - return to sender". All this was without any forewarning whatsoever...

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Gov't based pay scale diversity hires what the fug do you expect for $30/ hr competence? Used to be only vets and they did a good job then demmy politics said women , women of color and finally a hiring bonus to the hr fugs for multi colored hair and unsure of their sexuallity with the inability to find their ass with either hand never mind both. Mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
Gov't based pay scale diversity hires what the fug do you expect for $30/ hr competence? Used to be only vets and they did a good job then demmy politics said women , women of color and finally a hiring bonus to the hr fugs for multi colored hair and unsure of their sexuallity with the inability to find their ass with either hand never mind both. Mb

Ayep, this is very true. Especially in Omaha.

Swifty
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I just shipped 4 packages USPS no problem.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I don't know how many times USPS tracking has shown my stuff in Boise for delivery here the next day. Then the next day's tracking shows it in Billings, MT or Louisville KY

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
N.O.O

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I wish Trump would of killed them when he had the chance.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I think there are quite a few of us with packages bouncing around for some time

Double_D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I had a package that went from Atlanta to Chitcago on UPS. Then it was switched to USPS. They shipped it East to Ohio then West to Missouri.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have had a package going between Duluth, Mn and St. Paul, MN for 10 days now. It still hasn't left the state.

I am always looking for factory wood stocks!
S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
USPS seems to be giving a lot of hassles lately. Sometimes it's better to use a local shipping firm, far more reliable lately.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
Here at work, I pay my bills on time. Every Friday I print checks and pay all of my invoices that are due in the next 10 days.

The beginning of November, I paid my October Republic Services bill. In the beginning of December, Republic was on my ass because I was late. So after 4 weeks, I had to put a stop payment on the check (in case it was stolen and not to duplicate) and printed a new check on 12/11. Stop payment $35.00. Sometime in December the first check was received (6 weeks later), but kicked back because of the stop payment. Here we are 6 weeks after the second check was mailed and it's still AWOL. Friday I put a stop payment on that one (another $35.00) and printed a third check, along with $70.00 of finance charges, and took it to the PO and mailed it Priority Mail ($10.00). Hopefully that one will make it. This has cost me $150.00. My January payment made it in 10 days.

I've got another vendor in Chambersburg, PA, an hour up the road. I printed a check for them on December 15th and it's AWOL. Had to put a stop payment on that one also. Another $35.00. I printed a new check for that bill and my driver is hand delivering it this morning when we pick up a load.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

571 members (06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 1lessdog, 1234, 1_deuce, 61 invisible), 2,464 guests, and 1,171 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,463
Posts18,529,174
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.