Originally Posted by Swifty52
Originally Posted by earlybrd
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Roku
Does that support iTunes?
Hell if I know

Your answer was just a “Roku and itunes” query away

The bad news, however, is that Roku does not support iTunes movies because iTunes movies are DMR-protected and cannot be played on non-Apple devices. There is no way to play iTunes movies and TV shows directly on Roku, which is disappointing if you're an iTunes Movies fan and have purchased or rented a ton of content on iTunes.

I guess you didnt google Roku Apple TV app? Just watched Old Henry(for like the 20th time) last night on my Roku TV using the Apple TV app which streamed it from .....wait for it....my iTunes library.

So how many of your movies play without the Apple TV app just using Roku?

Swifty

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 12344mag
It's just a dirty business practice.
\

Welcome to the Apple way.......

Yep.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
I wont buy movies off of prime or any other site as you only own them while a member, buy the dvd used or bargain bin if i really gotta see it for some reason I rent.
I didn't know that if you cancelled your membership in Prime you lose your ability to watch media you bought from them. That sucks.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Roku

Yep

'Four legs good, two legs baaaad."
----------------------------------------------
"Jimmy, some of it's magic,
Some of it's tragic,
But I had a good life all the way."
(Jimmy Buffett)

SotG
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Skankhunt42
I know nothing about Apple TVs..... but I would think your TV would still support Itunes as your firestick would be a seperate input. You'd be able to access internet with the TV AND firestick would you not (one at a time)?
Sure. I'd only need to switch inputs via the remote.

IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
About fifteen years old, but functions flawlessly.
Apparently not. You have mentioned two services which it can no longer decipher.
I think that's BS. If it functions today, why would it stop functioning in mid February? They are just dropping it.

E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by Son_of_the_Gael
Roku

Yep
See there😃👍

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
this is the norm for Apple. Had a laptop with all my music on iTunes.

New iTunes won't load on the old OS,
New OS won't load on the Old Laptop.

Install iTunes on WIN PC all is good.

R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
Apple is one more vote with my feet, see ya. Take your apple and slow stick it, sideways.

“To expect defeat is nine-tenths of defeat itself. It becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. It is best to plan for all eventualities then believe in success, and only cross the failure bridge if you come to it."
Francis Marion - The Swamp Fox
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by SupFoo
You didn't say how old the hardware actually is...?

App developers are not going to continue to write Apps to run on 15 year-old hardware. The hardware no longer has current enough specifications and the pool of users has shrunk dramatically.

Not Apple's fault. Talk to the App developers. Good luck.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
While we’re all being outraged by Apple and Amazon, be aware that many classic movies are being censored in their digital forms by the always-vigilent Left, having their wrong-think removed for our safety. Breitbart’s John Nolte has mentioned this a few times in his columns, and recommends that those who value those old classics secure DVD/BlueRay copies while the getting’s good, before they’re all gone. I have a whole pile already, more than I’ll ever watch, but it’s something to consider for those who’ve gone digital.

Similarly, I’ve had a couple of Kindle titles that are no longer available on my devices because the license has expired, or perhaps been transferred to someone else. Only a couple, but it shows that digital purchases ain’t necessarily Forever. Fortunately, there are huge libraries of classic out-of-print, expired-copyright classics available from other sources for Kindles and other e-reader platforms, many on the Libravox site and also available as audio books on their app.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
This 3rd generation, 2022 edition of the Apple TV 4K offers 64GB of internal storage and Wi-Fi access to a wide variety of content.

$124.99 Don't be CHEEEP!! BUY A NEW ONE!!!

If it lasts another 15 years, that's $8.33 per year.

You waste much more time than that posting on this stupid forum about how life sucks in America.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
YES> I've seen Amazon cuts done on Brit TV shows . I still can't figure why. No violence, sex or language. One scene was just an angry woman.

I think I have 1100 books on Calibre

Last edited by richj; 01/21/24.
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
I’d shoot it with a 44 special

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

So, you bought a first gen Apple TV in 2008 and were happy with it. When you bought it, Prime had been launched for 2 years, but Apple didn't support Amazon. Apple worked their asses off for their clients, and FINALLY, in 2017, reached an agreement with Amazon (to Amazon's favor) to support Amazon on your archaic device. For six years you've benefited from that, (which again was a bonus Apple negotiated for their legacy devices and cost you nothing!), yet now you're angry and indignant and blaming Apple for no longer being able to provide you for free something you never purchased... because Amazon has changed their device parameters...just fv(king WOW...

Hey, SONY...damnit, I just hooked up my Betamax and it doesn't play on my TV... sweet laird jumpin jaysus...

You can no more tell someone how to do something you've never done, than you can come back from somewhere you've never been...
E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
My tv is old as fuqk got a $10 Roku box and a sound bar I got for Xmas sometime ago might as well be at cinema movies we got a bunch of popcorn

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Holy jeebus lets go back to Quicktime.

Swifty
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by pahick
Roku
Does that support iTunes?
Hell if I know

Your answer was just a “Roku and itunes” query away

The bad news, however, is that Roku does not support iTunes movies because iTunes movies are DMR-protected and cannot be played on non-Apple devices. There is no way to play iTunes movies and TV shows directly on Roku, which is disappointing if you're an iTunes Movies fan and have purchased or rented a ton of content on iTunes.

I guess you didnt google Roku Apple TV app? Just watched Old Henry(for like the 20th time) last night on my Roku TV using the Apple TV app which streamed it from .....wait for it....my iTunes library.

So how many of your movies play without the Apple TV app just using Roku?

Why is that even a question?? I gave a solution to his "problem". If he wants to make it more complex by not using the Apple TV app..I mean channel....he can download all his iTunes crap and figure out how to use Plex and/or convert it to non DRM formats. This isnt rocket science.

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T

App developers are not going to continue to write Apps to run on 15 year-old hardware. The hardware no longer has current enough specifications and the pool of users has shrunk dramatically.

Not Apple's fault. Talk to the App developers. Good luck.
If it works now, and they say they are going to stop supporting it on a date specific, that means they are making a choice. It's not a matter of not being able to.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm guessing but it's probably because Prime wants tostream more 4k and/or he newer Prime app is going to use new features/API that the old apple tv doesn't support.

Get a fire stick and plug it into another HDMI port. They're about 35 bucks.

https://www.amazon.com/all-new-amazon-fire-tv-stick-4k/dp/B0BP9MDCQZ/1

Carpe' Scrotum
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

508 members (12savage, 1badf350, 2500HD, 1minute, 1beaver_shooter, 219DW, 44 invisible), 2,485 guests, and 1,254 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,292
Posts18,505,267
Members73,998
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.