Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
My son got my ap.ammo and.the tracer ammo when he got my M1. Never fired the tracer ammo.

Old guy, old guns.
GB1

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Greyghost
If thinking about reloading it into 308 Win, or 7.62 its illegal...

Phil

And why is that?

B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Troutnut
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
These? They're bringing $2 + a round on gunbroker and a few of the shows I've been to if you have larger quantities. Small lots $3-4 a round.

Yeah, this is pretty much spot on, I picked up 80 rounds last night from a buddy of mine for a dollar apiece I snatched them up right quick :-)

B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
I was watching a WWII war movie the other day and the soldier was reloading his Garand with a full clip of black tip. I thought it was an interesting detail in a movie that was fairly accurate with the small arms they used.

I have read numerous times that the Marines during the island hopping campaign preferred AP rounds, and one the reasons were accuracy….

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by BamBam
I was watching a WWII war movie the other day and the soldier was reloading his Garand with a full clip of black tip. I thought it was an interesting detail in a movie that was fairly accurate with the small arms they used.

I have read numerous times that the Marines during the island hopping campaign preferred AP rounds, and one the reasons were accuracy….
The AP in 50 bmg was quite accurate in our rifle. Wished I had bought a lot of it at the time.

With these stupid rules these days who knows whats next

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
IC B2

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
I sure wouldn't waste any of it just enough to see where it impacts compared to normal.ball. it may become very valuable in the future its not like you can buy it at wallyworld.

You can't take it with you. If she's lucky your wife might a couple of bucks for it at your estate sale.

Old Corps

Semper Fi

FJB
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rost495

The AP in 50 bmg was quite accurate in our rifle. Wished I had bought a lot of it at the time.

50 BMG AP pulled bullets and loaded ammo is still pretty reasonable.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Any 7x57 Ap would like to load it up in 7mag

Only Dead Fish Go With The Flow
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
AP ammo that can be used in a pistol other than a single shot is illegal. to buy, sell, manufacture, or possess... that's federal. That covers 5.56, 223 and 7.62, 308. Other rifle AP might be illegal depending on local laws.

Phil

L
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
L

Phil
I have never heard that Phil. Do you have a Case law reference or United States code citation? And I’m not trying to be a smart butt.

IC B3

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman

I have not noticed it anywhere. May have to ammoseek again.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by LegalEagle

Phil
I have never heard that Phil. Do you have a Case law reference or United States code citation? And I’m not trying to be a smart butt.
Be careful, his village is searching for him...

B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman

I have not noticed it anywhere. May have to ammoseek again.

Not as plentiful as it used to be., Shot quite a bit of it as a kid. Trace is a tough to come by also in 30 odd six. Nothing cheap anymore.

N
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
N
I bought some from CMP when they had it for sale several years ago…

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Off and on, over the last several years I've looked for these. The bullets alone are almost always $1/ea. I would expect more for loaded rounds.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by gunzo
Anything like that, tracers etc is a buck apiece. Hell, M118 LR 308 is pushing $2.

But,, the BT will penetrate the web of a RR rail. Aim, slide down for cover, pull trigger. A long time ago. Shot an 18-20" Ash tree with one & my bud said, hell you missed it, I saw dirt fly up on the other side.

Dead center, superior penetration. Not to be taken lightly.
Just for reference, normal M2 ammo will penetrate 30" of oak @ 200 yards.
++ on the AP.

Politics is War by Other Means
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

531 members (222ND, 1badf350, 1minute, 10gaugemag, 204guy, 1lessdog, 56 invisible), 2,536 guests, and 1,197 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,794
Posts18,516,128
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.