S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I like it.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have seen better coat hangers in a meth lab…

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This one is targeted, at least in part, at those unfortunates who live in places where they’re denied possession of more conventional defensive rifles, at least until the various cases are decided by the SCOTUS, and that’s still uncertain. The rail is already popular on rifles like the Guide Guns, and the several M-lok slots out on the end of the forend are unobtrusive, at least until accessories get attached. I suspect more traditional models are coming, and the manual mentions .45 Colt and .357s. The stock is oogly as polymer stocks generally are, but makes sense for rough use. Hopefully it provides a decent cheek weld for low-mounted optics.

I finally got another truck, but still don’t have much need for a “truck gun”. This one looks like a good one for that.

What fresh Hell is this?
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by shrapnel

😂😂😂😂

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Thurston Howell III has spoken!

IC B2

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by SCGunNut
Originally Posted by JoeBob
Had some inside info a year or so ago that this was a possibility. I suggested .500 and .460. They'd sell the piss out of those...

Marlin action, which is what that is, ain’t strong enough for those. Need a variation of a Winchester 92 for that.

Understood, but when our S&W rep hinted that they were toying with the idea of a lever action I basically said to design something that would handle the .500 & .460. If Big Horn Armory could do it, S&W with all their muscle could do it, and for a whole lot less. You'd "think" they would see the benefit of production rifles in their two powerhouse cartridges. Maybe down the road...
I think they'd do a 45-70 before they'd do a 500 or 460 only because of off-the-shelf ammo availability.
But yes, it would be nice to see a production gun in 460 or 500.
One of the reviewers said that 357 and 45LC were mentioned in the manual, so they're probably next.

B L M - Bureau of Land Management
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I like the looks of the walnut version; I have the bank account for the other. I suspect that there will be other versions out there I hope. and yes, a 357 in the vicinity price range of the synthetic model would be interesting. I doubt I'll go with synthetic on a lever, but never say never.

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by moosemike

Thurston Howell III has spoken!

Thanks Gilligan…

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Stainless, synthetic and threaded doesn't exist elsewhere in the lever gun world. Doing that and offering it in the more popular chamberings seems to be a smart way to launch to me. A 357 and 45LC is definitely in the works according to the owners manual.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Was just about to opine that they should make one with nitrided SS like their auto pistols, but decided to check the specs on their fancy one first. Well, looks like they came close:

Forged 416 SS Receiver with polish black PVD finish
19.25" 410 SS Barrel with polished black PVD finish

Not sure how tough that stuff is, but I bet it’s tougher than Rust-O-Leum.

What fresh Hell is this?
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Have any of you seen one of these benched with a scope for some accuracy testing?

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I might be in the minority, but I prefer the looks on a Winchester or Marlin.

RAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by tmitch
Looks like a Henry with a crossbolt hammer block.

Like a 336 ?????

America is (supposed to be) a Republic, NOT a democracy. Learn the difference, help end the lie. Fear a government that fears your guns.
RAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Like a 336 ?????
Had some inside info a year or so ago that this was a possibility. I suggested .500 and .460. They'd sell the piss out of those...

Marlin action, which is what that is, ain’t strong enough for those. Need a variation of a Winchester 92 for that.

If a South American 92 clone will handle Cassule . I would'nt be concerned on these new round bolt 94 clones

America is (supposed to be) a Republic, NOT a democracy. Learn the difference, help end the lie. Fear a government that fears your guns.
RAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Direct_Drive

Understood, but when our S&W rep hinted that they were toying with the idea of a lever action I basically said to design something that would handle the .500 & .460. If Big Horn Armory could do it, S&W with all their muscle could do it, and for a whole lot less. You'd "think" they would see the benefit of production rifles in their two powerhouse cartridges. Maybe down the road...
I think they'd do a 45-70 before they'd do a 500 or 460 only because of off-the-shelf ammo availability.
But yes, it would be nice to see a production gun in 460 or 500.
One of the reviewers said that 357 and 45LC were mentioned in the manual, so they're probably next.
Different action required

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by RAM

Like a 336 ?????

If a South American 92 clone will handle Cassule . I would'nt be concerned on these new round bolt 94 clones

You’d be wrong. A 92 is the strongest traditional lever action there is. It will handle pressures with ease that will lock a Marlin up in a second.

Last edited by JoeBob; 02/09/24.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I got to look and hold one of these at the Great American Outdoor Show in pa this week. I'm a traditional wood and blued steel type o'girl but for the purpose of utility, this was really nice. The stock was grippy like their handguns, had the modern mounting systems for accessories, threaded,like what is popular today, and really nicely finished. I was impressed and could appreciate the attention to detail.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by Sweets
I got to look and hold one of these at the Great American Outdoor Show in pa this week. I'm a traditional wood and blued steel type o'girl but for the purpose of utility, this was really nice. The stock was grippy like their handguns, had the modern mounting systems for accessories, threaded,like what is popular today, and really nicely finished. I was impressed and could appreciate the attention to detail.

I fondled the same rifle you did yesterday at the Harrisburg show and I also like it as well. The rifle shoulders nice and just has a solid feel to it.

RAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Did I say Marlin? No I said "round bolt '94 clones" cool your hubris Francis.

RAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Look again, its a Henry action. The original Marlin 1894 that JM should have stayed with rather than caving to the Cowboy action shooters. Plenty strong. Even more so than a '92 as the round bolt is fully enclosed by steel on all 4 sides

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

185 members (338rcm, 204guy, 16penny, 1_deuce, 280Ackleyrized, 2ndwind, 22 invisible), 2,040 guests, and 1,118 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,622
Posts18,474,036
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.