Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
To actually learn what you need to get started shooting and hunting? To learn more about gear....or glean from those with more experience/knowledge? To chat with like-minded ppl that dig hunting, fishing, reloading, back packing, custom jobs, etc...?

I came here cuz I didn't have a clue, and I wanted to learn. And I sure appreciate the ppl that have taken the time to teach and share with me, directly and indirectly!! It's been a BLAST. Seems like fall came and went so fast...and I can hardly friggin WAIT to have anoter crack at it this fall, woooot!!

So, what brings/brought the rest of you here? How did you find the site?

HoundGirl

Its not the size of the dog in the fight, its the size of the fight in the dog.
-- Mark Twain

Part of me lives with the wind in my face,
while the other part is barely alive.

--Mary Gauthier
GB1

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
To meet women......

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Referred by a friend named dogzapper. Just took me a long time to get around to it! Glad I came, there is a wealth of information here and some great people!

I am with you HG, hunting season can't be here soon enough!

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I bought a Savage 99,... did a word search on it and this place was on the list.

U
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
U
my dad turned me onto it about 3-4 years ago. I lurked for about a year or more. was mostly interested in learning. I know alot about what I do regularly but not so much about what I don't! smile

IC B2

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I found the site searching for load data for 338-378 before wby made it a factory round. I found it a good place to hang and bs with like minded folks. It didnt take much reading to figure out that there was alot of knowlage here and a guy could learn a thing ot two here.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Came over with the mass exodus when the old shooters.com imploded. Forget how I found that site, but I still remember my first post there. It was a response to a question about .41 Magnum loads.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
I came over when the old Shooters site kersploded. It's cost a LOT o' money! grin Thanks, Rick!

"The Bigger the Government, the Smaller the Citizen" - Dennis Prager LINK

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I was a refugee from shooters.com. It was shutting down and I heard that a bunch of the guys were coming over here. Rick started the Deer Hunting forum at my request. This has been my home ever since. Shortly after I got here, I was digging around in my stuff that had been packed away since the divorce and found my handy Ronco Pocket Third-Person. I put new batteries on it and . . .

The shaman looked back at the screen and tried to focus his eyes again. Fresh batteries in the pocket third person always made him quite disoriented. He switched it off. . .

. . . and started writing. This place was in dire need of a shaman, so I started plying my craft.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
Came over with the mass exodus when the old shooters.com imploded. Forget how I found that site.

Yep, same here.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Did a google search of hunting forums back in 2000 and came on this site... I signed up a couple of months after finding it and since I'm member #30 I guess that means there weren't many of us doing the same thing laugh

A few months later the Shooters site JimID mentions folded (I was a member there but never cared for the format) and a throng of those folks came here... until then the silence was sort of deafening... grin

dh1, I was a coffeshop member too... I liked that site.

Last edited by Brad; 01/03/08. Reason: fond memories

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
dh1 Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Used to do the 'Coffeshop'(?) and went looking for similar sites. Lurked here for awhile before reg'n.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
found it on a google search for forums

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A search for .22ppc info brought up the site. I looked around and saw "Digital Dan's" posts with his smiling goat, thought they were really funny and started reading. I had no idea what an internet message board was. Pretty neat, I thought. It seems a couple years have gone by.

"I didn't get the sophisticated gene in this family. I started the sophisticated gene in this family." Willie Robertson
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Originally Posted By: Jim in Idaho
Came over with the mass exodus when the old shooters.com imploded. Forget how I found that site.

Yep, same here.

I came over from shooters too. I found that site searching for info on reloading. I learned all I know about reloading from there and this site, and reloading manuals. Thanks to all that helped and thanks to Rick for this site. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I had a question about a gun writer that I posed to a fellow on the Nosler website.
He gave me a link to the 'Fire.
I must admit I lurked for a while before deciding to sign up.

Don't regret joining, that much is certain.

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by dh1
Used to do the 'Coffeshop'(?) and went looking for similar sites. Lurked here for awhile before reg'n.

Coffeeshop!!! Now there's a blast from the past.

I found this site in early '01; registered using my old screen name from the C'shop and HuntAmerica...

I enjoy the opportunity to share info and experience, and learn from those who know more than I do. I don't enjoy the whining, bitching and leaping to conclusions that seems to characterize some exchanges...and posters.

Have greatly enjoyed meeting the folks on here that I have met -- a virtual gun club spread in cyberspace all over the globe.

Watching HG grow and hit her stride has been a particular joy grin...and I mean that in the most complimentary way possible.

DN

"The more you run over a dead cat, the flatter it gets."

"If you're asking me something technical, you may be looking for My Other Brother Darrell."

"It ain't foot-pounds that kills stuff -- it's broken body parts."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My grandfathers Savage 99. Googled Savage 99 trying to date the rifle and learn a little history on it. Not only found the most knowledgeable group of 99 owners, but found a pretty decent hunting forum.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Bwalker........good friend of mine..........turned me on to here!!!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
And by the way I constantly hear about "shooters" and how it exploded...what exactly went on over there, did it resemble the latest exodus on this site?

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

544 members (06hunter59, 1badf350, 1lessdog, 1minute, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 58 invisible), 2,643 guests, and 1,231 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,951
Posts18,519,264
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.