Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
don't get me going.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Valsdad
don't get me going.

Especially on curvy wet roads next to rivers.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by FatCity67
don't get me going.

Thank you very much.

I am MAGA.
N
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
N
I’m lucky to have Tricare and Medicare. But both of my brothers have seen their insurance skyrocket even with big deductibles. They can’t stand the current system.

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
don't get me going.

Thank you very much.

Someone had to.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
don't get me going.

Thank you very much.

Someone had to.
smartazzfuggers

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
There is no longer any rhyme or reason to the whole "health care" system. The Redhead is shopping a minor elective medical procedure, and so far the quotes have ranged from $3,800 to $20K.

The bizarre part is that the insurance would write a check for 80% of either bills without blinking an eye.

That's no way to run a railroad.......

Sic Semper Tyrannis
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
don't get me going.

Thank you very much.

Someone had to.
smartazzfuggers

I am MAGA.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've been to the ER twice in the last 20 years and both times I went to front of the line because I had insurance while all the others waiting did not. Small consolation but at least it was something.

Quando omni flunkus moritati
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
All those other people in the waiting room with the OP were there because the hospital can not turn away someone because they can't afford to pay. So the hospital absorbs the cost and pass it around to the paying customers. That is one of the reason why hospital cost is so high.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
And every single wetback Bidet allows to stomp on in will run that cost up for folks barely able to pay now or their insurance and that too will make premiums go up.
Congress asleep as usual

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by slumlord
And every single wetback Bidet allows to stomp on in will run that cost up for folks barely able to pay now or their insurance and that too will make premiums go up.
Congress asleep as usual

Not asleep. Just ignoring the inconvenient realities (per their donor's instructions).

USMC 0351

We know the price of everything and the value of nothing.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Chumleyhunts
US Government and Healthcare Insurance Giants have ruined American Healthcare. I work in a local ER and have done ER nursing for about 18 years. System is totally screwed.

you cant put all the blame on govt and insurance. lots of blame falls squarely on the providers. there is absolutely no accountability with MDs. hospitals spending hundreds of thousands of dollars on landscaping and [bleep] every year, employee bonuses, etc. Patients rarely even get to see a real dr. they get residents most of the time. residents who should be spending the first four years scrubbing tiles with a toothbrush

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by Scotty
All those other people in the waiting room with the OP were there because the hospital can not turn away someone because they can't afford to pay. So the hospital absorbs the cost and pass it around to the paying customers. That is one of the reason why hospital cost is so high.

If he is talking Atrium they are nonprofit...and get millions in indigent care funds from local municipalities. Plus, their cost/charges depend on the agreement with insurance companies what they can and cannot charge for a service.

But they is certainly something going on in the background. I think I mentioned a while back about a buddy of mine. Lost his job, thus insurance, went to sign up on the ACA exchange and was denied because he made too much money in rental properties. And with his luck, he had a bad medical episode and spent 17 days in the hospital the first time. 450k bill. They settled for 110k, so they just wrote 340k off like it was nothing. They also told him he only had to pay 20 bucks a month, which was odd, why wouldn't a person just do that. His other option was they would help him signup for disability and everything would be taken care of. He's 55. He chose to start paying on the 110k, paid 2k for his first payment and because that was so much more than 20 bucks, they knocked his balance down to 52k as a courtesy. Weird as heck. Curious what they are getting out of this situation.....

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Never a good time to get injured, but December is the worst month.

Hope your wife heals quickly.

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Riverc
Originally Posted by MartinStrummer
Originally Posted by Angus55
I was paying 1,350 a month when The magic keegro was in office, I got out of insurance and paid cash, got into some insurance program and paid 8,500 for my two knee replacement, 3 months apart, so it was in same year, Obongo, ruined this country!!!

Just paid $3100 for total hip replacement out of our "safe cash"! That would have barely paid 4 months of Obummer's $850/mo insurance.....and there is still cash in the safe!

If EVERYBODY would drop their health insurance and pay cash, healthcare prices would drop dramatically.
BUT....too many people don't have the self control and personal responsibility to make that $400/mo cash deposit to their safe.
You right, but you have to remember some people can't afford to put $400 a month in the safe when they living paycheck to paycheck and that's not enough.

"WE" can't afford to put the money back either, but we dang sure couldn't continue to pay $850/mo and continue to pick up "co-pay" costs.
As it turns out, we could not afford to NOT put the money back.
Also, $400 is "our" arbitrary number. Any amount you can set back monthly will help....and you're right too.
Not everybody has money to spare.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Insurance companies have the final say unfortunately. Being self employed (and now on Medicare with RX and supplement) i was paying approximately $2,000 per month and that was up to august 2017, turned 65 and dropped to $1,160 per month for my wife until she turned 65 in 2018.
Have no clue what today’s prices are for folks in their 60’s pre Medicare.

T
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
There's only a couple of orthopedic trauma centers in GA that were capable of doing her surgery. From the environmental service tech (janitor) to the doctors everyone was cordial and professional. The doctor charged $5k per hour, hospital about the same and the emergency room visits averaged $1k per hour. Have no complaints about paying our fair share, just feel everyone should have to do the same. If not they should go to the back of the line and get what they get for service.

Life is good live it while you can.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
don't get me going.

Thank you very much.

Someone had to.
smartazzfuggers

Is there a backstory here? Inquiring minds want to know.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by ribka
Sorry to hear. Millions of illegals with no health insurance use the emergency room every day as their free primary care Doctor. You’re often stuck hours because their children with head colds get priority Over Americans with serious injuries pay for expensive health insurance
actually the colds don't get priority. Things are triaged. The ones with colds often sit for a long time. Which then infects everyone there....

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

585 members (10gaugeman, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 1lesfox, 10Glocks, 1Longbow, 70 invisible), 14,521 guests, and 1,034 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,304
Posts18,545,389
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.