Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
When asked why he did it, I'd blame it on Rip from Yellowstone, & get John Dutton to get him out of the jam. Works on TV anyway.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by JeffA
Since recreational pot is legal in Montana maybe he should just tell the judge he was high as all fk when this big assed bear came waltzing by.

It's an excuse that's worked for drunk drivers for decades.

Seems there's a Jimmy Buffet song that's appropriate here.......

FJB & FJT
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
scumload: YOU are so unbelievably stupid it hurts!
Like others have pointed out on this thread (and numerous others!) you are not only stupid YOU are useless!
Every spring I travel the 375 miles to Hunt Spring Black Bear in the "Yaak"! And many years in the past I have Hunted Whitetailed Deer thereabouts in the fall.
The numbers of Grizzly Bears in that area has increased to the point of now being dangerous!
While you constantly sit in your desk chair with your pud in one hand and your mouse in the other stopping only to post your mindless blather, many true sportsmen are out in the wild Hunting and recreating.
More and more of those folks are killed and maimed by Grizzly Bears every year here in Montana and the Rockies!
Look it up dickwad.
Idiots like yourself are simply to ignorant to realize there are TWO sides to every story!
I am not saying ANY of the actions that were/are illegal by the 80 year old are excusable but if'n a Grizzly Bear comes 40 yards from my house here in Montana IT is dead - whether it is eating my bird seed or not!
PERIOD!
To date the closest Grizzly Bear I have seen to my house has been 16 air miles and the closest Grizzly caused human death has been 45 air miles.
My suggestion to you (and I fully appreciate that YOU are to stupid to accept it) is DO NOT try to make yourself look stupid publicly, by espousing on subjects with which YOU have absolutely NO knowledge.
Sheesh.
In a way I feel sorry for you.
Sad.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

You endorse violating the law. And other BAITING

maybe you’re too goddamm retarded to read all off it.

Got it

Anytime Peckerwood!! Anytime.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
As one poster ha already said, if a potentially dangerous carnivore was at or less than 40 yards from my domicile, I shoot that S.O.B. about as dead as I could make it. I think my .35 Whelen would be more than adequate.
PJ

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by blairvt
Originally Posted by McInnis
And old farts don’t understand GPS telemetry.

That’s an ignorant comment. Do you know when GPS technology was invented?

Sometimes you should just let someone else win the “Most useless posts of the day” award.
He won that title a long time ago and his record is untouchable
Inbreeding will do that to a person .

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
IC B2

JeffA Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I've had Grizzly Bears in my backyard many, many times and they never skeered me or caused any real issues.

Maybe sum people should keep to the cities.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by JeffA
With a properly selected jury he could be found innocent due to a 270 not being capable of killing a grizzly.

Especially if the jury had a few LGBTQs on it.......
Or if the rifle had a Pink stock on it!

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
If an 80 year old geezer was looking for free room, board, and medical care for life, shouldn't he be targeting politicians instead of grizzly bears?

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Huntz
Originally Posted by blairvt
Originally Posted by McInnis
And old farts don’t understand GPS telemetry.

That’s an ignorant comment. Do you know when GPS technology was invented?

Sometimes you should just let someone else win the “Most useless posts of the day” award.
He won that title a long time ago and his record is untouchable
Inbreeding will do that to a person .

From someone w/inside info.

FJB & FJT
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Lojack led Kojak to his doorstep... DNA sealed his fate... gotta' keep up with the flat foot gumshoe techniques...

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by viking
A collar attached to a west bound semi might do the trick.
you watched "Thief" ?...

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
If the legal limit on grizzlies is zero, shouldn't a person be allowed to go just a bit over that limit without being charged with a violation? smile

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
If an 80 year old geezer was looking for free room, board, and medical care for life, shouldn't he be targeting politicians instead of grizzly bears?

best answer

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
The way they manage those [bleep] things is beyond ridiculous

Delisting them is the only sensible option but I honestly don’t think will ever happen.

MAGA
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
20 million illegals running amuck in this country,all supposedly unaccounted for, but shoot a collared critter and Uncle Sam can find it in a hollow tree AND a river. Dammit son...

Cowardice is the greatest pandemic that has ever affected mankind.
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by BC30cal
Rooster7;
Good morning to you sir, I hope winter is behaving out east for you folks and you're all well.

The crazy thing about that day was it was close to -20° with maybe a foot of snow or less in some places up there, but cold as it was we weren't expecting to bump grizzly tracks.

As it turned out we cut the tracks of a single bear and then a pair, which we guessed to be a mother and maybe a cub that'd den with her another winter? Not sure.

We did track them for 5 km on a logging road and lost the tracks at one of the many appropriately named "Bear Lake" which like "Fish Lake" seems to have multiple locations.

But for sure, we didn't want any long chases into the pucker brush after wounded whitetail that day, the theory being that if the bears were still up, they'd be pretty hungry.

It does keep an old guy like me on my toes for sure. laugh

All the best.

Dwayne

Dwayne,

Thanks for the reply and the chuckle!

"Pucker Brush"

That's good stuff! haha

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

A
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
A
Bears can be trouble, no doubt.

Gonna almost certainly be trouble when you're baiting them into your property.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by bowfisher
20 million illegals running amuck in this country,all supposedly unaccounted for, but shoot a collared critter and Uncle Sam can find it in a hollow tree AND a river. Dammit son...
So true, but still made me chuckle... LOL

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by BC30cal
Originally Posted by Osky
Dwayne

At the place in Northern MN I have been out in the nastiest sub zero cold and deep snows, generally running the sno go trails and found fresh bear tracks a number of times. In the deep snow years it looks like someone has pulled a 55 gallon drum by the end thru the snow from belly drag. Can’t miss those trails, particularly the bruisers.

Now these of course are black bears, but it still amazes me that they are up and moving in those conditions. I have followers a few when possible and they seem to be lined out and not circling. Moving to a new den site in 35 below weather? Go figure.

Not as hair raising as your experience above but more mystery of bears.

Take care
Osky

Osky;
Me again sir, thanks for the additional info.

That's wild to me that they're still out in -35°.

We hear that it's not uncommon for grizzly bears to get up for a stretch in the winter here, but not as common with BC black bears.

Last fall at the end of our whitetail season, which is the end of November, buddy and I were on the mountain above the house on a crisp morning that the somewhat suspect thermometer on the Dodge said was -24°C.

As I was going through the snow, not quite up to my knees - I'm short so 14" or so - I cut the tracks of a small black bear and followed them until it dropped into a canyon that I wasn't about to head into.

My thought then and I'm not sure why exactly I had it, but my thought was that it hadn't had enough grub or fat buildup before denning. Whether it had denned already or was late denning, I cannot say either.

Again this was a young bear.

We had a massive berry crop failure in the mountains this year, which combined with a couple fairly big wildfires pushed the bears down into the valley here, contributing to the 7 we had in the yard. Not only did they total my pear tree, they killed one adult mulie and one mulie fawn in the gully below the house, judging from the hooves we found and the screaming the neighbors reported.

Mulie fawns especially, do not tend to go gently or quietly into that good night..

The CO's were run ragged this year with problem bears and are necessarily very tight lipped about how many went on the last ride in the big culvert, as that was the only option they had.

One BC bio I was chatting with this month figured there was every chance many of them will die in the dens this winter as there just wasn't enough food to go around.

Thanks again, it's good stuff.

Dwayne
Dwayne
I hope your weather is better than here currently, though it is not terrible here.

Many times in sudden warm spells bears of any persuasion can get flooded from their dens and wander around in a daze for a while.

But more to your cold weather case... back before the sea otter population exploded around Kodiak the beaches had plenty of food to keep the bears interested. One huge bear had been tagged for over 20 years and had never been known to den up. He was a top 10 all-time B&C bear killed by a former neighbor.

With beach food choices down the option to wander all winter is gone.
Best to you, Dwayne

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sitka deer;
Good afternoon sir, I hope the day has been behaving for you and that you and your fine family are well.

Thanks for the informative post, that's interesting and something I didn't know.

Over the nearly 40 years we've been here, I don't think I've seen black bear tracks in the snow more than perhaps a double handful of times, thus my assumption it was unusual elsewhere too.

By far and away too Sitka, my experience is with black bears and not grizzly, though we are seeing more and more of them locally too.

It's always a good day when I'm able to learn something, so that and the fact it's been above freezing all day makes for a most excellent one.

Thanks again and all the best.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

525 members (257 roberts, 19rabbit52, 204guy, 2500HD, 222Sako, 257robertsimp, 60 invisible), 2,274 guests, and 1,253 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,497
Posts18,509,166
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.