H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Raeford
Originally Posted by Huntz
Originally Posted by blairvt
Originally Posted by McInnis
And old farts don’t understand GPS telemetry.

That’s an ignorant comment. Do you know when GPS technology was invented?

Sometimes you should just let someone else win the “Most useless posts of the day” award.
He won that title a long time ago and his record is untouchable
Inbreeding will do that to a person .

From someone w/inside info.
I did not want to bring you up.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
I hope they just let him go. He is 80 and could play Joe Biden at his defense. Just mumble away and forget where he is . Might work. Kidding aside, I dont know how to poach, and Wisconsin < Upper Michigan and Minnesota has a wolf problem. Everyone says SSS. I would never do that, however, if a person did, the dumbest thing you can do is tell someone, keep part of it in his freezer , and hide the tag in a tree stump near by. I am suspicious about some of the evidence.. I am sure could hide a tag anywhere I hunt in NW . Wis. and it would never be seen again. he couldn't just took it somewhere and burned it in a big campfire? Something does not add up and I think the feds planted fake evidence to get him to fess up .

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by BC30cal
Originally Posted by rost495

Sometimes you should just let someone else win the “Most useless posts of the day” award.
Evidently he didn't . And unless researched, most his age would have no clue.

rost495;
Good morning sir, I hope you're both having a decent winter wherever you're spending it and you're all well.

As mentioned in my post, BC has 74 grizzly tagged and/or collared in the Flathead which is only 40 odd miles northeast of Troy.

This past season I saw a couple different collared mulies and I ended up shooting a 2 point that had an ear tag.

We're doing a CWD test here, so I was going to turn the head in even before I saw the ear tag, however with the tag, the Bio was able to tell me some of the history of the buck, which was rather cool.

Before my rancher buddy sold off his herd, we talked about some of these little things.

https://okanaganfencesupplies.com/product/livestock-solar-gps-ear-tag-tracker/

It's a brave new world out there isn't it?

All the best.

Dwayne
thats pretty cool in a lot of ways. And scary in others. All well in TX at the moment. Have had 72 hours below freezing. A severe drought. One pond almost dry. Hit 80ish 2 days after the freeze. And now in the last 3 days 13.5 inches of rain so all is normal.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
lol,😂 72 hours below freezing. Knee slapper right there.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by viking
That is one way to keep warm in bitter cold!
Laughing!

Last edited by Sitka deer; 01/25/24. Reason: Typo

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Why is FedGov "protecting" grizzly bears? Shouldn't that be an issue for the individual, sovereign states??

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E

You ever find your cheese hat k.huntz?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by bowfisher
20 million illegals running amuck in this country,all supposedly unaccounted for, but shoot a collared critter and Uncle Sam can find it in a hollow tree AND a river. Dammit son...

This ^^^^ laugh

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
scumload: YOU are so unbelievably stupid it hurts!
Like others have pointed out on this thread (and numerous others!) you are not only stupid YOU are useless!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

BINGO

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
The only thing I can see that he did wrong was open his stupid mouth.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
IC B3

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by earlybrd

You ever find your cheese hat k.huntz?
Did you ever find your brain?

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JSTUART

JSTUART;
Good afternoon BC time and Happy Friday to you, I trust the day is behaving and you're all well.

Speaking as a BC resident, so emphatically not a Montana resident, the grizzly bear - and the wolf too I'd opine - are very politicized animals.

If one was being jaded and slightly less than charitable, one might opine that some on the left have made then cultural icons or even more. You know if one went there. wink

While we used to have a grizzly season, the powers that be in the capitol chose to stop it, admitting it was for non-scientific reasons and as political payment to some of the members of the Green party who had a coalition of sorts with them for awhile.

Even though I'm a semi-fossilized boomer, I know what a radio collar means and in so saying, I cannot conceive what the size of rock someone would have to be hiding under to not know that.

As a funny aside, as mentioned I shot an ear tagged buck this year, but didn't see the ear tag when I shot it. It was running with a collared buck and I purposely let that one walk because of the collar.

When I took the head into the Conservation Officers to give them the info on the kill area for the ear tag, I mentioned I'd let the collared one walk.

Much to my surprise, they said it was right in the hunting regs that we could shoot collared animals in legal season and they encouraged it as it gave them data. Sure enough too JSTUART, when I read the new regs, there it was.... blushf

All that preamble to say that if one chooses to take a grizzly here and one observes it has a collar, one needs to have several layers of fairly intricate planning in place should one further choose not to report it.

I will say that here in BC, the CO's have been pretty fair about defensive shootings on grizzly bears and we've had our share since the hunting season stopped.

Anyways sir, just some filler information I suppose and a view from a Canuck who is just a tad north of where this went down, but about 6 valleys west.

Best to you and yours sir.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
$8k for grizzly bear hunt? He got a deal. Damn outfitters quoted me $$9650 for a mule deer hunt. I wonder if old dude has any mule deer coming to his back yard?

A bowhunter at heart but a gun guy at soul. I'll take craftsmanship, wood and blue steel over plastic and composite any day.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
He broke several rules for SSS. Dummy.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by viking
It is when its south TX and it doesn't even freeze every year..... slap that knee. I'll slap that bag.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by BC30cal
Originally Posted by JSTUART

JSTUART;
Good afternoon BC time and Happy Friday to you, I trust the day is behaving and you're all well.

Speaking as a BC resident, so emphatically not a Montana resident, the grizzly bear - and the wolf too I'd opine - are very politicized animals.

If one was being jaded and slightly less than charitable, one might opine that some on the left have made then cultural icons or even more. You know if one went there. wink

While we used to have a grizzly season, the powers that be in the capitol chose to stop it, admitting it was for non-scientific reasons and as political payment to some of the members of the Green party who had a coalition of sorts with them for awhile.

Even though I'm a semi-fossilized boomer, I know what a radio collar means and in so saying, I cannot conceive what the size of rock someone would have to be hiding under to not know that.

As a funny aside, as mentioned I shot an ear tagged buck this year, but didn't see the ear tag when I shot it. It was running with a collared buck and I purposely let that one walk because of the collar.

When I took the head into the Conservation Officers to give them the info on the kill area for the ear tag, I mentioned I'd let the collared one walk.

Much to my surprise, they said it was right in the hunting regs that we could shoot collared animals in legal season and they encouraged it as it gave them data. Sure enough too JSTUART, when I read the new regs, there it was.... blushf

All that preamble to say that if one chooses to take a grizzly here and one observes it has a collar, one needs to have several layers of fairly intricate planning in place should one further choose not to report it.

I will say that here in BC, the CO's have been pretty fair about defensive shootings on grizzly bears and we've had our share since the hunting season stopped.

Anyways sir, just some filler information I suppose and a view from a Canuck who is just a tad north of where this went down, but about 6 valleys west.

Best to you and yours sir.

Dwayne
Thats super on being easy on the DLP/Defensive shoots. Common sense there at least.

I, for one, and there must be at least 2 of us, did not realize that the collar could contain time of death etc.... I should have, but I did not think about it from that view. I guess you would have to have proof of being threatened and just report it then. Guess it depends on who and what and how much of the government you fear. As noted though, we can find all of the evidence on this, but the borders are wide open. Child sex trafficking is rampant. No one cares if people do drugs and on and on.

I do realize we are both members of the choir though and since its about time for a shower I should get off my soapbox, grab the soap and head on.

Regards, Jeff

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
rost495;
Good afternoon again sir, it's always great to converse with you.

Since I'm on the short side, it doesn't hurt my feelings one bit if you stand on a soapbox as it's easier for me to see you that way if someone is standing in front of me. wink

Yes sir on some of the new collars there is a plethora of information being transmitted or at very least available. Crazy really.

On the DLP shootings, the couple that I know of locally were more or less the CO just coming out, taking a look and doing the paperwork.

From what I was told the CO's looked where the bear was, where the shooter was and more or less said, "Yah lucky you saw it and can shoot straight".

The hunter or grizzly shooter doesn't get to keep any of the carcass of course, but that's to be expected in my view.

The local CO's that I've interacted with either hunt or are aware of how life works up on the mountains. Honestly I can't complain about one thing with them as far as my dealings went.

As you've said, it's also something that should give us all pause that there seems to be funds available to track a bear or even a deer's movements - which I support by the way - but there's no funds available to track missing kids.

Honestly it's a huge problem up here as you might well know and it's not a funds issue as much as the lack of will to really and truly deal with the problem.

We can speculate as to why that lack of will exists, but thus far all I am sure of is that it does.

Thanks again for the reply sir, it's always a pleasure.

Best to you all.

Dwayne

Last edited by BC30cal; 01/25/24.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
So I’m guessing the smart thing to do, once he realized the bear was collared, would have been to let the bear lay where it was, hand off the rifle to a sympathetic friend or relative, and when the Bear Cops showed up, plead ignorance of the whole deal.

I’m sssuming innocent until proven guilty still holds true in Canada.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
but yer honor, it were eatin' all a m' deer kern. wut i'm sposed t'do?

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Birdwatcher;
Good evening to you sir, I hope San Antonio is warm enough tonight what with the cold weather Texas is getting.

Like as not I'm part of the reason for the confusion of where that bear was shot, but the incident took place north of Troy, MT on the Yaak River which strangely enough becomes the Yahk River when it crosses into BC just a few miles north of there.

As to your question about the assumption of innocence until proven guilty, I can opine that based on a few of the politically motivated arrests made in the past few years, that's not always the case unfortunately.

We're not what we should be, could be or once were in a multitude of ways sad to say.

There are many of us working on the problem and aren't about to give up any time soon either, but some days it does feel like an uphill battle alright.

All the best regardless.

Dwayne

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

458 members (06hunter59, 10gaugeman, 1Longbow, 10gaugemag, 1_deuce, 17CalFan, 49 invisible), 2,271 guests, and 567 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,444
Posts18,507,837
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.