Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Not sure why he didn't attach the collar to a piece of driftwood and send it down the yaak to canada. I mean ya know Canada don't bother their illegal aliens either.

Last edited by Magnum_Bob; 01/28/24.

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by UltraMAGA
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Is a grizz that comes off nearby National Forest a "nuisance animal" when it comes to check out a bait pile placed there to attract animals?

I keep trying to come up with a good reason to have grizzly bears in proximity to human interests....
Perhaps if the old fart hadn't been baiting for critters outside the window of his shooting room.........................

.......the grizzly would not have been in proximity to his interests???

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Hastings
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by Hastings
Originally Posted by Osky
Couldn’t have made many more boneheaded moves could he?

Osky
He was born around 1943 and probably lived in Montana all his life. You can bet that he wasn't raised to look kindly upon bears rummaging around the place. I know times have changed but it is not like he shot somebody.

You can bet they aren't putting an 80 year old man in jail. I am not sure what I would do if even a black bear became a regular visitor to my back yard. Any time I moved a nuisance animal he became a nuisance in the place I moved him to or he returned to where I picked him up.

Montana is changing. Last year there was a hue and cry to lock up that poor girl Amber Rose that shot a Husky dog thinking it was a wolf. It was like 9 miles off the highway out in the boondocks and huskies do look somewhat like wolves.

Is a grizz that comes off nearby National Forest a "nuisance animal" when it comes to check out a bait pile placed there to attract animals?
I put out feed for deer, birds, and squirrels like a lot of country people do. We have an outside cat that patrols for mice on the carport and protects the feed bags. Real often we have to dispatch a raccoon which we donate to a colored neighbor. The problem with bears and hogs is they will eat anything available and if left unmolested they can get very brave. Alligators are also an issue down here.

Perhaps that's fine in LA, but apparently not in MT. Might have changed in the few years since this was published, maybe a MT member could say if it is now legal to "knowingly attract" bears there now.

https://vp-mi.com/news/2016/nov/16/wildlife-baiting-still-illegal-in-montana-14/

Even if the intent is simply to boost a backyard’s wildlife-watching potential, state law forbids “purposely or knowingly attracting any cloven-hoofed ungulates, bears, or mountain lions with supplemental feed attractants.” Breaking the law is treated as a misdemeanor punishable by a fine of up to $1,000 and/or six months in jail.

Of course, the purported evidence of a shooting room, might lead a reasonable person to believe there was something other than just doing what "country people do" ?

Last edited by Valsdad; 01/28/24.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

110 members (300_savage, 2500HD, 79S, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 673, 14 invisible), 1,377 guests, and 855 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,449
Posts18,507,926
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.