-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 18 1 2 3 4 17 18
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Life Member here but I haven't paid much attention to them for years.. even forgot the secret handshake.

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I forgot to mention...I got campaign material from some local RINO politicians who have been stabbing us in the back down here recently---proudly touting their brand new NRA endorsements. I'll be goddammed if I am going to support an organization that supports political enemies with my own money. NRA is Swamp. Maybe they'll change, but they won't see another nickel from me until they do.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
No burn it down, it's a DC type bureaucracy good ol boy club. They went lockstep to destroy Neal Knox's attempt to clean it up many years ago, before many of you were born.
Go to YouTube right now to the 2nd Amendment news and legal update videos...the court actions are funded by GOA and 2AF...NRA? Nope nobody home.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by flintlocke
No burn it down, it's a DC type bureaucracy good ol boy club. They went lockstep to destroy Neal Knox's attempt to clean it up many years ago, before many of you were born.

Bottom line truth.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
GOA has proven the nra to be obsolete.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
LaPierre is irrelevant. When the NRA starts pushing for the repeal of the 1934 NFA, 68 GCA, and all the other gun control laws that they SUPPORTED all these years, then MAYBE I would join.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
FUGG THE NRA.....AND THEIR 75 board members!!

Last edited by Sharpsman; 01/27/24.

Even birds know not to land downwind!
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Resurrect Harlon Carter and Neal Knox and I'll give it some thought. Maybe.

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined.”

Patrick Henry
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
What ever wabigoon decides, I’ll pair up with that. Age brings wisdom.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I was a member for a lot of years. My membership has just ended.
It is like donating to a politician, you don't get much return on your money.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Life member for years. I used to send donations when I could. With that being said, the 17-million dollar parting gift to professional grifter WLP was a real kick in the ballz. I wonder if he and pedo Joe exchange notes on how to grift. Both experts imo.

Shame on the BoD for not kicking him in the a$$ when he went out the door. The BoD actions prove that they are complicit in the corruption.
I need to see some real corrective action from them before they ever receive another a dime from me. Same thing I tell them every time they call. That's at least 3x a week.

GoA for me.

"Aim right, squeeze light"
" Might as well hit what you're aiming at, it kicks the same whether you miss or not"
NRA Life, GOA
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Don't trust the NRA, they're no good. If they gave a crook (Wayne LaPierre) $17 million as severance pay it came from the members donations and dues. I have my NRA leather jacket, hats, knives and who knows what else. I'd rather pay taxes than send money to the NRA.

Life is good live it while you can.
L
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
L
I stopped being a member because they were too willing to compromise.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by RiverRider
When the bylaws are changed, I'll consider it. Until then, nope. GOA, SAF, and TSRA get any money I care to donate to the cause.

And the entire board who enabled, approved, allowed WLP to run the NRA into the ground. This is FAR larger than one person. The entire organization needs to be restructured.

Not another cent.

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Waders
Originally Posted by paguy
Originally Posted by szihn
The board members who sent him off with 17 MILLION DOLLARS of the members money are still there and still in power----- and doing things against the rank and file members as they have so many times in the past..

But the NRA board wants everyone to "just forget it all" and "let bygones be bygones"

(even though the abuse is NOT gone)

The 2nd Amendment Foundation and GOA are both far better organizations.

This.

100% correct. The NRA board paid WLP millions in salary. The NRA board gave him a nearly unlimited expense account. The NRA board gave him 17 MILLION as a parting gift. The NRA board members are grifters of the highest magnitude. They are a cancer that continues to live within the organization.

I am a Patron Level Life Member. I have given thousands and thousands to the NRA--during a time when my wife and I were raising 4 daughters. We didn't have have a lot of extra money, but we gave anyway. And you know what? WLP spent my money on high-priced suits, vacations, and hotel suites.

To say it's time to "quit bitching" about the NRA in its current state is a slap in the face to all the donors and shows no lack of understanding of the problem. Shame on you.

As stated above, the corrupt board is still intact.

Last edited by SCRUBS; 01/27/24.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I bailed when they told me to vote for Romney and McCain,still a joke.

Rehab is for quitters!
THEY are all guilty!
Name one honest politician!
DEFINE Treason.
God bless the USA
Democrats ARE the plague!
RINO'S need to be hunted!
Who's a bigger puzzy than Paul Ryan? Mike Pence? John Kerry ?
REELECT NOBODY! Except Trump
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
They shouldn't have given Wayne a golden parachute. Just more mismanagement of dues

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Mitch McConnell, Boomsticks.

If you have to ask then you won't understand the analogy.

Life Member since '84.

Every cent now goes to CRPA since 2000.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Shrap.....is wrong !

The old NRA has been gone for decades. It has not been leading in the 2nd Amendment fight. They don't have the money.

I have been a life member for 50+ years.

NRA will most likely never get another dime from me .

The Audit Committee is as crooked as WLP. Charles Cotton and David Coy are just 2 of many that are as bad as WLP .

I doubt if anything will happen to change things up in my lifetime.

I don't hate the NRA ....I dislike what has happened to them.

Oh yes, they supported the GCA of '68, amongst others . The NRA never understood the value of "Never giving in".

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by shrapnel
LaPierre is gone, all you dissatisfied members that said you weren’t supporting the NRA until LaPierre was gon, well now he is, time to quit bitching and get behind the NRA…

While I don't hate the NRA, and definitely have a history of strong support for the organization, I now act like I'm from Missouri... "Show Me!"

It's way too soon out the starting gate to pick who will lead who where.

If I see positive things happening, and strict lines being held, I will strongly consider supporting the NRA again.

That is about the best I can do at this time.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Page 2 of 18 1 2 3 4 17 18

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

642 members (12344mag, 1234, 10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 06hunter59, 69 invisible), 2,810 guests, and 1,247 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,415
Posts18,528,222
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.