I know is yore half brothers.

But Mama knew and said, My Child,
Just do what makes ye happy.
Marry Will or marry Joe,
Ye ain't no kin to Pappy.
laugh HAHA you win the inerweb prize of the week

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.

E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by Steve
Originally Posted by earlybrd
Originally Posted by denton
Also kin to chief Powhatan

Interesting.... so am I. He was my 11th great grandfather, through Pocahontas and her full blooded daughter.

After so many generations, my Native American contribution is tiny, but you and I still have more factual claim to that ancestry than a certain senator from Massachusetts.
Goddam we cuzzins 🤜🤛

Me too, but Pocahontas was a aunt.

On the other side I'm descended from three of the Mayflower passengers.

I feel conflicted...
More cuzzins🤜🤛

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by denton
Also kin to chief Powhatan

Interesting.... so am I. He was my 11th great grandfather, through Pocahontas and her full blooded daughter.

After so many generations, my Native American contribution is tiny, but you and I still have more factual claim to that ancestry than a certain senator from Massachusetts.
Goddam we cuzzins 🤜🤛

Me too, but Pocahontas was a aunt.

On the other side I'm descended from three of the Mayflower passengers.

I feel conflicted...
More cuzzins🤜🤛

GO back far enough we's all cuzzins.

Lucy, Eve, whatever ya wanna call her.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RiverRider
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
some of the stuff amateur genealogy sleuths come up is hilarious. Seems like almost everyone is linked to royalty. lol

All I'm doing is following the branches that are already constructed. I put none of it together except to link my own mother to her parents, and that's not part of dear old dad's lineage anyway. Look at your own family tree and go back 40 generations. That amounts to over 1 billion ancestors. Odds are good there's someone very notable there---IF you take the right paths to find them.

2^40 = 1,099,511,627,776

2^40 would be over a trillion...got screwed up on the zeroes. Using 2^30 you get over one billion. But, whatever. Going back 30 generations ought to be exercise enough, if the data is there.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
some of the stuff amateur genealogy sleuths come up is hilarious. Seems like almost everyone is linked to royalty. lol

Like the Cubans here in south FL. Grand Papa was a horse and cattle rancher. Grand Mama was the matriarch. No plumbers, electricians, carpenters or ditch diggers.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
IC B2

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
My Great-Grandfather was the Sheriff of Beaver County, OK for a while. Maternal side, grandfather.
A Great (or GG) uncle was hanged for stealing horses in Kansas. Maternal side, grandmother.

Paternal Grandparents came to NM straight from Croatia, near Zagreb.

I'll probably be one of those ghosts that get shaken out in these searches. laugh

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Assuming there were no adoptions or oopsies along the way lol.

That Colored Guy down the way,
had it in for Great Grandad Richard the Soft!

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
This site is affiliated with familysearch.org. It will tell you if your related to various persons. Royalty, declaration signers, celebrities, etc. Goes back something like 15 generations.

https://www.relativefinder.org/#/

It's very cool site.

I share a common ancestor with 42 US Presidents, 42 Declaration signers, 93 movie stars, and 30 people of European Royalty. I find it kind of odd that Winston Churchill is listed on the European Royalty list.

I downloaded the full list in pdf. format which includes a lot of LDS names, my "relationships" report is 158 pages long.

Remember why, specifically, the Bill of Rights was written...remember its purpose. It was written to limit the power of government over the individual.

There is no believing a liar, even when he speaks the truth.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by local_dirt

Like the Cubans here in south FL. Grand Papa was a horse and cattle rancher. Grand Mama was the matriarch. No plumbers, electricians, carpenters or ditch diggers.

I got plenty of laborers in my tree.

Carpe' Scrotum
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Squidge
This site is affiliated with familysearch.org. It will tell you if your related to various persons. Royalty, declaration signers, celebrities, etc. Goes back something like 15 generations.

It's very cool site.

I share a common ancestor with 42 US Presidents, 42 Declaration signers, 93 movie stars, and 30 people of European Royalty. I find it kind of odd that Winston Churchill is listed on the European Royalty list.

I downloaded the full list in pdf. format which includes a lot of LDS names, my "relationships" report is 158 pages long.

He was. Duke of Marlboro if I recall correctly.

Carpe' Scrotum
IC B3

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
This Seith Thomas clock was bought with money my great, great Dad Union Solder sent home[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Squidge

It's very cool site.

He was. Duke of Marlboro if I recall correctly.

That would explain it. smile

Here's the story of my 11th Great Grandmother, I didn't write it but I am a direct descendent of hers.

https://ancestorbios.blogspot.com/2012/02/mother-of-new-york-catalyntje-jeronimus.html

Catalyntje died Sep 11, 1689 in Wallabout, New York about the age of 84. She was buried in the Flatbush Dutch Reformed Church cemetery. She had a large family, and there were as many as 150 descendants living at the time of her death; it is said that today there are over one million descendants, including Humphrey Bogart, James Spader and Howard Dean.

Last edited by Squidge; 01/26/24.

Remember why, specifically, the Bill of Rights was written...remember its purpose. It was written to limit the power of government over the individual.

There is no believing a liar, even when he speaks the truth.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

LOL, checked it out. Abe Lincoln is my 3rd cousin 5 times removed.
My wife is related to Clyde Barrow of Bonnie & Clyde fame and John Moses Browning. grin

Last edited by NVhntr; 01/26/24.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I have enough of my family history to know if a genealogy site is accurate. That's something I'd like to do. The problem is, in the Southern Appalachian Mountains, records can be a bit sketchy. That's where my prior knowledge will come in handy....I'll know if they go down the wrong trail.

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have worked extensively with genealogists at certain periods of my life, I have never used any of the LDS tools and dont know anyone who has, although I know their collection is huge.

In Canada, the main source is the Hudson Bay Archives in Winnipeg, the archival collection includes records from the Catholic Church, Northwest Company, Marriage's, Baptism's etc... these sources have records starting around 1610 IIRC. These sources can be cross referenced quite easily and they are available online, they never used to be but are now. Pretty sure there are people who can do the research for you for a small fee.

This is important if your family came here with the first French (Champlain) as an example, or the first Scots (Selkirk settlers) who were engaged with one of the Fur trading companies, Hudson Bay Company, North west company, etc...

Many of the original non- native inhabitants of this Continent worked in the Fur trade, then went South either before the USA was founded or afterwards. I have been contacted by people around the USA who were descendants of Fur trade employee's, and we shared information with one another.

I am not sure of the extent of American Fur trading companies record keeping, but there are a number of them, I would be curious to know that, I have never needed to know that, but I would look there too.

Last edited by 673; 01/26/24.
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
I was curious myself how those records were kept and I researched BuzzH and found out his great grandfather was a toad. That should prove that evolution isn’t real…

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by shrapnel
I was curious myself how those records were kept and I researched BuzzH and found out his great grandfather was a toad. That should prove that evolution isn’t real…

Yep. Truly just a chip off the ol' block, ain't he?

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My mom and aunt spent about 15 years traveling all over the US, England, and Ireland researching our family history .... everything has been documented by finding birth, marriage,death certificates, etc. They have been to museums, county clerk offices, you name it. Sometimes church records or county land records..... regular old detectives lol. They put together a nice binder with copies of everything and gave them to all of the kids awhile back for Christmas and every year she gives us updates that we can add to the binder. Pretty neat.

I have a dumbazz cousin that claimed to trace our family back 500 years on a website.... her info was about 80% wrong lol. Everyone claims they're related to someone on the fuggin Mayflower lmao.

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by hardway
My mom and aunt spent about 15 years traveling all over the US, England, and Ireland researching our family history .... everything has been documented by finding birth, marriage,death certificates, etc. They have been to museums, county clerk offices, you name it. Sometimes church records or county land records..... regular old detectives lol. They put together a nice binder with copies of everything and gave them to all of the kids awhile back for Christmas and every year she gives us updates that we can add to the binder. Pretty neat.

I have a dumbazz cousin that claimed to trace our family back 500 years on a website.... her info was about 80% wrong lol. Everyone claims they're related to someone on the fuggin Mayflower lmao.
That is a very nice gift to give, it takes alot of caring work to put that together.

I doubt if any one website can put 500 years, or even 200 years together, if there is I haven't seen it,, so ya there are alot of dumbazz cousins around lol.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Do not underestimate the LDS church. I'll never be Mormon, but this is something they take very seriously and put a lot of resources into and I'd bet on them to be the best in the world in the field.

Don't be the darkness.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

569 members (1beaver_shooter, 222Sako, 10gaugemag, 1lesfox, 12344mag, 1badf350, 64 invisible), 2,459 guests, and 1,322 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,513
Posts18,509,413
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.