Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Bristoe
If you're smart you'll get your ass established in one of the better places to weather the storm. Some can. Some don't have the means to do so. But everybody who *can* better do it as soon as possible.

Where are some excellent places to consider ?

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by gunchamp
Originally Posted by MartinStrummer
@ gunchamp, rickt300, Birdwatcher

You maroons ain't got the slightest clue.
Please, enlighten us

Why waste my time?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Please, enlighten us

Why waste my time?
Based off you last post, why waste my time

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

I thought I was on your side.

Actually I wish the truckers all the best in this well-intentioned endeavor. I’d guess the Left already has agent provocateurs lined up tho. And even without that some of the fringe loonies will probably show up too.

I dunno where everyone will park if they’re headed for Shelby Park, it’s by the old section of town; narrow streets, little parking at the best of times. Other than the park and the adjacent golf course I believe all the river access is on private property.

Eagle Pass (pop. 28,000) is a quiet place. If they go in with the mindset the town is swamped with illegals they should bear in mind that most all of the Hispanics they run into will be American Citizens or else legitimate traffic from across the bridge.

The nice people who went above and beyond to return my wallet two weeks back lived on the Border and looked Mexican, spoke Spanish even.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
A private citizen? AR15 in hand standing guard on the border?
Neato, far out and groovy!
But let's not get too hasty here!

LAST thing Texas needs on the border is Bubba, Skeeter and Possum armed up with DIY AR's in their Rebel flag tank tops, John Deere "gimme" caps, torn jeans with the faded snuff can ring on the back pocket and skull and dagger tats!
No gung-ho, wanna be cowboy, tough guy types needed....or wanted!
Yes, if you wanna help, by all means prepare, maybe join the Texas Guard. The Texas Guard is a volunteer outfit that is recognized and is quite like the Nat'l Guard. They just have to furnish their own uniforms and firearms.

Yep, Eagle Pass and Del Rio are pretty overwhelmed.
From Brownsville, TX up to Eagle Pass, thousands are waiting to cross.
Gov. M. Grisham (d-NM), Gov. K. Hobbs (d-AZ) and Gov. "Hairgel" (d-CA) all intend to do nothing.

You sound like a Canadian...you wouldn't understand.

Camp is where you make it.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

I thought I was on your side.

Actually I wish the truckers all the best in this well-intentioned endeavor. I’d guess the Left already has agent provocateurs lined up tho. And even without that some of the fringe loonies will probably show up too.

I dunno where everyone will park if they’re headed for Shelby Park, it’s by the old section of town; narrow streets, little parking at the best of times. Other than the park and the adjacent golf course I believe all the river access is on private property.

Eagle Pass (pop. 28,000) is a quiet place. If they go in with the mindset the town is swamped with illegals they should bear in mind that most all of the Hispanics they run into will be American Citizens or else legitimate traffic from across the bridge.

The nice people who went above and beyond to return my wallet two weeks back lived on the Border and looked Mexican, spoke Spanish even.

Yer right! Just another J6 moment, looking for some "loonies" to prosecute (persecute?)!!!

Birdwatcher, at least you're willing to look at both sides of the coin.
There are some out there that just want a chance to play Rambo. Nothing like a bunch of vigilantes thinking the river is an open shooting range.

https://twitchy.com/amy-curtis/2024/01/29/gods-army-tx-border-n2392276

Last edited by MartinStrummer; 01/29/24.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Please, enlighten us

Why waste my time?

You seem to have a pretty low opinion of your fellow Texans. You think someone who's got the gumption to pack up and actually go down to the border is some toothless hick, by default?

Not a good look.

Maybe you should take a deep breath, take Vitamin H (humility) tablet, and rethink the way you're expressing your thoughts.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by RiverRider

Please, enlighten us

Why waste my time?

You seem to have a pretty low opinion of your fellow Texans.
You think someone who's got the gumption to pack up and actually go down to the border is some toothless hick, by default?

Not a good look.

Maybe you should take a deep breath, take Vitamin H (humility) tablet, and rethink the way you're expressing your thoughts.

"Texans"? You think Texas has the market cornered on "good ol boys"?

Yeah, I got a pretty low opinion of "Bozo" O'Rourke, Juan & Joaquin Castro, Sheila Jackson Lee and another whole host of slugs!
....and I think about the same of Dick Durbin, Chuck Schumer, Jaime Raskin, Hank Johnson, etc, etc, etc....

How about Gov. "Hairgel"? Think he's a "great American"?
Kathy Hochul? Gretchen Whitmer? AOC? Michelle Lujan Grisham? Remember her? She wanted to ban AR's in Albuquerque, NM. Is SHE a great, brave, kind, upstanding American citizen?

Think again!

Last edited by MartinStrummer; 01/29/24.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
OK, final destination of the Eagle Pass cohort is Quemado (pop 280), a wide spot on the highway 20 miles NNW of Eagle Pass. I’m recalling cattle feedlots and pecan orchards.

They might have river access on private land there for photo ops or maybe set up camp there and drive to Eagle Pass…

https://news4sanantonio.com/news/lo...e-convoy-heading-to-nearby-border-towns#

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
OK, final destination of the Eagle Pass cohort is Quemado (pop 280), a wide spot on the highway 20 miles NNW of Eagle Pass. I’m recalling cattle feedlots and pecan orchards.

They might have river access on private land there for photo ops or maybe set up camp there and drive to Eagle Pass…

https://news4sanantonio.com/news/lo...e-convoy-heading-to-nearby-border-towns#

Now THAT makes sense!
I wish them the best of luck!
Really hope it doesn't turn into another J6 fiasco! 😖

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
They’re headed for Cornerstone Children’s Ranch, a non-profit at Quemado, 20 miles outside of Eagle Pass, I dunno if it’s affiliated w/the Cornerstone Christian Church here in San Antonio.

A further encouraging sign since they’ve been there for awhile.

An informative article in USA Today just filter out the Liberal bias. Everyone I know from Eagle Pass and along the Border agrees with the Rancher Richard Flores, forget the Social Activist they open with.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...le-pass-texas-border-convoy/72415082007/

See the drone shot of the Shelby Park boat ramp? Some years back I helped a kid and their family do a 24 study of the river, every three hours for 24 hours. Right from that very boat ramp, maybe 50 yards from Mexico.

It wasn’t regarded by the people who lived there as being a hazardous undertaking and the Border Patrol Agents passing by were friendly and interested. A break from the usual routine.

Like the article says, Shelby Park was a place for picnics and softball and I believe firework displays on the 4th. There’s the riverside nine hole golf course adjacent still in operation too.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
"Texans"? You think Texas has the market cornered on "good ol boys"?

Yeah, I got a pretty low opinion of "Bozo" O'Rourke, Juan & Joaquin Castro, Sheila Jackson Lee and another whole host of slugs!
....and I think about the same of Dick Durbin, Chuck Schumer, Jaime Raskin, Hank Johnson, etc, etc, etc....

How about Gov. "Hairgel"? Think he's a "great American"?
Kathy Hochul? Gretchen Whitmer? AOC? Michelle Lujan Grisham? Remember her? She wanted to ban AR's in Albuquerque, NM. Is SHE a great, brave, kind, upstanding American citizen?

Think again!

That's some pretty lame backpedaling.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
I wonder if this is the Moment when Coco Mellon rolls out the F16’s

I’m think’n Governor Abbot has an Eerie Resemblance to John Brown which those Dual Citizens that run this Country would feel like it’s an Insurrection ..

Probably Ted Curse is already mumbling Terrorist under his Breath .

What a time to be Alive ..

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
[Linked Image from media.defense.gov]

"Whose bright idea was it to put every idiot in the world in touch with every other idiot? It's working!" -- P. J. O'Rourke
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Organization is the key and foundation to any successful well completed endeavor. We have all these nwo globalist types and traitors in congress because voters keep voting for them .they need voting out. What 435 congress people? Term limits would cure alot of it. But identifying the bad actors is easy by the way they vote. The trick would be a good spreadsheet. Congress person by row, columns representing legislation act #'s simple yes or no on how they voted. A simple paragraph in the notes explaining each act and its virtues or lack of them. Tabulated results will tell you who exactly needs to be primaried out republican or democrat. To many on the republican side are re-registered democrats. Voting for a candidate based on their longevity and committee seniority needs to go as well as the old tit for tat way of doing business. Works the same for every endeavor, organization is a must with specific goals. The right is constantly fugging up and informing the democrats what they will do. Won't surprise me if the rally gets January 6th'ed by the opposition..mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Go for it! Hope there isn't a bunch red necks wanting to start a fight.

https://nypost.com/2024/01/30/news/take-our-border-back-convoy-were-just-ordinary-citizens/

Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
Organization is the key and foundation to any successful well completed endeavor. We have all these nwo globalist types and traitors in congress because voters keep voting for them .they need voting out. What 435 congress people? Term limits would cure alot of it. But identifying the bad actors is easy by the way they vote. The trick would be a good spreadsheet. Congress person by row, columns representing legislation act #'s simple yes or no on how they voted. A simple paragraph in the notes explaining each act and its virtues or lack of them. Tabulated results will tell you who exactly needs to be primaried out republican or democrat. To many on the republican side are re-registered democrats. Voting for a candidate based on their longevity and committee seniority needs to go as well as the old tit for tat way of doing business. Works the same for every endeavor, organization is a must with specific goals. The right is constantly fugging up and informing the democrats what they will do. Won't surprise me if the rally gets January 6th'ed by the opposition..mb

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Greyghost
Damn good way to get their trucks taken from them...

Phil
What are they going to do that would cause that? Or illegally take them like Turdeau did.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
A private citizen? AR15 in hand standing guard on the border?
Neato, far out and groovy!
But let's not get too hasty here!

LAST thing Texas needs on the border is Bubba, Skeeter and Possum armed up with DIY AR's in their Rebel flag tank tops, John Deere "gimme" caps, torn jeans with the faded snuff can ring on the back pocket and skull and dagger tats!

You forgot Neo-Nazis.

If there ain’t enough useful idiots around for the MSM to photograph, I’m sure the Collective Left will be happy to provide some. Good folks won’t get coverage, fruit loops will.
Thats a given, and its past the point of that being a consideration in what we all do.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
And the "Phony War" continues……

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Or "sitzkrieg"

If you prefer

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

603 members (1eyedmule, 21, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 1badf350, 67 invisible), 3,938 guests, and 1,334 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,759
Posts18,535,662
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.