Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Orion2000
Recently purchased a used Super Hogster here on the 'Fire. Has been used to drill 4-5 coyotes to-date. I love it. Grandson loves it. One caveat. Get a rechargeable battery. smile

I would run an external battery. It makes a few hours of operation into a few nights of operation. smile I can hunt 3 or 4 nights on one charge of the battery, then just plug it in and recharge it, and you are set again.

I actually invented a mount system for adding an external battery to any type pic rail anywhere on a rifle. Was going into production after the patent was filed, and got hit by shutdown and high prices during Covid, so I didn't go into full production as it wasn't cost effective for me.

There's external battery systems out there that run most thermals or Digital NV... I wouldn't be afield without one.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It looks to me like AGM is on the ball with the use of 18650 rechargeables in several units. Using generic rechargeables sure seems like a good idea. I like the fact that my IR light, NV scope, and green light can all run on the same batteries.

Now with even more aplomb
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by JPro
It looks to me like AGM is on the ball with the use of 18650 rechargeables in several units. Using generic rechargeables sure seems like a good idea. I like the fact that my IR light, NV scope, and green light can all run on the same batteries.

Whatever gets everyone away from those crappy CR123 batteries has got be an improvement!

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Anything with a cr123 is a no go for me

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by scottprice
Anything with a cr123 is a no go for me

Lots of thermals use them.

Just go to an external battery, and you don't even have to put the cr123's in. wink

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I'm opposite. I like the 123's. Use them in all my flashlights and headlamps anyway, so always have a bunch around. Not having to worry if you have a charged batt if ya have to grab and go is good for me. I got the external one for mine if I know I'm going to be out awhile, anyway.....

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by huntsman22
I'm opposite. I like the 123's. Use them in all my flashlights and headlamps anyway, so always have a bunch around. Not having to worry if you have a charged batt if ya have to grab and go is good for me. I got the external one for mine if I know I'm going to be out awhile, anyway.....

Had some lights that used them well.

I started out with my Super Hogster using them while working on my external battery, and sometimes, even with fresh Panasonic cr123's I'd be getting a low battery indicator after just an hour or so...

At the cost of them, just decided not to play that game.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Recently purchased a used Super Hogster here on the 'Fire. Has been used to drill 4-5 coyotes to-date. I love it. Grandson loves it. One caveat. Get a rechargeable battery. smile

I would run an external battery. It makes a few hours of operation into a few nights of operation. smile I can hunt 3 or 4 nights on one charge of the battery, then just plug it in and recharge it, and you are set again.

I actually invented a mount system for adding an external battery to any type pic rail anywhere on a rifle. Was going into production after the patent was filed, and got hit by shutdown and high prices during Covid, so I didn't go into full production as it wasn't cost effective for me.

There's external battery systems out there that run most thermals or Digital NV... I wouldn't be afield without one.

I put my external batteries in a bag on the stock.

No brainr to use external power source and rechargeable batteries

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

Should have clarified. Yes EXTERNAL rechargeable battery. Thermal eats the CR123's in very short order.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

577 members (10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 10Glocks, 1badf350, 1Longbow, 1beaver_shooter, 67 invisible), 2,621 guests, and 1,317 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,515
Posts18,509,518
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.