Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I'll make a prediction here - and you may quote me - that she will not be found down there still holding her breath.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

GB1

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by huntsman22
News Flash! I just got confirmation that shrapnel got confirmation that her plane has been found. I'll confirm further details as shrap makes them available. Signed, Jimmy Olson.
I expect it should be front page news in every paper by tomorrow morning.
📰🗞️

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by hardway
Surprised a woman didn't find it.....they are great at digging up the past.

A man will find it... They are great at drowning their sorrows.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
I'll make a prediction here - and you may quote me - that she will not be found down there still holding her breath.
That's what them walk-around oxygen bottles are for... 🤭

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RockyRaab

I am of the conviction that she and Fred Noonan are lost in the depths of the sea until the Creator commands that the sea gives up the dead.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

IC B2

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
How old would she be?

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by wabigoon
How old would she be?

Older than your tired schtick, but not by much.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
How old would she be?

type "Amelia Earhart" into your computer and press "Enter", it'll be like a small miracle when you see what happens.....

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

S
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
S
This is from my source which is pretty reliable…

An Australian foot patrol in 1944 engaged Japanese soldiers outside of Kokopo, PNG. They tracked the retreating Japanese soldiers across enemy lines deeper into the jungle. The Australians paused for quick rest (lunch break). After pressing on, about 30 minutes longer, they encountered a crashed plane. They could see only part of the plane as the jungle had grown over a good part of it.They made a fast investigation and pulled a VIN tag from an engine that torn off one of the wings. They pressed on NOT realizing they found her plane. Only later, after reviewing the data collected on the plane, did it come to light that, the VIN was to an engine on the Lockheed Electra gifted to Amelia from Purdue Univ.
We located the tin cans from their lunch break and the portion of the jungle where they encountered the plane.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by shrapnel

An Australian foot patrol in 1944 engaged Japanese soldiers outside of Kokopo, PNG. They tracked the retreating Japanese soldiers across enemy lines deeper into the jungle. The Australians paused for quick rest (lunch break). After pressing on, about 30 minutes longer, they encountered a crashed plane. They could see only part of the plane as the jungle had grown over a good part of it.They made a fast investigation and pulled a VIN tag from an engine that torn off one of the wings. They pressed on NOT realizing they found her plane. Only later, after reviewing the data collected on the plane, did it come to light that, the VIN was to an engine on the Lockheed Electra gifted to Amelia from Purdue Univ.
We located the tin cans from their lunch break and the portion of the jungle where they encountered the plane.

Are you suggesting that information has been conveniently overlooked by countless people who have spent a fortune and a lifetime searching for the same plane? I’m not making a judgement call on your assertion but it seems like this mystery would have been solved 7 years after it went missing yet very intelligent people have spent 10’s of millions in recent years looking for it.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
How old would she be?

Older than your tired schtick, but not by much.
No!!!!! Come no there are 4 dozen 79 year olds that leech and latch onto the schtick. Rockchuck crashes into his ass with some paragraphical cut n paste to add wistful mush.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

So 2500k from where she last radioed with 30 minutes of fuel.

🤔

S
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by AcesNeights

Are you suggesting that information has been conveniently overlooked by countless people who have spent a fortune and a lifetime searching for the same plane? I’m not making a judgement call on your assertion but it seems like this mystery would have been solved 7 years after it went missing yet very intelligent people have spent 10’s of millions in recent years looking for it.

Don’t kill the messenger here. What is and what could be are not my making. I am only passing on information as I have gotten it from an archaeologist that has been chasing this for some time.

There are all sorts of stories about her spying, or being found and living in anonymity, and other such speculation. If the plane was found for certain, it makes sense it would be international news, there is supposed to be a show about this on the Discovery Channel soon…

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by AKwolverine

So 2500k from where she last radioed with 30 minutes of fuel.

🤔

Would skip or bounce or whatever the call it have been a possibility?

Me

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
How old would she be?

type "Amelia Earhart" into your computer and press "Enter", it'll be like a small miracle when you see what happens.....

That doesn't work. I typed in "Gerolaga Reiviera" and got n9thing.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
I cannot discount anything nor would I so take this thought as it is.
Not many years ago mineral rights for an entire county in northern Minnesota were sold to an outfit from Colorado.
They brought in a large dual bladed helicopter that ran a grid over the entire county area just under 1/4 mile parallel lines, from 1500 feet up. The bird had a huge wire hoop that hung under it as it flew the grid.

I met two guys working ground crew from it and was told underground or above that thing could pick up any trace of minerals or metals to a certain depth. They could adjust it to specific search targets.

If the plane is on land it would seem cost effective and time saving to run one of those over a suspected island and make short work of it?

Osky

A woman's heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth and I can find no sign on it.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
There are "eyewitness" accounts of all sorts of events and sightings: Elvis, Hitler, Big Foot, ghosts, space aliens, Santa, and many more.

There's a word for those accounts: fiction.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
She was born in 1897

Osky

A woman's heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth and I can find no sign on it.
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
There are reports that radio operators picked up transmissions from Earhart after the crash time frame. Any thoughts on this from you history guys, Shrap?

Osky

S
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by Osky
I cannot discount anything nor would I so take this thought as it is.
Not many years ago mineral rights for an entire county in northern Minnesota were sold to an outfit from Colorado.
They brought in a large dual bladed helicopter that ran a grid over the entire county area just under 1/4 mile parallel lines, from 1500 feet up. The bird had a huge wire hoop that hung under it as it flew the grid.

I met two guys working ground crew from it and was told underground or above that thing could pick up any trace of minerals or metals to a certain depth. They could adjust it to specific search targets.

If the plane is on land it would seem cost effective and time saving to run one of those over a suspected island and make short work of it?

Osky

This is part of the sophisticated equipment these guys have, which is a drone with the same kind of GPR that you are talking about. He says he will be back in the jungle soon and make a push for where the Aussies had seen the debris in 1944…

Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

562 members (12344mag, 1234, 2500HD, 10gaugeman, 1badf350, 10Glocks, 62 invisible), 2,526 guests, and 1,196 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,812
Posts18,516,515
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.